whats up with kobe?

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1947289

"Bryant said that if he got the chance to sit down with O'Neal, he would apologize for involving O'Neal in Bryant's personal problems, referring to statements given to police in which Bryant said that O'Neal had paid hush money to women."

some peeps were saying his attitude is questionable and i did not belive it but lately im hearing some shit about this dude.

all good entertainment though lol

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah that shit about malone making moves on kobe's wifey was giving me joke, but that girl is fine thou. lol

but im thinking malone should be past all that blazh by now surely? but some other dude was saying how malone has always been sleezy.

anyhow shit is mad funny

M

MIKELABZ

JPeg said:
Yeah that shit about malone making moves on kobe's wifey was giving me joke, but that girl is fine thou. lol

but im thinking malone should be past all that blazh by now surely? but some other dude was saying how malone has always been sleezy.

anyhow shit is mad funny

MALONE IS TOO OLD TO BE THINKING THROUGH HIS DICK... OLD GEEZER...

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
he's lucky shaq neva slapped his ass up, but something has to be up with kobe's personality cos the fact that phil jackson had to leave LA is saying something.

if it was just an issue with shaq u might think maybe shaq is being egotistical but if malone, shaq and jackson r having problems with this dude then he needs to look at how he treats peeps around him.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Misery Loves Company.....damn but see it was kinda like when Kobe was younger his attitude was sort of tolerated but its time he grow up or just get a job commentating or something....or maybe start a trend where a roster only has one player.........I really don't think he's team player.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
as far as malone, kobe ANSWERED questions abuot the situation that WERE ALREADY LEAKED to the media. Kobe said nothing about malone doing anything; not once. he never said "karl malone made a pass at my wife" he was asked, "is this true?" because all the details were already out. i dont get why he keeps catching heat for that one.

shaq..... welllll i dont really know the deal there, it doesnt seem like he was trying to bring him down with him, something like that can just be said without thinking at all... the manuscript i read appeared like it was a passing statement, like "damn, fade has been in this situation and never had it turn out like this" because to be honest, what the hell were the police gonna do abuot that? think about that shit for a minute. what did he have to gain by deliberately telling the cops that? nothing... shit doesnt seem malicious at all.

and, its never to late to apologize. people forget that te things tha tcan be said when your adrenaline is rushing like that, you arent thinking about the consequences, you arent thinking about a damn thing besides the fact that you are now in a life changing situation. ever been in an argument? say some shit out of anger to someone you love that yuo dont really mean? so yo uhave never said anything that yuo didn twish yuo could take back?

im not saying dude is innocent all around, because obviously he isnt, but shaq aint exactly a saint... and neither is malone..... but people act like the man cant try and make amends for shit he did wrong; he acknowledged he fucked up, but hey forgiveness doesnt have a thing to do with the other person. if i apologize and someone doesnt accept, thats on them. i did my part, i'm traight, i tried to make things right and that makes it better for me, regardless of the other person accepts.

dont buy all the media's hype, people. they hate impersonal people. i can go down the list of shaqs transgressions and fuck ups, but the media doesnt fault him because he's the DOMINANT figure, and because he's a funny, personable person. you best believe, if he were a quiet recluse, the media woul dhate him the same.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
I think you sorta right Mike but Kobe kinda arrogant, and that ain't tolerated on a real team man...he thought he was Jordanesque off the break.....see Jordan earned that kind of respect he sort of demanded over his career...Kobe's Head was extremely swollen...that's his problem not that he's famous...all of his teamates are famous too.....LOL....just my opinion cause that was the beef of a lot of his teamates...too

M

MIKELABZ

bigdmakintrax said:
I think you sorta right Mike but Kobe kinda arrogant, and that ain't tolerated on a real team man...he thought he was Jordanesque off the break...Head was extremely swollen...that's his problem that not that he's famous.....LOL....just my opinion cause that was the beef of a lot of his teamates...too

AND THATS WHERE HE GOT IN TROUBLE... AS SOON AS PEOPLE STARTED BEING LIKE.. KOBE IS THE NEXT JORDAN.. THINGS STARTED MANIFESTING... HE BECAME ARROGANT AND PEOPLE KEPT CAPPING HIS HEAD UP TRYING TO MAKE HIM INTO THIS CLEANCUT NBA BASKETBALL PLAYER... DEEP DOWN KOBE KNEW HE WASNT JORDAN-LIKE AT ALL AND IT WAS A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE MEDIA CRACKED HIS SHELL...

U CAN CALL IT MEDIA PRESSURE...OR U CAN CALL IT PEER PRESSURE... OR BOTH.. HE WAS GETTING PAT'S ON THE BACK WHEN HE WAS WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS AND STABS IN THE BACK WHEN HE WASNT...WHEN THEY CAME DOWN HARD ON HIM HE WOULD TAKE THE JORDAN ROUTE AND TRY AND PLAY IT COOL... EVENTUALLY HE COULDNT HIDE BEHIND THAT MASK AND PEOPLE ARE NOW SEEING THE TRUE KOBE... THE KOBE THAT IS NOTHING LIKE JORDAN... THE KOBE WHO HAD SO MUCH PRESSURE TO BE A ROLE MODEL BASKETBALL PLAYER THAT HE BROKE UNDER PRESSURE... HE MADE ONE SLIP AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS...

