Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 100

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Made some additions to the setup since the last time I posted:

I fried the shit out of my Mackie CR3 tweeters doing something stupid, so I ended up copping a pair of Presonus Eris 3.5's, then about a month later I added the Presonus Sub 8.
Got a Roland SP404A, then found a conductor's stand at Goodwill for a few bucks so now the SP and my Trigger Finger sit on it.
Copped a Yamaha MU50 'cause I always wanted one (I used to sell 'em and there's some interesting shit you can do if you deep dive into it)
Because of the last two, I ran out of audio channels, so I picked up a Behringer Xenyx X2222 22 channel mixer as a sub mixer and now the SP, MU50, and DS330 run through it.
Last week I realized I needed more MIDI ports, so I copped an M-Audio MIDISport 4x4 interface, which I still have to hook up.
I also upgraded my display monitors, These Dell's are 16:10 aspect joints at 1920x1200 each.

lab_march.jpg

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Made some additions to the setup since the last time I posted:

I fried the shit out of my Mackie CR3 tweeters doing something stupid, so I ended up copping a pair of Presonus Eris 3.5's, then about a month later I added the Presonus Sub 8.
Got a Roland SP404A, then found a conductor's stand at Goodwill for a few bucks so now the SP and my Trigger Finger sit on it.
Copped a Yamaha MU50 'cause I always wanted one (I used to sell 'em and there's some interesting shit you can do if you deep dive into it)
Because of the last two, I ran out of audio channels, so I picked up a Behringer Xenyx X2222 22 channel mixer as a sub mixer and now the SP, MU50, and DS330 run through it.
Last week I realized I needed more MIDI ports, so I copped an M-Audio MIDISport 4x4 interface, which I still have to hook up.
I also upgraded my display monitors, These Dell's are 16:10 aspect joints at 1920x1200 each.
Nice set up you got there. How do you like the presonus sub? I have the e5xt's and I find them a bit lacking in the lower register and I was considering buying something to fill out the sound. Probably not gonna pick anything any time soon, i don't really have the space, or the cash to be spending on gear. More just curious.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nice set up you got there. How do you like the presonus sub? I have the e5xt's and I find them a bit lacking in the lower register and I was considering buying something to fill out the sound. Probably not gonna pick anything any time soon, i don't really have the space, or the cash to be spending on gear. More just curious.

Once I got the sub integrated sound-wise, I'm happy with it. The sub provided a very needed sonic anchor, it just took some time and a lot of listening to stuff through it to get it dialed in just right.

I have a newer pair of Mackie CR3's that I got to replace the pair with the blown tweeters and I'm considering picking up the Mackie sub to go with those even though I only use them as PC speakers. It just makes a huge difference.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
All, lol. Take your time
Well here you go

I have added an octatrack and RYTM, an MPC 2500 since too.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Waiting on a Yamaha QY100 to get here. Saw it in a shop while I was at home in MI last week and meant to go back to get it (shit was only $199). Called 'em up and now it's being shipped out to me.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
:::Mine:::
Cheap (Refurbished Dell Laptop) --- Still has a CD Player type of old
w/ 1 TB of internal SSD space
1 TB Samsung External SSD Drive
Daw: FL Studio
VSTs: Initial Audio Heat3, Omnishere, Output, Unison Drummer, etc... (Make most of my latest music mostly in Machine)
Hardware: Machine MK3
Speakers: Cheap Sony Headphones (About $20)

Disclaimer: Just bought a new home so could definitely use some suggestions for a better setup including producer desk, chair and speakers...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My first sequencer was a QY10 that’s wild you are getting this.

My first keyboard controller was a Novation MM10x, copped back in '94 or '95. The unique thing about them for that era was that it had a slot on it so you can sit a QY10 in it. Needed an adapter plate for the QY20 or my MU5 I had back then but those worked as well.

s-l1600-3.jpg

I guess you could call it a precursor to the Roland K25m or any of those controllers that have an ipad/iphone slot on them.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Damn @konceptG I would've been making music back then when that Novation came out, I ain't think learning to make music was accessible at the time you copped that as (depending on month of the years you stated when you bought it, please do tell!) I was between 11-13.

crysis

ill o.g.
Computer: 2021 Macbook pro with m1 chip 1 tb ssd 16 gb ram 10 tb external ssd array
DAWs: ableton live 10 and logic pro x
interface: presonus studio live 16.0.2 fire wire mixer
Monitors : Yamaha hs 5
midi controllers: Maschine Studio , 25 key novation launchkey, roli seaboard block, roli lightpad block, ipad running logic control or touchable , and m-audio keystation 61