Showcase - October 5-11, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
I like your beats fam, but they do sound a lil busy, especially with the vinyl sound with it.. I would like to hear some more of your stuff, keep working bro

lO

Lot's of potential here homie. your technique is good, but your sounds need major help. It's alot of free fl studio vst and drum kits out there. Google it, go back and touch up this track

Sure, but some of the free vst's aren't really good. I downloaded a vst but it turned out to be crap. So now I just try to make do with what I have.

Battle Points: 1
@TheRealAGE - Dope beat bro, cool vibes I dig your style. Always looking out for what you drop next. You really have the hip hop sound down man, I could really see cole or one of the pro era or TDE cats ripping this. I don't really have any suggestions for improvements pretty chill production fam. And ive been trying to get my youtube game right how the hell do you make those audio visual videos for your youtube? Is that Adobe after effects? I downloaded some templates opened it up and didnt know what the hell I was doing lmao

@NatureRok - the rest of em still arent playing but I got the Masin-re to play. Another chill production, I know its not finished but I was waiting for a breakdown a really dope bridge or something ya know.

@blvdbeatsdotcom - This one is cool too, 808's need a lil more juice for future lol! specially during the verse, it sounds fine but I was just expecting the kick to hit a lil harder. Could use a lead or some kind of pluck just to add some variation or texture but thats my opinion. Nice production

Last edited:

TheRealAGE

yoooo. appreciate it man. thank you. and yea i do it with after effects. just takes a bit to get used to the layout. but once you get passed the first learning curve its pretty smooth just like anything else.

@TheRealAGE - Dope beat bro, cool vibes I dig your style. Always looking out for what you drop next. You really have the hip hop sound down man, I could really see cole or one of the pro era or TDE cats ripping this. I don't really have any suggestions for improvements pretty chill production fam. And ive been trying to get my youtube game right how the hell do you make those audio visual videos for your youtube? Is that Adobe after effects? I downloaded some templates opened it up and didnt know what the hell I was doing lmao

@NatureRok - the rest of em still arent playing but I got the Masin-re to play. Another chill production, I know its not finished but I was waiting for a breakdown a really dope bridge or something ya know.

@blvdbeatsdotcom - This one is cool too, 808's need a lil more juice for future lol! specially during the verse, it sounds fine but I was just expecting the kick to hit a lil harder. Could use a lead or some kind of pluck just to add some variation or texture but thats my opinion. Nice production

NatureRok

ILLIEN

@King Drew ..much love on the listen homie.. appreciate the feedback.. trust i got one for it also

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I finally got around to doing something but my stupid ass forgot to turn the bass down a bit before I scratched over my beat!

Nothing here yet.

REVIEWS

@Zuance
cell no. 17: I like the tune, really smooth. The drums and bongos threw me off, but I get where you're going with it. If you tightened them up it would be great.
vinyl chops: This reminds me of some late 80's stuff! Or like a breakbeat. This is perfect for an MC.

@namesi
empyrean: Very dope drums, nice and tight. The melody is so smooth, although I would just lower the volume just a bit.

@Marc Duncan
never stop: Ah man, I love the beginning keys but not when the other part (xylophone?) comes in. I would remove that. Honestly, keep those main keys and put some hard drums over it like a breakbeat. That would open it up and maybe give you some other ideas.

@Frostythedroman
irate: This is some horror movie shit! I like the creepy music but I would change up those drums and keep that main creepy music then maybe throw some movie talking over it. Is this part of an album? Just curious.

@Chad
lifted: I really like the sample at the beginning. When you chop it up that's when I'm not feeling it. I would keep the main sample like the 12-13 second mark. Use that!

@KDVS
What style is this? The vocals always throw me off especially since I don't know WTF they're saying!

@blvdbeatsdotcom
go get it: Good drums. The main keys are dope but it's like I'm waiting for something else to come in. Maybe try adding a lead instrument on top.

@TheRealAGE
the season: Very smooth! Drums are tight and I like the guitar, that really sets the vibe. I would love to hear an MC over this.

