Beat This! Competition - February 7-8, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I'm not the only one who noticed his same 1 drum pattern.

I flicked between a few songs. Exactly same hat pattern. It's a good quite distinct pattern. But it's like hebliterallyloads up his project and just changes the one shot clicks export. Tragic.

Alc has a few noticeable traits in what he does I think. The trick is always finding a sample and making it fit right. Get that right and the rest should be easy enough. Just wonder how these cats did it without stem separation and time stretching!
the AKAI S950 had time stretching back when Jungle was being made. The sound of Jungle was dependent on it. The stem separation is definitely a complete game changer. We have it so easy now, beats make themselves lol

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
Just got back from taking my sons and nephew to the African American Museum of History and this quote had me thinking about you fellas and this thread...hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and finding some time to get creative

Attachments

• Music Outside the Box AA Museum.jpg
    Music Outside the Box AA Museum.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 20

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Just got back from taking my sons and nephew to the African American Museum of History and this quote had me thinking about you fellas and this thread...hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and finding some time to get creative
That's pretty n all

But in context of a theme, or brief, being outside the box is a risk, and also it still actually has to fit what the box was asking.

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
That's pretty n all

But in context of a theme, or brief, being outside the box is a risk, and also it still actually has to fit what the box was asking.

Attachments

• main-qimg-607e0161441400ea449da44f85adf1dd-pjlq.jpeg
    main-qimg-607e0161441400ea449da44f85adf1dd-pjlq.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 13
  • MV5BZWViZDNiNGYtNWZmYi00YmFjLWIyMjAtNzVmMWU5N2QyZTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNzIzNjg4._V1_.jpg
    MV5BZWViZDNiNGYtNWZmYi00YmFjLWIyMjAtNzVmMWU5N2QyZTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNzIzNjg4._V1_.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 15

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Guys - we'll relax on the themes for now except for the one lined up. Later on down the line we'll talk about it. Until then, make some beats!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Guys - we'll relax on the themes for now except for the one lined up. Later on down the line we'll talk about it. Until then, make some beats!
Lol people talk about outside the box but just want to make their same one trap/bap beat they mastered from their favorite youtuber.

They don't own any 'love' or 'no drums' templates for your themes Fade.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133

This is exactly how i feel about trap producers

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21

That’s cool but I personally prefer the themes so shame to relax on them.
I couldn’t give a fuck if people don’t get my version of love or whatever it’s the creative process.
There are paintings that people interpret in their own way as different from the artists intention as with many lyrics.

There are beats that I think don’t hit my version of the themes but I know that’s their version.

Equally of people not ‘hitting’ the theme is also the listeners not interpreting the beats vibe. All subjective really.

Someone on planet earth wrote:

In the art world, nothing hurts a career or bruises the ego like a misinterpreted artwork. That is why it’s such a shame that, hundreds of years after their conception and creation, some of the world’s most renowned artistic pieces are still frequently misinterpreted or misunderstood.

We might not be producing some of the world’s best but you get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.