Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
clown shoes.

Padrino Stackz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
lol straight nonsense. lol @ univerSOUL circus.. thats exactly what it is. whats next a segway on 26" spinners? lol

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I guess we should go back to the days when you had to go through a metal detector to go to a hip hop show.. Go back to 500 people rooms instead of stadiums, no hip hop in clubs ( even though now its mostly house music anyway). Go back to a day that hip hop had a reputation for being violent..

Just saying.. music evolves..

There is about 50 types of diffeent rock n roll. Rock and roll used to be one thing now its evoolved into hard rock, heavy metal, death metal, punk rock, emo rock, alternative , grundge and the list goes on...

Now we have different types of rap music.
PS Im not a tpain fan

Just a thought

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I guess we should go back to the days when you had to go through a metal detector to go to a hip hop show.. Go back to 500 people rooms instead of stadiums, no hip hop in clubs ( even though now its mostly house music anyway). Go back to a day that hip hop had a reputation for being violent..

Just saying.. music evolves..

There is about 50 types of diffeent rock n roll. Rock and roll used to be one thing now its evoolved into hard rock, heavy metal, death metal, punk rock, emo rock, alternative , grundge and the list goes on...

Now we have different types of rap music.
PS Im not a tpain fan

Just a thought

That's the thing....violent hip-hop has cost the lives of some of the most talented artists of all time.....with biggie/big L/pac

I think with the deaths of those artists has changed the genre/culture regarding the violent nature of the genre....which is why it's so fucking gay in some instances......

Mainstream hip-hop was raw....it was awesome...it painted pictures of what life was really like......even some of the bling lyrics had the grittyness and raw feeling to it...

Now it's all flowers and candy...and it's disturbing....but it is what it is.....R&B is now becoming a slower version of rapping about bitches and hoes and fucking a bitch from behind......mainstream R&B back in my time was boyz II Men..... Dru Hill.....Shai.....LSG, and them individually....Luther.....luther...luther....lol.

It's shitty to see that the music isn't what's felt, anymore...

That's why when I do a track...I feel it..I don't just throw some shit because it will sound hot....

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2

In my Flavor Flav voice, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I think im done with getting on my soapbox to voice whats wrong with Hip Hop. I say for now on just do you and make sure you live up to the standard of what you feel that Hip Hop is to YOU. A lot of us agree that a lot of the images and the quality of a lot of the music is on the same level of processed food and contaminated beverages. Plus Hip Hop as portrayed now, at least the music side does not relate to the average class of people. IMO.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I have mixed feelings about this... on one hand I understand why these cats do what they do but on the other hand I look at it from the logical viewpoint. Whether or not we accept it, this picture can be viewed as degrading or cool. Some will see this as 'these cats have too much money', some will see it as some 'silly shit that makes no sense'. Obviously, a lot of people buy into their 'madness' or they wouldn't be doing it. These guys are viewed as role models (in a genre) but people forget that they are entertainers first. Some will see this picture, and go to their next concert just to see what else they do. I think most of us (here) have matured pass doing silly shit but the next gen is soaking it up and supporting it. It is what it is...

members online