@NatureRok
masin-re: That's a really good flip, I like it! That's what I imagined someone would do with that flip. The drums tie in nicely with the sample, same vibe.

@producedbyRiff
Very smooth beat, would love to hear vocals on top of this. The only thing that was a bit off was that piano part. Maybe it's just me but it sounded just slightly out of tune.

TheRealAGE

dope scatching!!

I finally got around to doing something but my stupid ass forgot to turn the bass down a bit before I scratched over my beat!

Nothing here yet.

REVIEWS

@Zuance
cell no. 17: I like the tune, really smooth. The drums and bongos threw me off, but I get where you're going with it. If you tightened them up it would be great.
vinyl chops: This reminds me of some late 80's stuff! Or like a breakbeat. This is perfect for an MC.

@namesi
empyrean: Very dope drums, nice and tight. The melody is so smooth, although I would just lower the volume just a bit.

@Marc Duncan
never stop: Ah man, I love the beginning keys but not when the other part (xylophone?) comes in. I would remove that. Honestly, keep those main keys and put some hard drums over it like a breakbeat. That would open it up and maybe give you some other ideas.

@Frostythedroman
irate: This is some horror movie shit! I like the creepy music but I would change up those drums and keep that main creepy music then maybe throw some movie talking over it. Is this part of an album? Just curious.

@Chad
lifted: I really like the sample at the beginning. When you chop it up that's when I'm not feeling it. I would keep the main sample like the 12-13 second mark. Use that!

@KDVS
What style is this? The vocals always throw me off especially since I don't know WTF they're saying!

@blvdbeatsdotcom
go get it: Good drums. The main keys are dope but it's like I'm waiting for something else to come in. Maybe try adding a lead instrument on top.

@TheRealAGE
the season: Very smooth! Drums are tight and I like the guitar, that really sets the vibe. I would love to hear an MC over this.

@NatureRok
masin-re: That's a really good flip, I like it! That's what I imagined someone would do with that flip. The drums tie in nicely with the sample, same vibe.

@producedbyRiff
Very smooth beat, would love to hear vocals on top of this. The only thing that was a bit off was that piano part. Maybe it's just me but it sounded just slightly out of tune.

I dropped my first complete project about a month ago. This is my favorite track on it.

Shit's tight, clean sounding. sounds stretched out a little though, in the sense that i was waiting for the change.

Nothing here yet.

REVIEWS

@Zuance

@namesi

@Marc Duncan

@Frostythedroman

@Chad

@KDVS

@blvdbeatsdotcom

@TheRealAGE

@NatureRok

@producedbyRiff

@Fade nahhhh, I'm just making weird shit on my cellphone. gonna make an album when i get some equipment.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
the beats are playing for me fellas.. did i do something wrong in the posting.. ? which beat was it.. the eglamour or the gigi masin flip?

try now and let me know if you all can hear them. i have them in mp3 and uploaded to host on this site as the instructions say.. let me know yo..

Nothing here yet.

Yooooooooooo, I'm really loving your sound fam! Now I don't feel so outta place on this site, which is how I was starting to feel, being surrounded by trap style beats. Your drum patterns and kits are on point. We need to collab on some beats yo!

Here's a lil som som I came up with:

Nothing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is dope

i love how choppy this is, and a lot of people are asking me about the drums, it is intentional

the drums are not "off" it is a stylistic choice, but thank you for the feedback
dope beat homie..

Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.
real funky East Coast vide on this trrack 2 thumbs+

the beats are playing for me fellas.. did i do something wrong in the posting.. ? which beat was it.. the eglamour or the gigi masin flip?

try now and let me know if you all can hear them. i have them in mp3 and uploaded to host on this site as the instructions say.. let me know yo..

Nothing here yet.
#oil base # dope Made me wanna get out my notebook. A-1 product.

Post your beats! And please provide feedback.

*Remember: give feedback, then post your beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Fade : Yo, the rules are simple, you need to give feedback to get it. .

