What label would you wanna be signed to?

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
i wouldnt want to be signed to anything having to do with nas, until i see him actually DO SOMETHING with his artists. he has shown zero ability to make develop an artist.

To be honest, if i was workin with Nas i wouldnt giv a fuck if i was gettin promoted by him or not, just as long as i was constantly providing beats for him.just to work with Nas would be amazin.

For me, being freelance would be the ideal, but i would definately wana work for the roc or def jam.

there would be stiff competition in the aftermath camp from you know who lol, but again just to work with the artists in any of the above labels would be surreal.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Loose Cannon said:
I dont know much about legal things and contracts and all that, but i think id rather stay kinda independent, so you dont get caught up in shit like, "Well we dont let our producers work with people from this label." or "This guy has beef with this guy so we dont want you to produce for him."

I dont know how it works real well.

But if Rawkus got itself together id probly like workin with there roster. Or Stones Throw.

"ditt" to the f'n "o"

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
but getting placed on a label for a short period of time can be very beneficial for amateurs like us who are trying to get some connects. just dont get into any kind of long term contract. a year maybe or 5 to 10 songs. something like that would do wonders for your career.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
P_1 said:
but getting placed on a label for a short period of time can be very beneficial for amateurs like us who are trying to get some connects. just dont get into any kind of long term contract. a year maybe or 5 to 10 songs. something like that would do wonders for your career.

yeah but if i were to get signed to a label that puts out good hip hop, i would rather say with them and continue to make good hip hop rather than jumping into the commercial scene just because there is money! i'm in it to make good shit, not to make boat loads of money, if i never get paid as a producer i will continue to do it because it is apart of me.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Death Row East (not the one now but the one 2Pac wanted to start with Method Man and other East coast artists, unfortunately, he didn't live to see it happen)

Blacksmith Records (Kweli's label): Conscious artists and creative freedom