Battle That! Battle That! Competition - September 11-14, 2024

Jimulacrum

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 12
Already got 2 beats done done and 1 on the verge.

I wonder how many folks will be able to have 4 ready to submit by end of next week.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
So if I understood right, subs are sept 5 and 6 (open for 2 days) there are no limits of ppl who can submit but only 16 will be chosen AND during the selection process the beats aren't heard or voted by members. Then once all 16 are chosen then the battle starts on sept 11 and each round is lasting a day, so round 1 = sept 11 , round 2 = sept 12 etc.

Have I got this right ?
Pretty sure that is spot on, brother!

Only thing to add would be... the beat you sign up with *doesn't have to be* one of the ones you use in the battle, but it also can be.

When you are chosen you will be notified by Fade (can't remember if by email or dm and email - I almost missed it one year), at which point you upload your 4 beats and select which order (round) they will be for.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So if I understood right, subs are sept 5 and 6 (open for 2 days) there are no limits of ppl who can submit but only 16 will be chosen AND during the selection process the beats aren't heard or voted by members. Then once all 16 are chosen then the battle starts on sept 11 and each round is lasting a day, so round 1 = sept 11 , round 2 = sept 12 etc.

Have I got this right ?
Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 99
Pretty sure that is spot on, brother!

Only thing to add would be... the beat you sign up with *doesn't have to be* one of the ones you use in the battle, but it also can be.

When you are chosen you will be notified by Fade (can't remember if by email or dm and email - I almost missed it one year), at which point you upload your 4 beats and select which order (round) they will be for.
Oh gotcha so we submit only one beat for the selection, then we will be notified on a later date if selected and then we upload the 4 beats to use.

Great, now it all make sense.

See you in the finals.

Jimulacrum

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 12
I finished #3, but think I'm going to replace #1 after all, so I technically only have 2 done now.

Got a nice sample loop and drum pattern coming together for the next one, though. Been vibing out to it while I work.

Vibing White Cat GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
I'm at about 4, but I'm not 100% on whether I'll use all of them. Will make some spares just to make my life choosing what to use for the battle that much harder for myself.
I started making a beat with the very first sound I made sounding like "yeah this is a tough battle type beat" then somehow immediately became more chill and whatnot.

Gonna have to reattempt.

Working on beat 2 but beat 1 ain't complete yet.

Feel like potentially best stuff I've made in a while tho, but we'll see.