To answer your question about my submission here and what style it is: its Zuance & KDVS style, always Hip Hop. Media and other people make the boxes, you choose. If you need to know the lyrics to give feedback it goes down something like this: Be creative its 2015, respect the 90`s, dont bite it, i still here boombap from you, wash your ears! something like that. :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@KDVS Of course. What I mean is that I was just curious as to what the beat was. Honestly, I didn't leave feedback because I was hoping to hear more, that's all. I like what you did though, I would have like to have heard more, like that bassline part. I'm just saying it's hard to leave feedback with a quick snippet plus vocals on top.

NunButIce

been sampling from vinyl

and

my latest beats, any feedback is welcome

cell no 17 was okay very different, i dont have much advice to give other than just perfect your sound. the vinyl chops was just a little repetitive.
I dropped my first complete project about a month ago. This is my favorite track on it.

dude this one is pretty sick, i agree with what most people i think said about it it just needs a little bridge or something to spice it up and keep listeners satisfied, not like im a know it all or anything im sure plenty of my own tracks need the same thing lbs good work man keep it up i'd like to collab if youre down!
Check out some frosty the dro man for your ears.

this is very interesting sounds idk what it feels like its missing tho maybe just vocals but very unique and clean mix
I liked how you sampled and chopped from eclectic sources. My only suggestion would be to make the drums be more in time on the first beat, it might just be my computer, but they sounded out of time with the chops. I thought both were very seamlessly chopped though, I could barely tell that they were chops, they sounded like sound collages. Good job.

The soundscape you were able to make with this composition made it very interesting, especially, how you varied instrumentation in order to highlight new sections of the composition. The mixing was also done really well, it sounds like something that would work well on a tv show.

Here is mine

duuuuude i wish we wouldve collab'd on this , the intro is pretty manageable to make a banger! the drop and such was just a little boring tbh...but keep up the work man!
Here is a snippet from mixtape in the works with @Zuance . Will leave feedback tomorrow.

I like your beats fam, but they do sound a lil busy, especially with the vinyl sound with it.. I would like to hear some more of your stuff, keep working bro

lO

Lot's of potential here homie. your technique is good, but your sounds need major help. It's alot of free fl studio vst and drum kits out there. Google it, go back and touch up this track

this is pretty solid overall, good job man.

Nothing here yet.
pretty nice man good work with the sample flip.

New beat. Early Mac Miller type one. Hope you like it!

► Subscribe

NICE! Good mix, does sound like a mac miller type beat for sure!

Nothing here yet.

REVIEWS

@Zuance

@namesi

@Marc Duncan

@Frostythedroman

@Chad

@KDVS

@blvdbeatsdotcom

@TheRealAGE

@NatureRok

@producedbyRiff

pretty solid scratching man, and a excellent phrase to top it off! a little off with the choppy but i assume thats how you wanted it, preferences cause differences i guess lol good stuff tho overall man!

@Fade really dope scratching man

Heres a new one im working on gonna upload tomorrow appreciate all feedback

Bro we really gotta cook something up together! I like your stuff you should send me a message so we can link ill follow your soundcloud as well i hear what you mean by you feeling alone with your trap beats. my beats arent necesarily trap but they different so i know how you feel hmu man!
Yooooooooooo, I'm really loving your sound fam! Now I don't feel so outta place on this site, which is how I was starting to feel, being surrounded by trap style beats. Your drum patterns and kits are on point. We need to collab on some beats yo!

Nothing here yet.
nice old school feel i hear a nas or a mos def on this

heres one of my latest works out of a very cohesive mixtape. also looking for collabs! hmu man im hungry!

@NunButIce yeah so far youre probably the closest to me as far as style goes. lol I can dig it I dont actually classify myself as a trap producer but thats what everyone calls me so its just easier haha

but dope beat fam, love the darkness in this track,Im all about that dark grungy vibe. Ive been making beats damn near all my life and have never collaborated on a beat lol but im game ill shoot you a message

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online