Beat This! Competition - February 7-8, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Thanks, I voted Armani so it's just, a great beat, good all round again, won't be easy to get a win at these standards
Nah man, genuinely. With no hate to anyone else. Your beat was solid. Musically. Vibey af. Really fit the vibe.

Don't be fooled by Arvin. Just a loop and drums he always cheesing these days lazy bugger.

Praise him when he actually puts in some proper work. Praise him. But fear him too.

Congrats @Armani "throwing some drums over a guitar sample" cant go wrong with a bit of spanish acoustic guitar in a love themed battle. Your beat reminds me of a track my mate at the studio made years ago for our album after he invited a busker in to record. I also made a track using what was recorded that day, it was in actual fact a fucking love song lmfao.
I knew mine werent quite on topic, but jumped in to show my face and keep the numbers up. Also got some weird fucking click on the hook that I never heard until today.
Was a low turnout, could have been better, werent many on topic beats tbh

@Da Archangels I knew that was a Bond chord progression from listening on my phone at work today, couldnt quite make out the vocals so just had the chord progression to go on. I love a bit of Bond music.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats @Armani!

Islamic Republic Of Iran Travel GIF

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I put @crog85 in 2nd - the random kill bill sound really felt out of place
Its been a while… but I see ur ears are still working perfectly!

It was definitely a top 5 beat imo, but yea, didnt make the beat for this battle… just had it lying around… thought it fit the theme well enough and wasnt going back in to make any changes to it :confusedphones:

Nah man, genuinely. With no hate to anyone else. Your beat was solid. Musically. Vibey af. Really fit the vibe.

Don't be fooled by Arvin. Just a loop and drums he always cheesing these days lazy bugger.

Praise him when he actually puts in some proper work. Praise him. But fear him too.
on one hand I get your point, on the other I'm pretty sure I'll have to become dre + kanye + jesus + kevin durant + a pirate for your stiff stinky stingy ass to finally give a brother any sort of straight-up props.

Oh, and congrats lil bro :LOL:
@Armani
cheeeeeeeeers :woot:

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I find it hard to believe @crog85 or @Ys Man didn't win this battle. Straight robbed! At least they put in some effort and not just slapped together a basic drum loop and guitar sample. Not to mention their mixing skills are on point!

Thief Robbery GIF

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
Only 1 worthy winner in that for me.

Only really felt like there was 2 potential contenders outside of that.

Feels like everyone else missed the theme?
Seems like your overall definition of "Love" is RnB radio-friendly Chris Brown and Miguel simp sounds...when it's a themed battle from a group of creatives, some of us decided to go left and outside the box of (which is what happens in real life when you're truly in love).

Kinda crazy to tell other people what their definition of Love should be without submitting a beat...looking a lil Fresh & Fit

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Seems like your overall definition of "Love" is RnB radio-friendly Chris Brown and Miguel simp sounds...when it's a themed battle from a group of creatives, some of us decided to go left and outside the box of (which is what happens in real life when you're truly in love).

Nahhh

This may be why some of you may struggle as creatives if you cant interpret a brief. Always fine to reinterpret etc but a lot of this just did not translate.

It'd be like fade saying theme: football, and then you submit a beat with basketball sounds etc. You can call it left field or outside of box. But largely its just a miss.

The beat that won used a cliche guitar sample... so shows you all these voting 'creatives' also agreed with the rnb radio love sound, despite submitting underground hard-core hiphop beats. So I'd say it leans more towards people unable to portray.

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
I voted for Armani just because it was an overall beautiful beat - I play guitar and am a sucker for a Spanish guitar. There were also beats about getting dome and bootys clappin that I thought were hilarious and could have gotten my vote.

Love to me is sad minor chords played by an orchestra over an atypical rhythm breakbeat with a muted woman singing sample. But, telling other people what "Love" is without even submitting a beat is kinda wild and looking like Fresh and Fit.

Attachments

• Fresh and Fit.jpg
    Fresh and Fit.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21

Kinda crazy to tell other people what their definition of Love should be without submitting a beat...looking a lil Fresh & Fit
Strange way to tell everyone you're gay!.........I'm just joking, I agree for example insideout's melancholic beat was like a lost love or bereavement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online