Whats ya fav part when makin ya beats

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
The best part of beat making for me is putting together (successfully) a solid track and everything that I've heard in my head comes out the way I heard it. Whether it's a flipped sample/s, keys, strings or whatever I use. My drums make the whole thing come together. When my drums and patterns are hot, so is everything else. Poppin' grimey drums with crunchieness & ambience really do it for me! Straight Boom-Bap!!!!! Ummmm, that's heaven!

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
My favorite part of makin beats is breaking up the weed.*

Just kidding.

Here's my top 3 favorite parts:

3) When I'm sculpting the beat around the rhythm of the verse and it just compliments it so much, even with just a hi-hat line.

2) When I'm working with a melody before I have anything started, and I get lost in the chords, and three hours have gone by. I either feel like a master of the melody, or a cat who would rather masterbate the keys than go out on a Friday night. I feel like I could be shackled to my keyboard for months and as long as I had food and water, I'd be fine.

1) When the melody, the drum line, and all other sounds are lined up with the moon, and the wolves are howling outside and bobbin their heads to the rhythm, and the disabled are standing outta their wheelchairs, and... (okay, I'm going too far) But seriously, when I add that last finishing touch, or find that counter melody with that instrument that at first I thought wouldn't fit and it does... and the beat just sings back to me like she's my only child (and one day I'll sell her cuz I'm a horrible father) and it feels too perfect as if I either heard it before, or something of that caliber, mood, feeling - couldn't have possibly come from me.

Yea... yea, I likes dat.

*Note: the Hypnotist does not promote drug use in any way, nor does he feel that one should need it to make beats. He encourages all to recognize that this is merely a fallacy, and should not be one of the philosophies of a true beatmaker.

BrothaMann

ill o.g.
i love the whole process especially when its finished and it sounds hot and totally different from what you expected or from the original sample that you used.

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
Excuse the late-night, high, birthday post, but:

I've been doing this for years. And I remember the core of what it felt like even back then to make beats. Chills up my spine when I hit that chord that freezes snares in their tracks. Channeling every ounce of my energy into the timeline, and while the clock ticks twenty-five, I realize that I was makin a beat the entire time. Being someone so damn analytical, and then finding myself LOST in some random sinewaves that occupy my entire self.

And that (sorry I'm high and sentimental) is my favorite part about making beats.

Lo-Key

ill o.g.
Recording the beat to CD and taking to the car, putting it in the CD player, and lettin the shit bump! Even better is taking it to a spot that'll play your stuff, like if you got a good dance tune, and hearing your shit come through the speakers and everybody's bobbin they heads or dancin to it and they don't even know the person that made the beat to the track is standin right beside em. There's nuthin better. I rap too so just hearin the flow and the beat in such an environment... its indescribable to me at the moment.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Tha head bob.....Its almost euphoric.....Its like once youve created something so dope its like yer babies an shit, u dont wanna let em go,.....but it feels hella good to just sit there and vibe to yer own shit....

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
either finding a dope sample. or finding a dope pattern after choppin up a sample that you thought you would'nt get anything out of. closest feelin the winning the lottery. Peace.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I guess my favorite part is when I found a sample I want to chop and I think of all the possibilities I can do with it. Then I try different combinations and I ussually find something I never thought about. That's just too much fun.

members online