Showcase - January 4-10, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRWAY

Battle Points: 1
I'm giving honest feedback and typing as I listen to each beat. Take no offense yall I'm just giving you my truth lol Also anyone who just posted and did not give feedback will not be getting feedback from me. Thread rules are simple.

@Dnz The Mnc really like the sample on the first beat. Drums were mediocre tho. Did not compliment it well. The second beat is dope. Those drums fit very nicely with the sample. I wish there was more progression other than a simple loop. But its still pretty dope!

@Marc Duncan you always post but never reply and give feedback so you will not get mine.

@tomkillsjerry this is interesting. I was expecting a hip hop beat to happen but when the intro/build kept going i realized it wasnt one. Not bad overall but not great for this style of music. The synths are kind of plain and not very pleasing to my ear. Its hard for to be unbiased cuz i dont really like that style of production. I'd like to hear you back on your hip hop stuff man!

@STRWAY sounds very basic. Sound selection needs to be better. It sounds like a very "Stock" beginners beat.

@Bohni drums sound nice. synths are not great. The bells are good. But the leads are meh. To many frequencies taking up the same space. Beat needs better EQ overall on the synths.

@The Intangiblez Beat is dope. And the vocals fit nicely on it. i wish there was a higher quality of the acapella. Its pretty low quality. Your beat is fire tho. Drums on point. 808 dope. Good synth work. Great trap beat.

@ColeSllaw some pretty cool sounds/vibes. But the drums need alot of work. They need to be way bigger and fatter. The whole mix overall is too soft.

@Rodas this sample sounds so familiar!! i cannot think of where ive heard it tho. Love the vibe of it. Ahh man i was hoping for some crazy dope drums to drop...keep working bro. If you had some crazy J. Cole style drums on this it would a hit! That sample is clutch.

I think i got everyone who gave feedback back. Here is my new beat.

Thanks man, apreciate the honesty. I'll keep working!
Your beat is straight fire. both chill and hard (I think that's because of the drums)

@Dnz The Mnc Wasnt feeling the drums or the first track overall and the 2nd track I love the instruments and melody but would have chosen diff drums

@Marc Duncan Feels like something is fighting against eachother, what key are you in?

@tomkillsjerry "Burn" Im in loove with that synth! Nice track, no improvements I can think of!

"Worst Mistake" Sweet Guitar!

@STRWAY man your bass is muddy! couldnt really give it too much a listen, was killing my monitor bro lol try to get your levels right

"hotbox" really love the funk feel to it, but it seems a little all over the place structure wise kinda lost me.

Best piece of advice I ever recieved was from Kendrick Lamar's Engineer "Mixed By Ali" and he told me not to worry about my speakers, most of the peoploe listening to your shit are going to be listening on shitty stereos. A Quality mixed track will BANG on any system. And thats my trick to make sure I've got my levels right. I listen to my track on at least 3 consumer stereos (excluding my monitors) to get an accurate judgement for sound.

@natra really dope sample flip! but its really repetitive! you had me waiting for you to expand on that loop! keep working bro

@Bohni nice track here, mixing and levels soooound just about right but i was wanting that kick to thump a little harder! throw some camel crusher on that thang and this ish is fire!!

@The Intangiblez bro im a fan of your work! dope ass track and drake sauces the beat so well. Man i'd love to sit up under you and learn some shit!

@ColeSllaw nice track, im really diggin the vibe but your percs, drums, and mixing seem a bit off! Also i'd play around with a more chill sounding snare. maybe some delay or just down some octaves to loosen it up

@Rodas dope ass beat man! reminds me of that classic kanye production style! but I agree everything is dope but the bass. Not sure it fits the mellow feel of the track and its pretty muddy too

@TheRealAGE Could def hear tiller rippin this one up, I've gotta get my sample game up like you this shit is fire!!!

Been on a few week hiatus but I think im feeling the vibe again! Appreciate all feedback heres my new joint!

TheRealAGE

I checked out both beats. Work on the drums man. The sample is dope on the second beat but both of the beats need bigger drums. Look into New York style compression. I use it on almost all my drum busses. Helps them really pop out.

New producer here looking for some feedback. These are my first two beats. Hope ya'll like.

Appreciate it man. I flip back and forth between sampling and original beats. Sampling is just so damn fun! ha

Your beat is dope man! I like the synth. Mix is pretty clean. Drums are nice. My only complaint is the generic trap build you used. Get ready of it! lol Get something unique in there. And the "Ay" chant is kind of weak to me. Stands out too much. I'd make it more so like background noise. But overall very dope. I could hear many different artists on this beat.

@Dnz The Mnc Wasnt feeling the drums or the first track overall and the 2nd track I love the instruments and melody but would have chosen diff drums

@Marc Duncan Feels like something is fighting against eachother, what key are you in?

@tomkillsjerry "Burn" Im in loove with that synth! Nice track, no improvements I can think of!

"Worst Mistake" Sweet Guitar!

