What gear is everybody rocking?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
ooo Dprezd bringin that hate speech! :woot:
Yeeee, sometimes even I have my bright moments.

Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

Declik

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 60
Here's my home studio set up :

Mac Book Pro 2014 with Big Sur
Several SSD HD connected .
Logic Pro X 10.7.4 with tons of plugins from many manufacturers .

UAD Apollo Twin + Octo Satellite thunderbolt with several plugins

1 Waldorf Pulse ( Synth )

1 midi controller Alesis V49
1 MP MIDI controller

Barefoot FP01 monitors

El Guapo

Battle Points: 3
What up fam, heres what Im rockin

HP Envy Laptop

Beyerdynamic DT 880 & AKG 240 cans
Event 20/20 V1 monitors

UA Volt 46 something
Sapphire Pro 40

Nektar P6 keyboard/controller
M-Audio Keystation 88 keyboard

Reasons, Studio One, Serato

Waves, Ozone, EastWest, etc

And so much old school hardware just collecting dust

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
My setup started as a "cheap" way to play to my strengths and style at the time.
This was focused on Maschine (sampling and playing pads) and Guitar (what I would consider my primary instrument).

It's since evolved and I'm starting to incorporate synths and controllers.

Computer:
2015 Mac Book Pro (2016)
2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Controllers:
Maschine Mikro mk3
NI M32 Keyboard
Novation Launchpad Mini (mk3??)

Synths/Hardware:
Roland TB-03
Roland JU-06A (just bought a couple days ago!)
Korg MicroKorg
Akai MPC 1000

Audio:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen
Sennheiser HD 600 (gift from a client in the music biz)

Software/Daw:
Maschine
Logic Pro
Audacity (for converting MP3 to WAV - Maschine only supports wave files)
XLD (for batch dithering samples - MPC 1000 only supports 12 bit sample rate)

Guitars/basses are a mix of cheap/used/knock-off pieces - both electric and acoustic

GoodShot

I use FL studio.
I bought serum ages ago, I just treated myself to omnisphere it was my birthday. I still find serum easier to manipulate but omnisphere has a lot of good presets.

I have some east west instruments. I bought gypsy, rock guitars, piano and voices of soul.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Yep, that's the DS330. I call my DS330 and DR660 the "wonder twins" 'cause Roland decided to use the same tabletop case for both units (as well as the Sound Canvas SC-33 which the DS330 is based on). I used to make beats on the DS330 back around '95-96 along with Power Tracks Pro 3.0 on a 486SX-25. PT3.0 allowed you to load and trigger a single sample at a time back then, so I used it as a sampler and the DS330 for the rest of my tracks, but I always wanted a DR660 to go with it but couldn't afford one back then. Earlier this year, I finally bought both of them.

View attachment 6133
My local pawn shop had a 660 a few years back. Regret not picking it up. Love that you have them both!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@BiggChev how ya like that Microkorg? I wanted the Platinum edition of it at one point but never did nor could get it :(

BiggChev

ILLIEN
@BiggChev how ya like that Microkorg? I wanted the Platinum edition of it at one point but never did nor could get it :(
I like the build quality and connectivity.

My particular unit is over 10 years old (bought used from first owner) and feels solid with no evidence of excessive wear.

It has MIDI In/Out/Thru which is great for adding into a chain of hardware and by virtue or being "pre-USB" it's incredibly easy to setup and use (setting channels and global MIDI etc.)

I will say, that any time away from this machine will prove to a recurring and mounting learning curve. While the matrix editor is wildly customizable, the lack of display screen or USB connectivity means that there is A LOT of "menu diving" that requires of higher level of learning/re-learning.

It's certainly not a device you can tuck away and dust off easily. The patch initializing/editing/saving is a unique process that (from my experience) is not similar to other devices.

