Showcase - January 25-31, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Battle Points: 2
I'll go with this one

This is fresh man. Nice melody and bassline.

Sounds like some old school Kanye West, sick beat.
Here's mine.

That's some trippy stuff. Those drum rolls are dope.

Here's mine. I appreciate any feedback. Whatever helps me get better. I tried switching up the tempo at the end. Hope ya'll like

Last edited:

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
themonk: not my style but that's a nice clean mix. A lot going on there but it doesn't get washed up. Good work
marc: the composition is nice, but watch out with your frequencies. When it all comes together, the intruments seem to fight for room, that makes your mix squashy. cut out the lower frequencies of the piano(s) and bells-thing, so the bassline can come through
solo: now that's more like it. the bassdrum punches super heavy, maybe a bit too heavy, it seems that it drowns all other samples/vsts. possible that it's intended from you tho. I would add a very very soft and quiet subbass that fills your background a bit. but that's personal preference
tom: yo man I'm digging this one. drums could use more punch but altogether the beat is floating. super dope! I reckon this is not the style you do normally, but damn son you really should try and see where this path brings you because that beat is fire right there

my latest joint is the full production of my BeatThis BattleBeat. It's an hommage to A Serious Man, the greatest Coen-Brothers joint. Something to drop out:

Battle Points: 1
@The Monk this is a dope track. I was really digging the instrument selection, melody/counter melody and your percs! Mixdown sounds crisp too

@Solo dope beat, those drums were banging! those strings were sick too!

@tomkillsjerry ooh this sounds like that eastcoast boom bap! dope track dope drums! that vocal at the intro was like perfectly placed too. youre talented bro your sound is pretty versatile. And your sec track that falling sound is dope this track sounds like it could be on a racing video game of some sorts.

Alright guys I finally finished some old work all feedback is appreciated as always!

And this track ive posted here before but I improved the mix and added some elements would really like to know what you guys think of the mix and of the beat in general thanks illmuzik fam!

O

Oversector

I'll go with this one

I really like this beat. I mean, it's so clear and good to listen!

This is not a real Hip Hop beat. I've started from Hip Hop but I've made an Epic/Trip music album.
Listen the full album here if have some time to waste!

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
its getting tough to quote these post so i'll comment without them. and the i'll post my newest beat:)

@Solo tev-the first 48 : very nice sample flip and drum pattern. and i like that ending. i feel thebeat could benefit from a minimal bassline.

@Spuntastic: weird quote man. whats the movie? mellow beat. not very flashy but well balanced mixed imo. maby a bit more emphasis on the drum volume. good stuff though.

@King Drew Xlll: that beat style is not reall my type but your mix game sounds on point man.. maybe you can advice me a bit in the future;)

B Major

Battle Points: 28
@The Monk this is a dope track. I was really digging the instrument selection, melody/counter melody and your percs! Mixdown sounds crisp too

@Solo dope beat, those drums were banging! those strings were sick too!

@tomkillsjerry ooh this sounds like that eastcoast boom bap! dope track dope drums! that vocal at the intro was like perfectly placed too. youre talented bro your sound is pretty versatile. And your sec track that falling sound is dope this track sounds like it could be on a racing video game of some sorts.

Alright guys I finally finished some old work all feedback is appreciated as always!

And this track ive posted here before but I improved the mix and added some elements would really like to know what you guys think of the mix and of the beat in general thanks illmuzik fam!

You clearly captured the sound T Scott Feel that you were going for. Im feeling both of these beats man!

Hey Heres My 2 Latest Tracks let me know what you guys think?
any suggestions, constructive criticism anything! thanks Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Points: 1
@d.fusion Thanks bro, def appreciate the listen ! Im listening on headphones rn so I cant acurrately judge the mix, but the arrangement is dope and that sample flip/vocal chop was dope! nice Dig! I'll give it another listen when I get home later to check the mix out, but nice track! What hardware did you use if you dont mind me asking?

@Brandon Brown ooh im like your synth work on "round here" a lot of variation in this one, def kept me interested as a listener nice track

Cole world @ 1:50 is cold that break down so nasty!

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@Spuntastic: weird quote man. whats the movie? mellow beat. not very flashy but well balanced mixed imo. maby a bit more emphasis on the drum volume. good stuff though.

yea it's A Serious Man. I wanted to capture the weirdness of the Coen-Brothers combined with the floating style of their movies.

I'm digging your beat. it's funny cause to me the bassdrum hits a little bit too hard for my taste. makes it stand out too much. but nice mixing. I'm jealous, I want that Machine too

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online