What beat inspired you to become a producer/beatmaker?

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For me, it was Gangsta's Paradise. When I first heard that beat I was confused cuz I knew I had heard that string sequence before, but I didnt pay it any mind. Later on I found out where I heard those strings from, it was from a Stevie Wonder song my moms used to always play on the SL1200MK2s(my moms so cool:D). I was so amazed after my little discovery and started to study 70s soul music and noticed how much of those songs had been used in modern Hip Hop beats. Later on I found out about sampling and started studying the art of sampling. Now I love sampling and Im gonna be copping an ASR-10 as my first real sampler!

So what beat inspired you?

ill o.g.
Thug Muzik - Mobb Deep
Last Day - BIG
GODfather ptIII - Mobb Deep

After i got life after death, i started lookin into gettin some real equipment.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the roots. scott storch's "You Got Me" was hip hop the way i always wanted to hear it. to me, its the perfect beat.

ill o.g.
aquemini was amazing to me, but it never made me wanna make beats. i listen that album and it makes me feel like "Damn, ill never be that good"

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
hmm theres many, just a few:

2pac (Dre) - Cali Love
Nas (Preemo) - Nas Is Like
Mobb Deep - Survival Of The Fittest
Dead Prez's beats

but most of all i gotta say:

Jay-Z (Just Blaze) - Hovi Baby, unbelievable beat just play it loud and u will feel it.

sAfE.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
well after watchin juice i wanted to dj so then i got into lookin at gear and shit and i wanted to make music but when the bug really bit me was when i heard that beat by missy elliot hot that was the shit

also andre 3000 that nigga is the shit i love his music

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
theres no song in particular that inspired me. I know that when i start trying to make hiphop beat, i wanted to create "south music" because for me their drums was crazy. In fact, Sygma and Deca were the people who influenced me to produce. Ill never forget that.

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
theres no song in particular that inspired me. I know that when i start trying to make hiphop beat, i wanted to create "south music" because for me their drums was crazy. In fact, Sygma and Deca were the people who influenced me to produce. Ill never forget that.
Some day I hope to marry a girl like you.:D

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
The outraegeous price this producer charged me for a beat is what inspired me to become a producer. I was known spittin mean 16's, but I feel staying behind the boards, and using my lyrical ability to write songs and hooks will grant me more longevity than being an artist. As a rapper you can only go so far, for every successful rapper, there are 200 hopefuls, and plus I ain't never get shot--so I don't have much of a chance!!!

DJ Premier, Quincy Jones, and Butch Vig are probably my all-time favorite producers,
but I have never wanted to emulate their styles because I feel that their respective styles are one of a kind. If anything I would like to maintain their consistency and timelessness that they give to their projects. Peeeace.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Cold Truth said:
the roots. scott storch's "You Got Me" was hip hop the way i always wanted to hear it. to me, its the perfect beat.

soooooooo true!

But, for me, it was just a fun experiment at first... my lil bro had it on the computer so I played with it... that's it!