Showcase - October 5-11, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
been sampling from vinyl

and

my latest beats, any feedback is welcome

I liked how you sampled and chopped from eclectic sources. My only suggestion would be to make the drums be more in time on the first beat, it might just be my computer, but they sounded out of time with the chops. I thought both were very seamlessly chopped though, I could barely tell that they were chops, they sounded like sound collages. Good job.

I dropped my first complete project about a month ago. This is my favorite track on it.

The soundscape you were able to make with this composition made it very interesting, especially, how you varied instrumentation in order to highlight new sections of the composition. The mixing was also done really well, it sounds like something that would work well on a tv show.

Here is mine

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
been sampling from vinyl

and

second one was better than the first.. drums were off.. soul to soul sample was also off.. the second beat was cool in a quirky kool keith slash j zone kind of way.. like it could of been playing in a getaway chase scene in a comedy movie.. much love.. peace

I liked how you sampled and chopped from eclectic sources. My only suggestion would be to make the drums be more in time on the first beat, it might just be my computer, but they sounded out of time with the chops. I thought both were very seamlessly chopped though, I could barely tell that they were chops, they sounded like sound collages. Good job.

The soundscape you were able to make with this composition made it very interesting, especially, how you varied instrumentation in order to highlight new sections of the composition. The mixing was also done really well, it sounds like something that would work well on a tv show.

Here is mine

you fooled me on this one bro.. lol the intro had me thinking you were going right at Albuquerque and you went left..i like the chops you picked.. and the sounds.. but i wasnt keen on the sequence so much.. no shade.. 1

Check out some frosty the dro man for your ears.

this is interesting.. has a kind of a hyphy feel to it on the drums.. those horns were nice .. you had some good shit in this one.. im more of a boom bap guy. but i can see how this bangs.. for a person that makes this style they may have more constructive stuff to say but i overall enjoyed it .. 1

Never Stop

yo.. first .. the avatar is hilarious.. second dope drum pattern.. melody was on some video game slash r&b type shit.... nah.. but drum pattern was ill.. peace

I dropped my first complete project about a month ago. This is my favorite track on it.

dope lil jam cuzzin!! drums were nice..not to hard not to soft.. smooth pattern.. like the sounds.. like the idea.. 4/5
peace

Last edited by a moderator:

NatureRok

ILLIEN
yo.. this is one i had in the stash..
check me out and let me know what up ...

Nothing here yet.

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Check out some frosty the dro man for your ears.

this is dope

Here is mine

i love how choppy this is, and a lot of people are asking me about the drums, it is intentional

second one was better than the first.. drums were off.. soul to soul sample was also off.. the second beat was cool in a quirky kool keith slash j zone kind of way.. like it could of been playing in a getaway chase scene in a comedy movie.. much love.. peace
the drums are not "off" it is a stylistic choice, but thank you for the feedback

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Some of y'all need to give feedback before showcasing your beats. If you can't follow this simple rule, then don't get butthurt when you're called on it and/or ignored by other members.

been sampling from vinyl

and

I like your beats fam, but they do sound a lil busy, especially with the vinyl sound with it.. I would like to hear some more of your stuff, keep working bro

Never Stop

lO

Never Stop

Lot's of potential here homie. your technique is good, but your sounds need major help. It's alot of free fl studio vst and drum kits out there. Google it, go back and touch up this track

Post your beats! And please provide feedback.

*Remember: give feedback, then post your beat.

NatureRok

ILLIEN
this is dope

i love how choppy this is, and a lot of people are asking me about the drums, it is intentional

the drums are not "off" it is a stylistic choice, but thank you for the feedback
ok..ok.. cool.. i wasnt tryin to diss...1

TheRealAGE

@namesi yooooo that beat is fire man...love your production always!! nothing bad to say. sample work is magnificent.

Peep my newest beat.

"The Season"

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Zuance : That "Cell no.17" is amazing. Digging how that last tom of the beat is necking`... "Vinyl Chops" are also good, drums are mixed good. One of your most straight forward stuff, but digging it..

@namesi : That pad is working great with that voice "sample". Great sidechain, not to much, gotta love the "stops". Also like how its not repetive always something new that gets me going places.. Great work, and creative..

@Frostythedroman : This is starting out great. Sample is nice, and digg how it goes when the drums comes in. Maybe a bit to much drums, mixing..

@Chad : ha, yeah, like the "drop". The voice stuff helps this track a lot, whitout it would be very stacato. Like the bass part.. Maybe some more sample tweaking, the attack of the chops are very short..

@NatureRok : File Not Found..

@blvdbeatsdotcom : Big sounding, doh too much low end for me, gets a bit muddy. Like were you are going with it. Filtering is nice!

@TheRealAGE : For me this is the nicest beat i have heard from you. The baseline drives this beat a lot for me, like that horn, good paning. The kick and snare is a bit too much for my taste. .

----

Forgot too say the beat i submitted is a "Zuance" production, with my vocals on. Stay Cool..

namesi

Battle Points: 4

Here is mine

The sample cuts are cool. I love that twangy guitar. I would have liked to hear more boom bap style drums on this joint. The kick sounds super muddled. The snare also gets lost in the mix. If the drums were more pronounced, I think this joint could definitely benefit. Nice cut though bro!

Peep my newest beat.

"The Season"

Dope drums on this this. They kick knocks perfectly. The hat work is also something to appreciate. I love the sample. I feel like I have heard it before? Super mellow, fun track! Always G!

NatureRok

ILLIEN
the beats are playing for me fellas.. did i do something wrong in the posting.. ? which beat was it.. the eglamour or the gigi masin flip?

try now and let me know if you all can hear them. i have them in mp3 and uploaded to host on this site as the instructions say.. let me know yo..

Nothing here yet.

TheRealAGE

@NatureRok i listened to "masin-re" and i like it. I like the kick. id say at some high hats and variation to the sample to keep it interesting. your other beat is still not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online