Beat This! - April 22-23, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you and agree this a hiphop site, but that was my method of voting, because everyone here i'm assuming is hiphop (including myself), but the production range I can't ignore. My top playlist is hiphop/rap, and I know voting that way is in the minority and the "true" hip hoppers will still have a higher probability of winning. I'm definitely not knocking sampling, my favorite producers sample like J Dilla, Arrab, and my best friend who past was ASR10/MPC2000 all the way, but the skill of playing samples in its self like an instrument not just looping I am a huge fan of. I am always amazed of how they can take small pieces and make them feel organic.
There is one reason alone that I try to not sample and just compose, because I cannot release what I have sampled. Im not paying thousands of pounds to clear a sample, aint happening, not on my watch.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Another thing I would say is that one of the reason i decided to join this site is because in the year that I have been here guys seem to be really supportive of one another and give feedback and its seems a genuine unity among beat makers and producer's. I have bee apart of many sites that had thousand of active people but the whole time there's the chop sample vs original beef everyday and it was toxic and I always left. This site doesn't have that or at least not that I have seen so props for that and you guys for maintaining that standard.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
There is one reason alone that I try to not sample and just compose, because I cannot release what I have sampled. Im not paying thousands of pounds to clear a sample, aint happening, not on my watch.
Man, that is the same for me. But lately Ive been dabbling in sampling and was thinking to have them up for free download since I cant sell them at my price. My thoughts was if anyone used them its marketing for me and if they're blowing up, hopefully they invest in clearing but these days people just remake.the original feel or remake in a different key and getaway that way (stealing the Feel).

Man, that is the same for me. But lately Ive been dabbling in sampling and was thinking to have them up for free download since I cant sell them at my price. My thoughts was if anyone used them its marketing for me and if they're blowing up, hopefully they invest in clearing but these days people just remake.the original feel or remake in a different key and getaway that way (stealing the Feel).

Exactly, sampled beats can only be given away on mixtapes and sold to rappers on the understanding that they need to clear the samples. Which makes the beats cheap, its hard to sell beats alone as it is let alone make a living selling cheap sampled beats, its just not financially viable IMO. Especially if you are able to make original composed music that has a hip hop feel, even if its not sampled. You can release that all day and at a price that is worth the time it took to make

This is the reason iv started to learn the piano, i just want to be in the zone and come up with original melodies. Though, when i sample, i listen to the melody and recreate it, add some effects, put a spin on it and it doesnt sound like the original sample.
The quickest way to learn how melodies are put together is by copying others. Check out some midi files.
Imitation can be a great learning tool sometimes, just taking a small sample and trying to recreate it is good practice in layering melodies and counter melodies that play off of each other and keep the listener interested.

Once you can find what scale a sample is, then you can improvise within every key of that scale/mode and every key sounds right.

Well I Voted TBH It Weren't Easy To Pick Either Some I Just Wasn't Feeling About 9 Or 10 Were Outstanding I Struggled To Get The The Hip-Hop Theme Through With Mine I Reckon But I Think I've Defo Voted For The Best One Anyways Good Luck TO All Today
Yeah, the one I thought would win got my vote, I dont usually vote for others in these, but that beat deserved my vote. I think this will be a close one, whatever happens. Ill be happy to make top 5

i was talking about you not making the signup deadline.... you know i own you in the first place :p :p
Eeeeeeeeeeverybody's talkin shit now Like I ain't whooped each of their asses before :D y'all reaaalllly miss the touch of my kick on your asses don't ya?

@2GooD Productions , you know what I find most interesting about you? Your beats can be dope AF, but you always think it's not good enough...we are our own worst critic... honestly I haven't heard a bad beat from you yet.. lmao
hahahahahaha, oh I know my beat is good, I fucking love it and have played it over 100 times on repeat hahahaha.BUT...
The beat I voted for is on some next level get the AK out the boot and go spray up the neighbourhood shit.
I know my limits man, and just giving my honest opinion.

"Keeping it real" as they say

by the way mad props to fade for a theme so dope that we have 196 messages so far and the battle isn't even over yet. at this point I feel like I have mini-beef with as many people as tupac had beefs with :D

by the way mad props to fade for a theme so dope that we have 196 messages so far and the battle isn't even over yet. at this point I feel like I have mini-beef with as many people as tupac had beefs with :D
thats not beef, thats tofu. hahahahahahahaha

thats not beef, thats tofu. hahahahahahahaha
I ain't even old enough to know what that is lol. tho I think i have the highest beat trash-talk ratio. both others at me and me at others.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online