What's the worst thing that's happened to you in the studio?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Me it was at home where I was changing some wires and put them on the wrong way. Ended up with this massive feedback loop (which freaked me out) that only turning the power bar off could fix....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
9 out of 10 times when Buku walks in something goes wrong with the mic or computer or something. Seriously.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
A rapper smoked crack outside the studio. Had then had a fit and proceeded to spill beer on my board. Threatened me with physical assault and attempted to intimidate me by telling me he would stalk and kill me, which could have happened since he was a legit gangster.

Kicked the MF'er out quick and didn't return any phone calls. Crack kills.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ god still exists :) wb

Nothing really worse, we had a fun job sorta promotional thing, record and mix 24 bands in 24hrs. Ofc 2 cabinets spit out the fuses during that time and all bands use guitars... but i fixed it with tinfoil lol.

Hmm break in, junky thieves ran off with B&W speakers which we found again outside.

Awkward moment with a female songwriter client on the subject of odd but nice musical toyboxes etc. I was assured i'd always be welcome to play with her toybox. In dutch that pretty much means the same as fondling with her vagina and she realised like a minute later...i didnt give an inch of a smile... untill she left lol

Awkward moment with a female songwriter client on the subject of odd but nice musical toyboxes etc. I was assured i'd always be welcome to play with her toybox. In dutch that pretty much means the same as fondling with her vagina and she realised like a minute later...i didnt give an inch of a smile... untill she left lol

playing with a womans toybox has the same meaning in english. lol

as for studio horror stories i dont have any yet. oh the other day I was working on some beats and right before my eyes every beat in my beats folder just disappeared. Luckily I backed up a few weeks ago, still lost a few hours work though. also dropped my backup harddrive a few weeks ago after backing up, i just hope the thing works, cos if it dont, my music career is finished. Im scared to find out. yeah thats pretty horrific, the more I think about it.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A rapper smoked crack outside the studio. Had then had a fit and proceeded to spill beer on my board. Threatened me with physical assault and attempted to intimidate me by telling me he would stalk and kill me, which could have happened since he was a legit gangster.

Kicked the MF'er out quick and didn't return any phone calls. Crack kills.
Lol, sounds similar to a big rapper here in Atlanta who, when I was doing my first internship, spilled ciroc and juice into the master section of the SSL.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Happened Saturday. get my setup in the new house up and together. Hook up my mixer and monitors,,,get sound,,,now my hard drive sounds like it is on its way out. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
aw

Risk

Lake City Productions
Hmm..Honestly, I think the worst thing that's ever happen to me, was about 2 months ago in my boys studio..we got a bit too high & drunk and one of the boys spilled an entire 22oz on my boys laptop.

well the good news is that my backup hard disk is working, the bad news is that my "working directory" on the studio pc has packed up.....And I didnt back up a lot of work on there. I lost all my newest dnb tracks, all the original reason files for all the work Ive done at the studio, I did back up all the mixing sessions so at least have those. But I have lost quite a lot of work.
The fact that my backup drive is working makes it a hit I can take.
Word of the day "Bakdafukup"

A couple weeks ago one of the other producers at the studio was eating saveloy and chips, and another guy passed through. The other producer said to this other guy.."Do you know anything about sausage?" at which point I started pissing myself laughing, thinking that that sounded like "Do you know anything about cock?" even though I knew what he meant(yes Im still a childish boy at heart), I thought it sounded like a really gay thing to say to a dread or any other bloke for that matter.
Because I really cracked up laughing(my cheeks were hurting), the dread thought there was some inside joke going on and got really offended about having a bit of pork saveloy waved in his face.
He left and we thought that was the end of it. But after about 10 mins he came back and wanted to fight the other producer, thinking he was dissing him. It got way out of hand and we had to get in between the dread and the producer to stop a fight kicking off. We managed to explain it was a misunderstanding and the guy left again.

I think its one of those stories that you had to be there.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
Erased my backup drive to offload a raid drive to format it for Mac, went into the studio and started working on a beat, and my studio hard drive failed.

members online