HIS IMAGE IS DESTROYED AND NOW HE GOTTA REBUILD THAT SHIT. PLAYERS ON THE COURT LOOK AT HIM DIFFERENTLY AND SOME LIKE TO KICK HIM WHILE HE'S DOWN... SO WE GOTTA ASK EACH OTHER.. WAS IT HIS FAULT? WAS HE BEFORE HIS TIME? DID THE MEDIA INSTIGATE THE ISSUE? IS THIS THE PRICE OF FAME?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Exactly, its crazy but it could have been the media, but remember some of his press conferences as a youngin...some even b4 the NBA...that nicca was cocky man...hahaha...he was all world, I think its like this....he probably had a big ego...but this was the last person you want to tell, man you're gonna be the next Jordan...so probably a combination of both him and the media demands led to his demise....but now everyone will look at him different you got Deion Sanders maligning him and saying broke all codes of Pro athletes...and Malone the Vet saying he won't return because of Kobe.....he gonna have to re-invent himself, but if he can come back and grow fom the shidd he has been thru that would be a good thing...

mikelabz said:
and Thats Where He Got In Trouble... As Soon As People Started Being Like.. Kobe Is The Next Jordan.. Things Started Manifesting... He Became Arrogant And People Kept Capping His Head Up Trying To Make Him Into This Cleancut Nba Basketball Player... Deep Down Kobe Knew He Wasnt Jordan-like At All And It Was A Matter Of Time Before The Media Cracked His Shell...

U Can Call It Media Pressure...or U Can Call It Peer Pressure... Or Both.. He Was Getting Pat's On The Back When He Was Winning Championships And Stabs In The Back When He Wasnt...when They Came Down Hard On Him He Would Take The Jordan Route And Try And Play It Cool... Eventually He Couldnt Hide Behind That Mask And People Are Now Seeing The True Kobe... The Kobe That Is Nothing Like Jordan... The Kobe Who Had So Much Pressure To Be A Role Model Basketball Player That He Broke Under Pressure... He Made One Slip And Nothing Else Matters...

His Image Is Destroyed And Now He Gotta Rebuild That Shit. Players On The Court Look At Him Differently And Some Like To Kick Him While He's Down... So We Gotta Ask Each Other.. Was It His Fault? Was He Before His Time? Did The Media Instigate The Issue? Is This The Price Of Fame?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
ya'll act like jordan didnt have his own scandals. um... cheating on his wife? massive gambling issues? his teamates hated his guts. he was a grade a asshole behind closed doors. everything the league says about kobe now, about his "selfish" play, they said about jordan... EXACT same shit.

kobe does seem to be an egomaniac. isnt shaq? for a guy who didnt win shit till kobematured as a player and got phil as a coach, a guy wose teams were always SWEPT the fuck out the playoffs, a lazy ass, whining, crying bitch of a man who always blames someone else for his failures, the same guy who said "ive won everywhere except college and the pros", the same guy who has never even won a rebounding title, or led the led in blocks, the guy who cant hit a free throw, the guy who vacations all summer, and then gets surgery right before training camp, because, in HIS words, "i got injured on company time, im gonna get surgery on company time", the same guy who threw a punch at brad miller WHILE HIS BACK WAS TURNED, the guy who for 7 fuckin years took verbal shots at kobe in the media without kobe EVER saying SHIT to the media till LAST season....

there's a lot of shit the media dont even acknowledge about shaq. want proof of the media bias? espn radio has THREE commercials WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE is to bash kobe bryant. no joke, no lie, no exxageration, you can hear them yourself. three. "espn extra point" is what they are called, and they have three seperate commercials they run bashing kobe. THREE. you dont think they got better shit to advertise then kicking a man who is alread ydown that they hgave to have THREE commercials doing so? that should tell yuo how biased the media is.

they talk about kobe running shaq and phil out of town, although he tried to get a sign and trade done with chicago to LEAVE L.A at the end of the season. even though it took last minute calls from buss and jerry west to get him stay. he was already on his way out. dude was gonna leave. but the media keeps blaming him, even thuogh SHAQ DEMANDED a trade, and phil jackson ADMITTEDLY gave the lakers rediculous demands INTENTIONALLY so they wouldnt keep him, its in his own fucking book. karl malones camp brought up the shit about kobes wife, and kobe answered the questions, and yet kobes the bad guy, the media says he tried to tear down malone, but kobe just answered whether or not the story they ALREADY HAD was accurate.

