What are the best Hip Hop Drum Kits?

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
NORTH said:
What about the Native Instruments progs? Anyone using Kontact, Battery, or any NI shit for modifying drum sound, and building kits? Please share your thoughts on what is best and why.

-NORTH

i do i use the whole native instruments line.. when im working with my multitrack

Kontakt is a monster when it comes to tweaking and multisampling Instruments

battery is the same way but alittle made for drums and shit kinda like an Mpc i say this because the way the interface looks and its capablity

As far as best ways... i cant pin point a best way to go about tweaking arranging and building kits.. because everyone builds according to teh sound they are striving to get..

I mean its really simple.. take a Sampler load your sounds into them and layer them to ur likings.. then save them as a Set/ patch or whatever

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i've noticed a bit of an attitude on this forum thinking it's all cool to sample hip hop i.e gank other producers drums.... not trying to sound like your dad or nothing but THAT IS WRONG shit why not just give up on production and start jacking for beats

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
2_nice said:
i've noticed a bit of an attitude on this forum thinking it's all cool to sample hip hop i.e gank other producers drums.... not trying to sound like your dad or nothing but THAT IS WRONG shit why not just give up on production and start jacking for beats

thats all sampling is .. Sampling is a just a Sugar coated word for it.. whats the diff between Sampling.. Drums off a Marvin Gay record andSampling drums off a timbo Record..

you doin the same thing.. Sampling..borrowing ..using.. Jacking.. (whatever u like to call it)
someone elses Material...

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
thats all sampling is .. Sampling is a just a Sugar coated word for it.. whats the diff between Sampling.. Drums off a Marvin Gay record andSampling drums off a timbo Record..

you doin the same thing.. Sampling..borrowing ..using.. Jacking.. (whatever u like to call it)
someone elses Material...

I use to feel bad about sampling kits from other producers. I got over it though. I also have resampled my drum tracks after an engineer has tweeked them when I was in the studio. You got all the correct compression, eq and everything, perfect drum kit.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
don't take shorts....... damn you can say you think it is alright but that is just you telling yourself that..... i wouldn't want someone jacking my kits

members online