The MicroKorg itself sounds AMAZING! Whenever I patch it into a track, I'm amazed by the richness and phat-ness of the sound. There are some immediate controls that allow for quick, spontaneous, and emotional automation...however there is this weird re-setting to default settings I haven't been able to work around. Ultimately, I can edit/tweak a patch, but once I bounce out of edit mode, I lose all those adjustments.

Conclusion, it's a great box. If you are a DAW based/Computer music maker...look into the MicroKorg XL.

JGrizz410

Battle Points: 49
What's good everyone...

My computer is a Mac I forgot how much space I have in it. I also have a Lacie 2tb hard drive. I also use the mashine Mk3 and Mashine daw. Monitors I have the JBL 5. Last I use far as keys is the akai mpk mini.

JustIn Flow

ILLIEN
A slightly older, but still powerful PC with a large 32" 21:9 monitor and an Akai MPK249 DAW controller to control FL Studio.
Superlux HD668B headphones (very cheap but great linear sound) and Presonus Eris E3.5.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
Computer:
PC with 2 Lenovo Monitors
i7 core processor
64 Bit Operating System

Controllers:
Oxygen Pro 61

Synths/Hardware:
Roland FA-08
Roland JD-Xi
Akai MPC One
Roland SP404 MK II
Audio-Technica Turntable
Pioneer DJ XDJ700 + Behringer Mixer

Audio:
Allen and Heath QU-16

Software/Daw:

Cubase
FL Studio
Reason

Other Instruments
Upright Piano, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Ukulele, Mandolin, Glockenspiel, Tambourine, Shaker

Last edited:

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Computer:
PC with 2 Lenovo Monitors
i7 core processor
64 Bit Operating System

Controllers:
Oxygen Pro 61

Synths/Hardware:
Roland FA-08
Roland JD-Xi
Akai MPC One
Roland SP404 MK II
Audio-Technica Turntable
Pioneer DJ XDJ700 + Behringer Mixer

Audio:
Allen and Heath QU-16

Software/Daw:

Cubase
FL Studio
Reason

Other Instruments
Upright Piano, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Ukulele, Mandolin, Glockenspiel, Tambourine, Shaker
Which version of Cubase are you using?

I always loved it as a DAW. My high school had a MIDI studio that ran VST 32. I started on 3 then SX.

I know Cubase/Steinberg had some dark days, but it really looks like a great platform now. I went with Logic due to the integration with Mac and the price.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
Which version of Cubase are you using?

I always loved it as a DAW. My high school had a MIDI studio that ran VST 32. I started on 3 then SX.

I know Cubase/Steinberg had some dark days, but it really looks like a great platform now. I went with Logic due to the integration with Mac and the price.
I'm currently using Cubase 12. It was my first DAW after I bought a Steinberg audio interface when I was out of college back in 2016. It was Cubase 9 at the time but I didn't like it a first because it relied on iLok to start. I had lots of issues with that and couldn't get into Cubase if iLok wasn't working. Even their help center was useless in fixing it so I dropped it for a bit and went to Reason and FL Studio. Years later when they came out with 11, it was advertise that they would do away with relying on iLok and they had lots of new extensions. So I decided to get into my old account in Steinberg and redownload it to upgrade from elements 9 to artist 11 and now 12.

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Battle Points: 1
MPC One
MPC 2500
SP 404 MK2
PO33 KO!
MPK Mini 3

Serato Studio, FL Studio, MPC Beats, Adobe Audition. I started on FL but no longer use it. Serato I only use for stem separation. MPC Beats I have, but don't use... Audition I use the old version 1.5 to track and mix vocals since 2002 lol I have version 3.0 as well (also an lol) but I like the 1.5 better.

For monitors KRK Rokit 5 gen 4's. Have two big oldschool Fisher speakers as well I mainly use to listen to records. Got an Audio Technica LP60X turntable as well.

Two AKG condenser XLR mics and two USB condensers (M-Audio & Samson). Sony MDR headphones.

That's pretty much itttt...

members online