Beat This! Beat This! Competition - June 26-27, 2024

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 55
To be fair Lo-Fi can be so different to each and everyone, it's hard to pinpoint on some precise criterias. I guess the only one that does stand out is the more slow type and a lil bit of pitch modulation. IMO at least.

Really eager to hear what you guys brought on the table !!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 567
To be fair Lo-Fi can be so different to each and everyone, it's hard to pinpoint on some precise criterias. I guess the only one that does stand out is the more slow type and a lil bit of pitch modulation. IMO at least.

Really eager to hear what you guys brought on the table !!

ion know...hope mines qualifies as lofi
out here degrading shit and listening like 'this still sounds hi-fi?'

Listening to lo-fi playlists, a lot of the stuff doesn't sound overly lo-fi. It's just kinda vaguely degraded drums or whatnot.

Some people's mixes here are bad enough they probably qualify as lofi just for that :woot:

Think there will be some nice beats tho. Gonna be vibey

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 567
These turnouts!

Beauty Flirt GIF by Maybelline

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 55
Ok after a proper listen maybe 4 or 5 does not feel lofi at all... After listening to others I feel like mine might not even be lofi enough... Still think most of the beats do have a minimum lofi effects in them tho... Lots of great ones on there.
Also mostly all I hear is :
Gene Kelly Rain Dance GIF

Battle Points: 25
Made my best attempt at a lo-fi hip hop beat, not sure if the drums fit the criteria tho... it might fit the trap genre instead :confused: But i liked a lot of the beats submitted, lofi or not

Last edited:
Ok after a proper listen maybe 4 or 5 does not feel lofi at all... After listening to others I feel like mine might not even be lofi enough... Still think most of the beats do have a minimum lofi effects in them tho... Lots of great ones on there.
Also mostly all I hear is :
Gene Kelly Rain Dance GIF
I dont think its necessary to violate your beats as much as possible with effects for them to be considered LOFI. For me its all about the vibe, like if you found an old cassette tape in your parents attic. Some are in better shape than others