WTF is a mixtape????

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
This is a new day. We just need someone with the right drive to make it all happen. Set a schedule and follow it through to the end.

(Not aimed at Dac)

I was gonna just let yall cook, but I gotta say this, you MUST promote this. Posting on ILL and FB is NOT enough. I repeat: That is NOT enough!! Dont put energy into half assing this, theres absolutely zero point in that. Alot of people went on rants about supporting their project then disappeared when other people's projects came up, all involved must be consistent, and DO NOT let moochers fuck the system and dip.

That is all for now, anymore and I gotta start a thread. (And there IS more)

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I disagree, thnk it needs to make a comeback, its part of the overall artform, Im surprised no one yelled at you for saying that! lol

i didnt say it wasnt a huge part of hiphop, Hype isnt nescesarily whats best because u have to factor in all the idiots opinions in hype.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I don't think anyone is sounding old

What we are saying is that most mix tapes sound like ass and have crappy songs on them. Some of them don't, a few that where mentioned here sound great. But MOST mixtapes SUCK BALLS! To the point that the entire term can not be taken seriously.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I don't think anyone is sounding old

What we are saying is that most mix tapes sound like ass and have crappy songs on them. Some of them don't, a few that where mentioned here sound great. But MOST mixtapes SUCK BALLS! To the point that the entire term can not be taken seriously.

possibly. But most artists making these tape suck balls, which is why alot of fans dont take hiphop seriously. Its not mixtapes fault lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
So lets not call it a "mixtape" (eventhough thats how we are referring to it now). Call it a "compilation" or "2011 edition" or "whatever".

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304