The nail in Swizz's coffin

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
pshh doubt thats the final nail in his coffin. Just shows ya need to keep every beat ya make, and from the looks of things ya can prolly sell ya bare ass drum patterns too.

P

Protege

i dont think the beat was wack, b/c if it was, the people i see dancin to it in the clubs probably wouldnt be dancin to it. i think the fact that it is simple makes it seem wack

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
the beats isn't wack b/c it's simple. grindin' was simple beat and it wasn't wack at all. and the fact that people dance it in the club is no indication that you have a hot beat.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
e.porter said:
the beats isn't wack b/c it's simple. grindin' was simple beat and it wasn't wack at all. and the fact that people dance it in the club is no indication that you have a hot beat.

its not wack? what is it - a clap with a bit reverb and a whistle for the chorus? man what are your standards?

gridin was simple yeh but a helllllll of alot better than this. gridin actually thumped, this dont even have that thump.

sAfE.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Just proof that once you build a name for yourself in the game cats'll pay just to have a beat by you, and it won't matter so much how the shit sounds. that dude prolly made that beat on the fly in the studio with the young gunz.

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sounds like a soundclik reject, ive heard worst tho.... its not only the beat on this one tho the whole track is trash... im sure it'll be a hit.
"you aint just wack, your what wack wants to be when it grows up"Chino XL

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
but if you were in a similar situation would you sell the beat or say no thats too wack for me to sell??

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
its not wack? what is it - a clap with a bit reverb and a whistle for the chorus? man what are your standards?

gridin was simple yeh but a helllllll of alot better than this. gridin actually thumped, this dont even have that thump.

sAfE.

i said the swiss track was WACK! but not b/c it's simple. there are other reasons. and i said the beat grindin' was a GOOD track. don't twist my words, ok, thank you.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
BASTARD said:
damn i thought it was gunna beworse than that from what u made it sound like rhythmical. i dont think its a bad beat. just not a good one. its just a basic beat. hey if u can make a song out of a simple drum and clap like that, its skill, i guess

Just like B said, Not bad... just basic. I like the shit. I get tired of all the "bells and whistles" in today's music sometimes. It 's nice to put on a simple groove and some old school back and forth" rhyming.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
unholy crap!!!!!!!!

swizz beats????? wtf?????? this beats asks more questions than it answers and the question is why????? Tambourines???? this beat is poor mans crunk!!!!!!! dont they have quality control at these major labels or sumthing??? goddamn how this shit got into the studio i dont know...... why lord why

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
J Rilla said:
Talk about downhill...When that 808 came in I thought heat,but sadly i was mistaken....Swizz aint been that tight since Money, Cash, Hoes

WHAT THE HELL IS AN 808!! CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A CLEAR DEFINITION.

Back on topic, the beat isn't THAT WACK, it,s just that it,s following that wack ass "drum only and cheesy synth" trend. But this song compared to the Whisper Song by Ying Twins is a Mozart shit, cuz Whisper Song SUCK ASS REALLY BADLY MUCH

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
NOOOO Roc-a-Fella NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What the F*** where the Young Gunz thinking?

Simplicity is one thing, but if the drums are main instruments in the beat, PLEASE THICKEN UP THE PRECUSSION SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well....thats buisness.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
well an 808 is an old school drum machine and the foundation of alot of the best hip hop tracks ever created, in the right hands it can create devestatingly hot club tracks beacause of its phat kick drum and tight snare, listen to outkast and atlanta groups for the 808s contribution to their work also listen to lil jons tracks that are primarily 808 samples

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I have never liked Swizz. I remember those korny fuckin horns he used to use all of the time. He is wack personified IMO. Back when he first came out when one of us in our little crew would make a wack beat we would say, "Damn, that's a Swizz beat." I don't care that he makes money. That's not what this is about. The track is wack and so was "Grindin" even though I like the Neptunes. They can make some fire but Swizz ain't never made shit I would listen to. And that other tune Neptunes did for Snoop with the mouth sounds in it. Snoooooooooop! or whatever. That shit was retarded too.

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kaivai said:
unholy crap!!!!!!!!

this beat is poor mans crunk!!!!!!!

LMAO, tru tru, ive never liked swizz either except a couple of beats here and there and it pissed me off when the source called money cash hoes the greatest beat of all time..... im still puzzled about that one.

aklaim

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dj360_iNfInItE1 said:
And that other tune Neptunes did for Snoop with the mouth sounds in it. Snoooooooooop! or whatever. That shit was retarded too.

Damn man. While "Drop It" got worn the fuck out, that beat is one of the more creative and crazy beats to come out in awhile. Just my two cents. That shouldn't even be compared to swizz.
-b blizzle

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i wouldn't really call the beat old skool, i can't see swizz setting out to make an old skool feeling beat and making that i think thats giving him too much credit, he woz probably listening to drop it like its hot and tried to copy it just like he did with the casio preset !