When Hip Hop Was Fun Thread (Videos and Discussion)

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
The 80s Rap scene was just so different than what's out today lol. Good times.
It's crazy how things change. I went to a concert once with Big Daddy Kane, MC Lyte, EPMD and I think Salt N. Peppa was there. All would essentially be considered legends these days to some extent. I was probably in eighth grade at the time. In Ohio.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's crazy how things change. I went to a concert once with Big Daddy Kane, MC Lyte, EPMD and I think Salt N. Peppa was there. All would essentially be considered legends these days to some extent. I was probably in eighth grade at the time. In Ohio.
Yeah a lineup like that is "legends" today. It's nuts. I had a chance to see Eric B & Rakim in 88 but the shit only started at 11pm lol. Fuck that. I can't be out that late.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Yeah a lineup like that is "legends" today. It's nuts. I had a chance to see Eric B & Rakim in 88 but the shit only started at 11pm lol. Fuck that. I can't be out that late.

I'd say to be a true hip hop head, you'd have to had been to at least one real hip hop concert in your lifetime. I think you qualify.
roc nation thumbs up GIF by Yandel

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'd say to be a true hip hop head, you'd have to had been to at least one real hip hop concert in your lifetime. I think you qualify.
roc nation thumbs up GIF by Yandel
LOL yeah. My first Rap concert was Maestro Fresh Wes 1989. After that I was hooked. I went to whatever I could. 1990 Public Enemy, 1992 Ice-T (best show ever, way over capacity and some chick was grinding on me), then after that it was tons of shows and DJ battles. Great times.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
LOL yeah. My first Rap concert was Maestro Fresh Wes 1989. After that I was hooked. I went to whatever I could. 1990 Public Enemy, 1992 Ice-T (best show ever, way over capacity and some chick was grinding on me), then after that it was tons of shows and DJ battles. Great times.
Damn, you're overqualified then, lol... I'm in my 40's now. Maybe too old for a hip hop concert these days. I tried to get my wife to go to a Griselda concert last year but she wasn't too excited, lol.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Damn, you're overqualified then, lol... I'm in my 40's now. Maybe too old for a hip hop concert these days. I tried to get my wife to go to a Griselda concert last year but she wasn't too excited, lol.
I have no idea what a Griselda is. Is that like the Gremlins?

Poker Cards GIF by filmeditor

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Now, we did have a chance to go to a Sade (not really hip hop) concert when she was in town but we couldn't make that happen (still kickin' ourselves because Sade rarely does tours)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Now, we did have a chance to go to a Sade (not really hip hop) concert when she was in town but we couldn't make that happen (still kickin' ourselves because Sade rarely does tours)
Man, that would have been nice. Her first album was an instant classic. Still so good after all these years. It's both for chilling and baby-making.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I have no idea what a Griselda is. Is that like the Gremlins?

Poker Cards GIF by filmeditor
Lol, no it is like one of the popular US mainstream labels out there. Here are some of their rappers:

Benny tha Butcher, Conway the Machine (Their lyrics are somewhat all over the place but some of the beats are on point).

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Man, that would have been nice. Her first album was an instant classic. Still so good after all these years. It's both for chilling and baby-making.
Exactly!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
@Fade "I have no idea what a Griselda is. Is that like the Gremlins?"

I'm gonna have to put this in my signature and attribute it to you, lol...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Lol, no it is like one of the popular US mainstream labels out there. Here are some of their rappers:

Benny tha Butcher, Conway the Machine (Their lyrics are somewhat all over the place but some of the beats are on point).
Shit, I didn't even realize they were on a label called that. I know their music but that label name sounds like a Disney character. LOL seriously I'd change that shit.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Griselda sounds like the name of the witch from some disney movie
I think of some mythical woman with mystique when I hear the word "Griselda". On further research, looks like it was named after a Colombian woman drug lord who was shot at the age of 69.

Last edited:

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Here is a treat for those who have never been to a hip hop concert b4. Feel free to skip past the warm up acts. This is a Griselda concert in DC apparently.