Which type of music do you sample the most?

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Which type of music?

• Classical

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • Jazz

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Funk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I like to sample anything I think is cool, but I get most of inspiration from classical. I know a lot about this kind of music, so I like to use stuff from composers the average person has never heard of like Sibelius, Nielsen, Prokofiev etc...

O

open mind

NobleWordz said:
I'm giveing away a secret here .... Celtic music is practically untouched by sampling, check it out.

~NW~
maybe that has a reason why its not sampled.......... maybe it SUCKS?!? :p

nah man iam kidding digg hard to found unique sounds/samples.

J

JMSoundzLTD

NobleWordz said:
lol fate?

Anyway it doesn't suck, some of it is very atmospheric and dark sounding.

Ready or Not by the fugees sampled a Celtic song by Enya.

~NW~

Serious? Damn, my ma listens to Enya rofl, ima have to go cop' that CD from her tonight, come up wit somdin slick like "it insipires me, to make greate music!!" rofl.

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
Mainly Jazz for it is a form of all music as hip hop is! But form time to time soul and funk play a role in my construction of music to.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I've heard some pretty good celtic songs worthy of sampling........As for the music I most look for are old soul songs, and rock songs from like the 70's. Has anyone heard of TheYardBirds? Its the singer from Led Zepplin, Eric Clapton and a few other guys before they did their own thing,......they have great sample worthy material.

C

cbryson

Any and everything. You name it and i'll sample it. I'm really feeling spanish music right now.