Beat This! Beat This! Competition - October 16-17, 2024

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 644
this last one tho? both you & crog happened to sound genuinely interesting. could actually feel the emotions ur shit evoked rather than just boppin head yk.

I genuinely don't believe I'd have got even 1 vote on this beat - and I'm not mad. I don't think it deserved it

3 of my favorite 5 beats placed, I think chuck Ears' in there and maybe Jim's or oninf. My top 3 probably you bandia ears', but for Ears' not to place is fucking wild man, i wonder who took his votes

It's why I always value Beat This as the better W --- people listen to 27 beats, but come back for your specific beat.

Sometimes it's because the beat cheesed it, but if you get a lot of votes in Beat This, your music is likely making an emotional connection with the listener; and that is fucking golden.
yeah, there's a difference between want & need and in warzone, doin what u needa to would prolly do trick. that's what I think is the issue with new music. everyone's so caught up with what they need to do to make music, they forget to make the music they want to make. ultimately, that'll be the music people want to listen to.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
as if I've ever gave u anythin other than honest feedback. I mean cmon, you of all people have to remember when they used to call me toilet paper :skull: I really fucked with ur shit, no bs.

and tfym "grind" for my OG Badge? offer fade more footjobs so he'd be motivated to keep paying for the servers to be up or sumn? :skull::skull:
well, appreciate you --- dunno what you hearing tho.

For me, the main melody and mix, yeah. But, just couldn't get it to 'rock' like I wanted.

I think once I can find that 'thing' I'm looking for, people are going to be trouble here

Earsblower

Listen closely... Closer...
Battle Points: 115
That's what I always found interesting with Trap beats. I've heard a lot of really good ones over the years but at the same time it's not that they're boring, it's that it's just THERE. It's hard to describe. When that happens I tend to really listen to it a little deeper to hear what sets it apart from the other beats so I can decide if I'm going to vote for it or not.
Thats almost like racism... Just sayin :cool:

I'm just glad everyone had a good time.

Fist Pump Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
A blast, as always
Destroy Bomb Blast GIF by sendwishonline.com

crog85

Absolute Mobster Lobster
Battle Points: 857
@crog85 hard as FUCK. you do good beats a lot which can get boring, but this one has real soul to it. genuinely thought you'd win.
Yea, i know what u mean about "boring" beats... I get bored with most things I try to make and just stop working on them... I feel like this beat is what my beats are progressing towards at the moment... It's the "newest" beat i've made (I dont make many)... It's soulful but is also still a bit aggressive... I've gotten away from those super dark, hard beats (although I may have some stashed away for halloween :devilish:)

crog85

Absolute Mobster Lobster
Battle Points: 857
That's why I always love when he sneaks in a non-trap beat here n there, high quality still but different vibe.
Hmm... :unsure:

Though the guy in 4th place had my preference on the trap today due to the 'song-like' feel to it.
Nothing against that beat... but to me, that beat sounds more like a "generic" trap beat... it still sounds good tho and its well constructed... its a good beat, just my opinion

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Hmm... :unsure:

Nothing against that beat... but to me, that beat sounds more like a "generic" trap beat... it still sounds good tho and its well constructed... its a good beat, just my opinion
I agree.

But there was something about it I heard a 'song' to, in my head. It's like I said for Earblowers beat, it was great but something I felt missing, which was the vocal to complete the song.