Showcase - January 25-31, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealAGE

Feedback time! haha

@The Monk I like vibe of this beat. That high pitched synth is nice sounding. I like your synths and bells over power the drums a bit in my opinion. I think you should bring the drums up a bit more. Not a fan of the stabbing synth that comes in. I think it changes the vibe of the beat too much. Other than that its pretty dope overall.

@Marc Duncan the synths sound very basic man. Drums need mixing and way more "UMPH" look up some music theory so you can learn better chord progressions. Will help your beat making skills.

@Solo dope drums. Dope sample. I like the feel of it. Has a nice swing to it. I like this. I didn't care for the tempo change. Too slow. But the beginning of the beat is dope. Maybe missing a bassline?? Could make it even more dope!

@tomkillsjerry I like the sample talking and the sample for the beat. I feel like the drums are a bit quiet in comparison to the sample. It is also a bit repetitive but thats how alot of boom bap beats are and they sound more so without vocals. Not bad overall.

@Spuntastic guitar sounds very indie off the bat. Mmm that bass is real nice. Love the calmness of this beat. I could hear a deep story being told on this. Love the vibe. Good work. I like mixing. The guitar is very wide in the mix. Good balance.

@King Drew Xlll that piano is dope. Set a very dark vibe. Drums need to be bigger tho!! They need to complement that piano in better way! It doesn't sound bad by any means but it has the potential to sound great. Yea that snare needs to be fatter! I think it'd be dope if you had the snare do some Triplet hits. Its that kind of beat.

@Oversector i like the main melody. Interesting take on the drums making them super spread out. It works for this kind of beat. woaaah. Is that a flute?? That shit sounded super real. Dope stuff. Not normally my cup of tea but I wide with your sound. You did a good job.

@Charles Not bad. The piano melody needs some better chords to back it. The drums are kind of basic. Overall needs a cleaner mix. Everything is not blending well as it should. Has potential. Keep working on the mix.

@d.fusion Love the sample. Everything is a bit too loud tho. I think things just need to be toned down a bit. I like how the drums hit with that kind of sample. But I think it would be tough to find space for vocals on here. There isnt much room left. If thats your intention then all is well! haha

@Brandon Brown for the first beat the vibe is not really for me. The sounds are not bad but I just dont like the timbre of them. The snare is like a hair too loud in the beginning. Sounds fine when the rest of the beat comes in. 2nd beat is way better IMO. Very J. Cole vibe. I like the drums. I like the violin sample too. Dope stuff.

Word thats everyone. Here is my latest beat guys. Let me know what you think.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
@TheRealAGE
[/QUOTE]

I like the sample... it's eerie, it's airy, it's kinda dark. Leaves room for that fat low end (which was mixed really well. Turned on the sub so I could check out below 80 Hz. Very clean, but still has life to it. A very current sounding beat, executed well.

Here's one that I finished up this afternoon.

Zephyr52

@The Monk Dope beat like the chimes and bells thought it could use some mid range elements to add some weight to it

@Marc Duncan those drums are slappin man nice work!

@Solo dope production like the bass and the drums mix sounds clean af to

and for my 200th post a little boom bap

I'm digging the vibe of this beat! I'm a fan of old-school/boom bap haha. I love the vocal sample; it gives the beat an ethereal feeling. I think your drums could use a little more punch though; I think you might need a little more low end. Other than that; I'm a fan!

This is a beat I've been working on. It's a work in progress (might be close to finish though). Would love to hear some feedback on it!

TheRealAGE

Appreciate it man. Your beat sounds dope. I love the piano and the drums hit nicely. I just think its a bit loud in general. Like the master was too much. Otherwise it sounds clean.

I like the sample... it's eerie, it's airy, it's kinda dark. Leaves room for that fat low end (which was mixed really well. Turned on the sub so I could check out below 80 Hz. Very clean, but still has life to it. A very current sounding beat, executed well.

Here's one that I finished up this afternoon.

[/QUOTE]

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20

This is my first uploaded beat. Any feedback appreciated! Ive only got 70 views so far so any shares also welcome! The rapper is called JME and I have synced the acapella and original video over my beat. Hope you enjoy. Jay

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@d.fusion Love the sample. Everything is a bit too loud tho. I think things just need to be toned down a bit. I like how the drums hit with that kind of sample. But I think it would be tough to find space for vocals on here. There isnt much room left. If thats your intention then all is well! haha

yh main focus was as a stand alone beat but i agree, i think i overdid some compression.
your beat sound very tight. the low sound very clear yet hard. maybe it could benefit a little from some synths or percussion in the high spectrum. either way, good stuff

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
This is my first remix ever.. Polish rappers, check it out

i dont understand a word by my roommate is polish i'll ask him:) beat sounds good. not quite my type not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online