ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Pimp C
© AP
Pimp C
Pimp C's Death Ruled Accidental Overdose
Feb. 4, 2008, 11:04 PM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Influential Southern rapper Pimp C died of an accidental overdose of a combination of drugs he had named in his lyrics — codeine and promethazine, the county coroner's office ruled Monday.

The drugs are key ingredients in "syrup," a narcotic of choice in Southern rap circles that was most famously celebrated by Three 6 Mafia and Pimp C's group Underground Kingz in the 2000 single "Sippin' on some Syrup."

The coroner's office said Pimp C had sleep apnea, which causes people to stop breathing for up to 30 seconds at a time while sleeping. That illness combined with large amounts of prescription-strengt h cough syrup is what killed the rapper, coroner's Capt. Ed Winter said.

DJ Screw, another influential figure in the Texas hip-hop scene, died of a heart attack in 2000 after a reported overdose of codeine-laced cough syrup.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Bun B wrote:

"We are deeply saddened to see false rumors run rampant that Pimp C had overdosed on perscription medication! The Los Angeles Coroner confirmed that medication Chad took for Sleep Apnea conflicted with his prescribed cough syrup and that he did not pass away due to an over dose! So please, do not lets this mans name tarnish over false information!

To stay posted on more up to date news concerning the passing of our friend and legend, please visit http://www.trillpromotions.com for information.

Thank you all for your support!

REST IN PEACE CHAD "PIMP C" BUTLER!!! UGK RECORDS 4 LIFE!!!!"

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Bun B wrote:

"We are deeply saddened to see false rumors run rampant that Pimp C had overdosed on perscription medication! The Los Angeles Coroner confirmed that medication Chad took for Sleep Apnea conflicted with his prescribed cough syrup and that he did not pass away due to an over dose! So please, do not lets this mans name tarnish over false information!

To stay posted on more up to date news concerning the passing of our friend and legend, please visit http://www.trillpromotions.com for information.

Thank you all for your support!

REST IN PEACE CHAD "PIMP C" BUTLER!!! UGK RECORDS 4 LIFE!!!!"

This is no conspiracy. The Coroner has absolutely no reason to put out false info. about this mans death. I hope Bun B and Pimp C's people aren't going to try to cover this up for memory or moneys sake. Kids need to know this bullshit "cough syrup" cocktail can and will take you out game and if you already have preexisting health problems it's increases your chances of death by 10.

I myself have sleep apnea and sleeping is task! Sleeping pills and cough syrup are not the things you need to be taking to combat it though. You already periodically stop breathing while sleep. During my sleep study I think I stopped breathing over 80 times in one hour. It's a serious strain on your heart. A (C-pap) machine or surgery are the only things that can help consistantly. The apnae is caused when a pallet that freely moves while you're breathing falls over your airway. The C-pap machine forces air in constantly which doesn't allow the pallet to cover that airway. Surgery can reduce the size of it which will keep it from covering your airway as well. Football players have this condition allot because of having big necks. Excessive weight training and football definitely caused my problem with it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
This is no conspiracy. The Coroner has absolutely no reason to put out false info. about this mans death. I hope Bun B and Pimp C's people aren't going to try to cover this up for memory or moneys sake. Kids need to know this bullshit "cough syrup" cocktail can and will take you out game and if you already have preexisting health problems it's increases your chances of death by 10.

I myself have sleep apnea and sleeping is task! Sleeping pills and cough syrup are not the things you need to be taking to combat it though. You already periodically stop breathing while sleep. During my sleep study I think I stopped breathing over 80 times in one hour. It's a serious strain on your heart. A (C-pap) machine or surgery are the only things that can help consistantly. The apnae is caused when a pallet that freely moves while you're breathing falls over your airway. The C-pap machine forces air in constantly which doesn't allow the pallet to cover that airway. Surgery can reduce the size of it which will keep it from covering your airway as well. Football players have this condition allot because of having big necks. Excessive weight training and football definitely caused my problem with it.

I think I got that shit too, I got to go get checked out..
Excessive drinkin and eating bs has prolly caused it! My Nick Git Beeg!
But I remember that happinin as far back as when I was 16.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I think I got that shit too, I got to go get checked out..
Excessive drinkin and eating bs has prolly caused it! My Nick Git Beeg!
But I remember that happinin as far back as when I was 16.

