Beat This! Competition - July 10-11, 2024

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Illmuzik is crazy and amazing if it wasn't for them some of us wouldn't have any spots. But as far as beatmaking goes I think I should get a little more props. My beats have been improving and it's kind of obvious that I'm trying to supercede my own spot now maybe i deserve a cinch of more props than im gettin not a lot a cinch get me over the hump
Each time you battle you want people to give you props. That's not how it works. Everyone gets a participation trophy though (1 point) if that makes you feel better.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 99
Illmuzik is crazy and amazing if it wasn't for them some of us wouldn't have any spots. But as far as beatmaking goes I think I should get a little more props. My beats have been improving and it's kind of obvious that I'm trying to supercede my own spot now maybe i deserve a cinch of more props than im gettin not a lot a cinch get me over the hump
All that matters is YOU are happy with your creation. If you do this for other props then you are not at the right place. In all due respect your beat was not that good and I don't think it should have placed but hey, 4 of my top 5 were not even placed so who am I to judge ? Guess my tastes are not aligned with the majority here but still enjoy pitching my stuff.

Still, not crying about it

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590

Not a bad beat, sound quality is decent, and in terms of balance is not too bad a mix.

I think however, that the musical elements, vs the drums and 808s, they don't feel connected, musically speaking. Almost feel like two different songs - as if a DJ is mixing two together when transitioning from one to the other.

I think it's at the end part of each bar i feel that the most, so it could be harmonically. We have to think about timing, even in your reverb you need to think about the timing.

Like I said, it's pretty good, but there's some disconnect in there somewhere for me.

whats your name famous one? I heard your beat and @Armani was right it does sounds stolen. What DAW do you use? and do you have the masters to that beat?
he not like us, he not like us, he not like us

yep, that's the smell. classic medium-rare ass. find god brother. come back when you've found god.

Man ya can’t think like this. I don’t place at all anymore but I love what I make, that’s the important thing.
Keep at it!
I don’t always vibe with some that place and my favourite might be someone who didn’t place and that’s fine.
If you feel your beats have been improving then your on the right track, make music you love

Man ya can’t think like this. I don’t place at all anymore but I love what I make, that’s the important thing.
Keep at it!
I don’t always vibe with some that place and my favourite might be someone who didn’t place and that’s fine.
If you feel your beats have been improving then your on the right track, make music you love
Yer, I haven't placed in a looong time as well, we just keep pushing.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Congrats to @Primz I'm not gone lie that beat was very creative. It made me feel like I was listening to opening credits for Miami Vice or something it was telling a story you could prob submit that to a sync library or get a movie placement. Nice vibe to it. I did not get a chance to vote or listen at the time because of work. I just listened to the placed beats just now and shout to all who placed all great joints but @K-waz that beat was HARD bro!!! Sheesh. You might have to put that on Full Metal Boom Bap!!!! That sample is incredible too I would murk that sample. Would have had my vote. Good ish bro!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
hey everyone, i just saw in another forum (that was active months ago) that people were saying i didn't make my beat and stole it from someone else. that was an old random song of mine (i made it in 2019), and i removed the vocals from it to upload it as a beat for that competition because only beats were allowed, and i liked that song and i wanted to see how people would judge its beats. that's why i was saying that we should be allowed to upload whole songs, or whatever one wants to upload instead of having criteria. i am a famous producer, on my live stream coming on sites like this for kicks to see if people who judge these are placing me 1st in every beat battle or not. and maybe find talented producers.
Found your original

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Found your original

Found your original

Found your original

OOOps. So is this guy the one who produced this?? @K-waz @Iron Keys
Welcome to illmuzik Kanye. He did this track @Iron Keys @Armani @Fade

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.