shit is sad how biased the fuckin media is. i'm a fan in so cal so yea hi follow this shit, and its fuckin obvious whats happening. kobe aint innocent, dude has an ego the size of the league itself, but so did bird, magic, and mike. dude has some scandolous shit going on. so did magic. he cheated on his wife like it was goin out of style. so did mike. charles barkley threw a midget through a window and spit on a little girl. rodman kicked cameramen. headbutted refs. karl malone threw elbows and kicks and routinely handed out concussions, broken noses and busted mouths.

but, kobe is fuckin evil i guess. come on people, look at this shit objectively, look at the whole story, dont just hear a few media soundbytes and then snap to judgement. i follow this shit.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Bottom line.....KOBE is NOT Jordan........There been way too much complaints from teammembers..not just Shaq and Malone though...thats the difference....I think....I mean we don't really know how this man is outside of what you see on TV....but the impression I get is he is somewhat of a Bitch...LOL and his fellow Grown men teammates don't care too much for his antics..that's all....so there has to be a lil more to this guys problems than what MJ had back in tha day...he ain't have all of these complaints from teammates like Kobe.....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yes he did. i've read many a story about it. thing is, jordan was THE man.

obviously kobe isnt, obviously he has alienated people. he isnt innocent by a longshot.

there is, however, an obvious and blatant media bias against him. just as i dont believe that kobe is completely innocent, i do not believe they are completely accurate, partly because there are too many biased reports coming out and routine ommisions of the shaq and phil roles in their feuds. i read the first article regarding the malone issue from tj simers where he had asked kobe about the story that was already circulating, that was first reported by peter vescey out of the new york post. yet the media continually makes kobe the bad guy there even though all he did was answer the question, and said tha the just wanted to keep the private matter a private matter- he didnt take that to the media and yet that is what is continually reported. that shows outstanding bias, and its a little thick. i know the guy is a prick; i know he is self serving. but its nothing new. mike's teamates hated him, trust i have read many stories on the matter, steve kerr has even commented on it on air. he said it wasnt too different from what people say about kobe, and that the only real difference was michael was the real deal, a basketball god at the time, and while kobe is a great player in his own right, what seperates them as players is also what seperates them in terms of media scrutiny.

bear in mind the guy is still only 25 and has his own team for the first time in his pro career. the team projections are long term, not to win a title today. its a process. when the lakers become a top 5 team again, the media will change their tune. i guarantee it.

M

MIKELABZ

bigdmakintrax said:
Bottom line.....KOBE is NOT Jordan........There been way too much complaints from teammembers..not just Shaq and Malone though...thats the difference....I think....I mean we don't really know how this man is outside of what you see on TV....but the impression I get is he is somewhat of a Bitch...LOL and his fellow Grown men teammates don't care too much for his antics..that's all....so there has to be a lil more to this guys problems than what MJ had back in tha day...he ain't have all of these complaints from teammates like Kobe.....

U EVER NOTICE WHEN PEOPLE GET COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE IT CAN DRIVE THEM TO BE BETTER OR WORSE?... THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO KOBE... INSTEAD OF BEING HUMBLE AND SHOWING PEOPLE HE WAS A TEAM PLAYER WHEN HE WAS COMPARED TO JORDAN, HE WENT THE OTHER WAY, WENT SOLO, GOT COCKY AND TRIED TO BE BETTER THAN JORDAN.. SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA BE HUMBLE AND TAZKE EVERYTHING IN STRIDE SO THAT U CAN PROVE TO PEOPLE THROUGH UR ACTIONS WHO U REALLY ARE...

SAY SOMEBODY COMPARED ME TO MOS DEF.. I WOULD SAY THANKS AND GO TO WORK MAKING BEATS AND RHYMING SO THAT I COULD ONE DAY BE BETTER THAN MOS DEF AND REDEEM MY IDENTITY...

I SEE THAT A LOT OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED HAD KOBE BEEN MORE HUMBLE ABOUT HIS NBA CAREER... THAT MEANS, SOMEWHERE IN HIS NBA CAREER IT BECAME MORE ABOUT THE FAME THAN IT WAS BASKETBALL...AND ONCE HE STEPPED OUT OF HIS ELEMENT, HE WAS EXPOSED....

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree that kobe broke the code of ethics and shoudn't have said anything about Shaq whether he was just scared or not. That was fucked up no doubt. But with Karl and his wife..... you must remember that Karl hasn't denied the incident. And it wasn't Kobe who called Malones wife. It was his wife that did the calling.

Alot of this shit that Kobe is going through is media related. Kobe never said that h didn't want Karl to come back, he just stated that he needed to make a descision on whether he was going to come back. The Lakers were holding a guarenteed offer for him. If you remember the first artilce that came out on ESPN, Karls agent stated that Karl is 100% healthy! If his ass is healthy 100% then why isn't he playing. If not for the Lakers, then someone else. I believe that Karl was unsure if he wanted to play due to he may not be able to play as he once did.

Overall Kobe fucked up by breaking code! I really don't see much more than that.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
name me one great player who wasnt cocky?

isaiah, mike, russell, magic, nique, karl, chuck..... they all had ther hangups.

like it or not, kobe belongs in their company.

members online