Get a sleep study done...it'll tell u. Not being able to sleep at all on your back is the number one indicator of sleep apnea. Your natural body defense will kick in and wake you up but more than likely your heart rate will be through the roof! That's why taking anything (including alcohol) to stay asleep is a death trap for some one with apnea. You need that final alert system to wake up. Doing any kind of depressants slows that alert process way down. No oxygen in time = death!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Get a sleep study done...it'll tell u. Not being able to sleep at all on your back is the number one indicator of sleep apnea. Your natural body defense will kick in and wake you up but more than likely your heart rate will be through the roof! That's why taking anything (including alcohol) to stay asleep is a death trap for some one with apnea. You need that final alert system to wake up. Doing any kind of depressants slows that alert process way down. No oxygen in time = death!
word...and to add, it's not "more sleep" that'll solve the problem but a "more restful" sleep that should be the goal. because your oxygen intake drops when sleep, when you have sleep apnea, you'll never feel completely rested and energized like you should. you can sleep 10 hours and wake up and still feel like as if you didn't get enough sleep, where's the average person who doesn't suffer from sleep apnea would feel refreshed after just 5 hours of sleep. instead of alcohol(or lean..he's known for drinkin lean and poppin pills), he shoulda got a c-pap machine. i know he could afford one. several things could cause sleep apnea, but knowing that Pimp was a heavyset dude, his weight was a contributing factor to his condition.

this is coming from someone who's had sleep apnea, i've done the sleep study and all that.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
word...and to add, it's not "more sleep" that'll solve the problem but a "more restful" sleep that should be the goal. because your oxygen intake drops when sleep, when you have sleep apnea, you'll never feel completely rested and energized like you should. you can sleep 10 hours and wake up and still feel like as if you didn't get enough sleep, where's the average person who doesn't suffer from sleep apnea would feel refreshed after just 5 hours of sleep. instead of alcohol(or lean..he's known for drinkin lean and poppin pills), he shoulda got a c-pap machine. i know he could afford one. several things could cause sleep apnea, but knowing that Pimp was a heavyset dude, his weight was a contributing factor to his condition.

this is coming from someone who's had sleep apnea, i've done the sleep study and all that.

Yes sir! and getting use to that damn c-pap machine is HARRRRRRRD! I use mine like every other night...I at least get some decent sleep when I need it because I have it at my bedside. I can sleep on my back with no problems with it..something I never did in my adult life before it. Before it, I swear I had never gotten 6 or more hours of straight sleep in my adult life, that I could remember anyway! You never know what you're missing (in this case) until you experience it!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
fortunately i didn't have to use the c-pap, it was considered at one point. i believe my issue is tied to enlarged adenoids in my sinuses, amongst other things. i need to look into having an x-ray done to see if they're still enlarged and need to be removed. that damn sleep study sucked. truth be told i really didn't sleep with all them wires and waste harness and shit. all that aside, it is worthwhile to get checked out if u suffer from intermittent breathing in your sleep (if someone can confirm that you do indeed snore..LOUD..and at times actually stop breathing)

if i recall, when Screw died, they also downplayed his passing with the mention he had a heart attack. dude was only 29 when he died. 29 and having a fatal heart attack?..unusual. Screw was real big on "lean" also. if you look at old footage from back then and u seen'em with all them damn styrofoam cups, one could safely assume what they were drinknin'.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LDB word up on the thread. It's been very informative to me. I never sleep straight through the night and sometimes wake up randomly breathing heavily like I just came up out of water fighting for oxygen. I also find myself always tired or exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. I can sleep 10 straight hours and wake up still feeling straight exhausted. I'm going to see my doctor pronto.

I don't know if I stop breathing, but according to friends and family I snore like a jet engine.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
LDB word up on the thread. It's been very informative to me. I never sleep straight through the night and sometimes wake up randomly breathing heavily like I just came up out of water fighting for oxygen. I also find myself always tired or exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. I can sleep 10 straight hours and wake up still feeling straight exhausted. I'm going to see my doctor pronto.

I don't know if I stop breathing, but according to friends and family I snore like a jet engine.

baby boy..with out a doubt if your snoring is extreme you have sleep apnae. That pallet or the adenoids in your nose is what causes the snoring sound. I like you most times never feel rested completely. I was so use to it that I thought it was normal. If it's your adenoids they'll either give you something to strink them or remove them if necessary. Either way if you have insurance get the sleep study myth.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sounds like you suffer from sleep apnea Myth. LDB's advise is the truth. i still call the hogs (snore..loud). have your friend ever notice when you do snore you'll stop all of sudden and get quite...then take a big gasp of air or snore as if you're chokin (multiple short snores i guess)? if so, then you stopped breathing in your sleep, intermittent breathing. get it checked out.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not being able to sleep at all on your back is the number one indicator of sleep apnea.

U serious?
Fuck. I find it very very hard to fall asleep on my back. I can't sleep on my back for 99% of the time.
Even after sleeping for like 10-11 hours on my holidays, I wake up and have no energy. I can barely form a fist with my hands.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
U serious?
Fuck. I find it very very hard to fall asleep on my back. I can't sleep on my back for 99% of the time.
Even after sleeping for like 10-11 hours on my holidays, I wake up and have no energy. I can barely form a fist with my hands.

WOW... dude go see a doctor or somthing about that. It doesnt sound healthy.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
U serious?

That sounds like your o2 (oxygen) levels dropped or you have circulation problems! When that happens your blood tends to not flow so well to your extremities and stays closer to your heart and torso. This can be a sign that you periodically stop breathing while sleep which maybe apnea or that you have an underlying heart condition. I'd definitely bring it up at your next doctors appointment. Explain everything in detail...that's definitely not the time to "man up" and hold shit back. Good luck!

members online