your favorite vst instruments

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol @ mini moog.

Ive dealt with the real thing, and the VST one doesnt cut it. I much prefer the Alesis Micron..lol, and thats watered down (IMO).

VSTs -

well the East West RA collection for ehtnic instruments, is the best ive heard.

Colossus, nice base of sounds, but not nearly enough for it to be ALL i use.

Native Instruments, Kontakt is ill if you know how to tweak...however, ive been tweaking NNXT first and NNXT and Reason FX wiring seems easier and more effective for me. But i dont use reason right now... so both are useless to me. I have this dope Triton Pro X refill from craiglist..that i need to load reason for......

Albino 3... thats cool, i mean you can make some new sounds. But its not as good as the Micron, once again. I use this one whistle on it mainly for my lil jon knock off beats.

Hypersonic 2, nice arrangement of sounds. With some EQ and compression you can get the job done. Unfortunataly, im still lookin for a better job.

Face it, ever since the ES dropped... lol nothing in VST format has come close. Even the Roland JV series are still much better than modern VST samplers, IMO.

and Trilogy has alot of NICE features.. however its Synth section, i would never use for the music i make...its acoustic section is ideal for Jazz and Neo Soul. But when it comes to finding a bass for a straight up street/sampled track.. ive yet to be satisfied. Reasons subtractor sub patch, spoiled me.... and im a FL USER ! lol, i usually just layer 808s on my kicks for bass tho when im using FL...i know its lazy, but sounds better than using a bass with characteristics that dont fit the song/samples era.

Sample Tank - love and hate. Lots of FX and tweaks..the sonic reality collection is dope. Its one of those things i goto for a guitar..harp..maybe some romance strings. But i end up loading my XV for everything else. If the synths were so thin, and the library wouldnt crash every now and again cuz it cant find a sample...id be in love.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the NI are pretty much rockin the market but there are some others. look for kvr on 2005 awards, that could give you an ideea of what you need more.

i got albino when i saw it was in top 10.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lounge Lizard - Gotta have a good Rhodes VST in my lineup. This replaced EVP73.

Novation V-Station - I love this synth, pads and strings sound good as hell with it.

FM7 - 'cause I have to have FM and, especially, my old TX7 and TX81z patches.

Sytrus - I'm getting into this one a lot these days.

Pro53 - I always liked the Sequential sound over anything Moog or Roland.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my main VST's are Battery 2 and FM7 without those two i'd be at a loss for real. although i may have get hold of that mini-moog that sounds like it could be useful..

E

Equality 7-2521

At the moment I hate virtual instruments because I dont have enough RAM to run lots of them simultaneously. Bar that I like...

Trilogy, Atmosphere, B4 II, Akoustik, Elektrik & BFD. Would like to get into EW Symphonic Orchestra but that is a matter of hard drive space.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i aint a big vst dude i got a couple i use this 1 called lazy snake real good epiano module i use jxsynth to not often though i use soundfonts more than anything

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Trilogy
Sonik Synth
Intakt
SR202
FM7
Hypersonic
Korg Legacy Collection
I could list more but I use these more often then others.

members online