Showcase - June 13-19, 2016 (Post your beats here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@producedbyRiff : smooth, i like the laid back filtered synth, get me in a good mood, and absolutely love when it opens up. i would like to hear some vocal on this. the breakdown is nice aswell.. good work..

Here is my submission. This was made 3 years ago, but finished last night. its a tribute to Deck, r.i.p.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Klypse : yo! i like you put out videos. i dont like you keep quantizing your stuff tho, haha. i try say this as often as i can, because this made a big difference for me. i like the sample and how its chopped and played. dont know about that baseline, maybe a bit out of tune or something. :)

TheRealAGE

@producedbyRiff beat sounds really dope. But the mixing needs work. The drums sound nice but the synths and bass are waaaaaay too low. I can't feel that SUB at all!! This has alot of potential.

@KDVS mix is a bit rough. Sounds like frequencies are clashing with each other. I like the hook. The verses are kind of off to me. Sounds like English mixed with something else so its hard to understand at parts.

@Klypse i like the chops. The violin is nice. Drums are solid. They need more swing tho. Not a fan of the bassline. Sounds very programmed. Needs more human feel for beats like this.

Here is my latest release. Been a while since I've posted in this forum. Let me know what you guys think!

Dsmusic

Desert storm music
@producedbyRiff beat sounds really dope. But the mixing needs work. The drums sound nice but the synths and bass are waaaaaay too low. I can't feel that SUB at all!! This has alot of potential.

@KDVS mix is a bit rough. Sounds like frequencies are clashing with each other. I like the hook. The verses are kind of off to me. Sounds like English mixed with something else so its hard to understand at parts.

@Klypse i like the chops. The violin is nice. Drums are solid. They need more swing tho. Not a fan of the bassline. Sounds very programmed. Needs more human feel for beats like this.

Here is my latest release. Been a while since I've posted in this forum. Let me know what you guys think!

Nice violin keep it up

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@KDVS - Different to say the least. The live feel of all of the instrumentation sounds dope. I'm feelin the flow of the way the 2nd verse was constructed. I feel like it fits the vibe of the track a lot better.

@Klypse - Chops are smooth. Something about the bass seems off. It's either some of the notes you're using are out of tune with the sample or the way it's being played.

@TheRealAGE - That violin sample sounds clean af. Gives off a really dope vibe. Digging the breakdown. That timpani roll fits in nicely. Real nice beat man. Some ppl think it may feel a bit empty, but it gives enough space for someone to come in and spit over.

@Dsmusic - That piano in the beginning sounds out of tune. Not pleasant on the ears. Feel like the track is missing pieces - feels very empty. Melodically it's not really working for me.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@producedbyRiff youve got that chill smooth shit down. Id like to see you mix it up you obv got talents
@KDVS no clue whats being said but it works nice production
@Klypse nice beat ill have to check you making of out later
@TheRealAGE sounds like your on your Marlon brando godfather shit haha nice work as usual
@Koey dig that sound the bass is apologetically distorted and the wonder approves haha

Gave myself an hour and came up with this

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@producedbyRiff youve got that chill smooth shit down. Id like to see you mix it up you obv got talents
@TheRealAGE sounds like your on your Marlon brando godfather shit haha nice work as usual
@Koey dig that sound the bass is apologetically distorted and the wonder approves haha

Appreciate the feed haha and yes, the wonder loves it all.

@tomkillsjerry - The instrumentation on this is dope. I'm liking the vibe it gives off. I really like that guitar sound - is that sampled, live or a VST? Not too sure about that vocal sample. Don't think it really fits rhythmically. I do like the idea though but just don't think this particular vocal snippet fits with the fluidity of the other instruments.

MysticF

Battle Points: 1

Nice work! But, I have feeling that something is missing in melody. It just that violin over and over again. But, as I said, very nice work! :)

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
Appreciate the feed haha and yes, the wonder loves it all.

@tomkillsjerry - The instrumentation on this is dope. I'm liking the vibe it gives off. I really like that guitar sound - is that sampled, live or a VST? Not too sure about that vocal sample. Don't think it really fits rhythmically. I do like the idea though but just don't think this particular vocal snippet fits with the fluidity of the other instruments.
I played that in. been playing guitar for like 10 years.

heres one were the guitar is more the focal point got this one placed for and advert

and yea people have either loved that vocal or hate it haha there no in between

Status
Not open for further replies.