@STRWAY man your bass is muddy! couldnt really give it too much a listen, was killing my monitor bro lol try to get your levels right

"hotbox" really love the funk feel to it, but it seems a little all over the place structure wise kinda lost me.

Best piece of advice I ever recieved was from Kendrick Lamar's Engineer "Mixed By Ali" and he told me not to worry about my speakers, most of the peoploe listening to your shit are going to be listening on shitty stereos. A Quality mixed track will BANG on any system. And thats my trick to make sure I've got my levels right. I listen to my track on at least 3 consumer stereos (excluding my monitors) to get an accurate judgement for sound.

@natra really dope sample flip! but its really repetitive! you had me waiting for you to expand on that loop! keep working bro

@Bohni nice track here, mixing and levels soooound just about right but i was wanting that kick to thump a little harder! throw some camel crusher on that thang and this ish is fire!!

@The Intangiblez bro im a fan of your work! dope ass track and drake sauces the beat so well. Man i'd love to sit up under you and learn some shit!

@ColeSllaw nice track, im really diggin the vibe but your percs, drums, and mixing seem a bit off! Also i'd play around with a more chill sounding snare. maybe some delay or just down some octaves to loosen it up

@Rodas dope ass beat man! reminds me of that classic kanye production style! but I agree everything is dope but the bass. Not sure it fits the mellow feel of the track and its pretty muddy too

@TheRealAGE Could def hear tiller rippin this one up, I've gotta get my sample game up like you this shit is fire!!!

Been on a few week hiatus but I think im feeling the vibe again! Appreciate all feedback heres my new joint!

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheRealAGE You caught me!! lmao I was lazy wasnt feeling the transition game and just threw the first transition I found in my files up :( def need to change that. And Idk whats up with the ayy vocal sample smh, I've got it turned down so low in the mix but it still cutting thru everything and standing out front. I may have to remove it all together. Thanks for the quality feedback my guy

TheRealAGE

@TheRealAGE You caught me!! lmao I was lazy wasnt feeling the transition game and just threw the first transition I found in my files up :( def need to change that. And Idk whats up with the ayy vocal sample smh, I've got it turned down so low in the mix but it still cutting thru everything and standing out front. I may have to remove it all together. Thanks for the quality feedback my guy

No problem man. Compress that vocal! Low and High Cut it. Try that.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Dnz The Mnc : Yeah! i digg both these. love the clockwork on the first, and the hats on the second i nice. . Different, original, i like that!

@Marc Duncan : ...

@tomkillsjerry : So nice when the piano comes in. Love that 1:17 part!

@STRWAY : Feel this needs some work. But i like the dark and mello vibe..

@natra : Nice sidechain work, like the drive, i would like to hear the snares nudged a bit.

@Bohni : Drums, okay, i miss maybe some more creativity. A lot happening here, so good work.

@SMP : Like the creativity, nice out there vibe..

@tomkillsjerry 2: This 0:52 part i simply amazing! Give me more of your guitar man, love it!

@The Intangiblez : Like the instrumental! Nice mixed, creative. Not a fan of the sound on the vocal. But daim, its a very good instrumental..

@Rodas : The chillest song so far in the showcase. I digg it! Love how its building and great mixed. Smooth!

@STRWAY 2: electric popping stuff, i like it.

@TheRealAGE : Great mixed, super chill. Spaced instrumentation, and it works very good with the drums, so spaced, but so chill, great work. . . I heard you rap over a beat one time back, you should go over this one. Nice..

@Solo : I liked the " Track 01" best out of these two. Nice sound on the drums and very nice chopping on the sample. Super smooth and good for the ears.

@King Drew Xlll : I respect the work put in here..

Here is my song:

anarchos

@VladBeatz
Melody sounded a little off pitch but pretty ok beat overall, maybe a little more punch in the kick.

@Solo
Likte the bass on the first beat, maybe the melody should be in a higher volume. In the second beat there was som nice sampling going on.

Some beats i made today:

Feedback is greatly appreciated

@TheRealAGE - thanks bro, was curious if anyone would notice the DIY acapella. Really feeling that track you posted and left you some ytube comments.
@KDVS - thanks man that's a DIY acapella so I can't exactly argue with you there but I cleaned it up a lot from where it was lol. Really vibing on what you posted, it's unique and fresh but I could hear some cool melodic textures in the background too.
@King Drew Xlll - Thanks for checking out the track, followed you on soundcloud and left you some comments!

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@King Drew Xlll good idea man i followed you on there, i really like the feel to your track, the drums are solid and the overall vibe is pretty dope. Keep working
@KDVS this is groovy, maybe a little more background to help thicken it up but overall this bumps,
I was messing around today and this came out, look forward to seeing your comments

STRWAY

@Dnz The Mnc dig the chill melodies. My favorite is the second one. The punchy and quick snare gives it a certain feeling that i like and i love the drums on the third one. Sounds like that street drummers, that bang the hell out of buckets and shit ahaha
@ColeSllaw Really like the parts where there are no drums. It creates an expectation for what's going in next

This one I made today. Please give me some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online