Showcase - October 23-29, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a long fucking time since I posted anything in here. Getting back on it and have been going through some old shit and bringing it up to date. Heres an example.....

Does anybody leave feedback anymore?, just wondering. Getting feedback from illmuzik members was what taught me the most about making hip hop.

@2GooD Productions , this so dope . i played this on the big speakers smoked a blunt and started cleaning the house. what ever happened to the good r&b like this...great production

Been a long fucking time since I posted anything in here. Getting back on it and have been going through some old shit and bringing it up to date. Heres an example.....

Does anybody leave feedback anymore?, just wondering. Getting feedback from illmuzik members was what taught me the most about making hip hop.

@2GooD Productions , this so dope . i played this on the big speakers smoked a blunt and started cleaning the house. what ever happened to the good r&b like this...great production

@paulgayo1287 That sounds nice. I prefer the background to drums - drums feel (except the kick) disconnected from the rest. Maybe some bus compression and saturation would fix that. Also, some reverb on the hats and snare to glue it together. I wouldn't say there's anything missing though, it just needs a vocalist.

@44Beatzz I like the lo-fi vibe to it. I think that the balance between drums and samples is off (drums could be louder) but it can def be a banger with a dope MC.

Rhodes + Guitar

Heres my latest song, some stuff I've been experimenting with.
I really like this, Ive been experimenting with tech sounds in my hip hop too, especially as I produce drum n bass too. Trying to crossover a little, sounds like you are doing a good job of that too.
As Rodas said though, that bass synth is a bit too loud in the mix. Other than that, its pretty fucking tight.
Bring the bass synth down a little and allow the kick to bang a bit more.

I see by the beat construction that you are reasonably new, the mix needs a bit of work, but Ill leave that for now as its an advanced topic. I would consider either replacing the kick or overlaying another kick with a bit more boom, Id also consider adding some swing to the hi hats and even adding a synth line to play off of the piano and add a bit more depth to the beat.
Im a sucker for a bit of grand piano, its my favorite instrument. Which is a very big reason Ive stuck with Reason 5 for so long, the concert grand piano sounds fucking great.

Last edited:
What do you think?

The quality of the overall mix sounds clean as fuck, but the drums are lost in the mix, Id bring that main synth pad down a fair bit in the mix, bring up the drums and then mould everything else around the drums, and a bassline would be the icing on the cake. Dope beat.

Bottom Isnt So Far Down is fucking brilliant.
Drift is on point too, loving the mixing and panning of sounds. The synthwork is great on all the tracks. Love the bass synths. Loving your work.
Looks like you have the same problem with getting people to listen to your music as I do.
You deserve to be heard more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online