Which type of music do you sample the most?

Which type of music?

• Classical

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • Jazz

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Funk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Soul cuz I grew up around it and I dig it the most, Then in second comes classic rock.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
If i ever do sample something like to get a one shot hit or to make kits its from shit u wouldnt even think about. I do get sounds from familiar stuff but its the stuff u dont look at that has the good shit to use.

Nicole

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Jazz, there is so much variance in styles, so its easy to find some samples that no ones heard

L

LoWw

Mostly soul records or mp3's but will listen to anything to find that diamond in the rough!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Classical all the way. I love the fact that pretty much everything is open, rather than other forms of music where you gotta look for breaks, etc.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Soul mostly...but I like to sample Jazz also. I am getting into foreign music too, like middle eastern or the far east. Good ish.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my problem is that i don't look for hot samples when im bout to make a beat, ill go to the record store, buy any records that look like they may have something nice, if i happen to have my portable, ill needle drop a couple times to make sure it's alright, then it goes into the piles at home. when im bout to make a beat ill grab 4 or 5 random records, make sure i havent used em recently, and just throw the first one on and needle drop, first track i hear that sounds like it could be a sample, that's what i use. i think sometimes its a problem cus i wont be able to make a fire beat from some wack sample, and ill spend hours trying to flip it, whatever though, hopefully in the long run it makes me more versatile

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Other- I try to flip a lot of international music. There's one particular region that I sample the most but I can't share that- it's my "trick of the trade" lol

bobhellbringer

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
everyday i come home from school since it's the end of year no hw so i pick a record out of 2 crates of my parent's records and sample it and try (note the try) to make a beat out of it. Usually it's jazz sometimes classical, funk, childrens music (lol i got this cartoon "Monster Shindig record from when my mom was 6 that i'm determined to sample) whatever but it tends to be jazz that i pick from it cus that's what the majority of the stuff is. Theres a record store near my house so i pick random records from there too.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i dont use a specific genre of music. if i like a sound, it doesnt matter the type of music it came from

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Not much of a sampler. but when i do, i'll sample anything that makes noise.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
yeah i feel ya