When Hip Hop Was Fun Thread (Videos and Discussion)

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fury Beats and @Fade miss when commercial Hip Hop used to mean when all styles/regions/genres could (and did) "sell." I grew up feeling all types were to have a place in the market as opposed to 1 dominant style.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I @Fury Beats and @Fade miss when commercial Hip Hop used to mean when all styles/regions/genres could (and did) "sell." I grew up feeling all types were to have a place in the market as opposed to 1 dominant style.
Yes, it makes no sense that there is one dominant style that has pretty much taken over. It's like a monopoly (usually short-lived). For example, East coast, vs West Coast, vs Southern Miami Bass, etc...I think this one type of predominant style of hip-hop does crush creativity. Who's making these rules anyway?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: rules @Fury Beats I aim the blame at what remains of the "industry" whose wheels are falling off and "fans" who don't know what they want but accept what is given to them and don't question.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Yes @Fury Beats Griselda Records is named for the queenpin Griselda Blanco of the same name which @Fade makes sense as Conway, Benny and them are the typical "from dope boys to rappers" archetype and re: concerts I'm jealous as I missed out on the aforementioned acts in concert form in their heyday.

If/when a rap show hits my city it's usually them "Lil's" and "Youngs" I don't give a damn about.

members online