Showcase - January 11-17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@Dnz The Mnc super mellow vibe here its dope. I think its a pretty unique track. Maybe a little more cut on the snare to really make it pop. but overall i love it
@Marc Duncan that wasn't what i was expecting when i heard the intro, but you freaked that shit good work on this track i dig it.
Hope you like my latest:

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Dnz The Mnc super mellow vibe here its dope. I think its a pretty unique track. Maybe a little more cut on the snare to really make it pop. but overall i love it
@Marc Duncan that wasn't what i was expecting when i heard the intro, but you freaked that shit good work on this track i dig it.
Hope you like my latest:

It sounds simple, which makes it perfect; excellent job.

Bohni

@Marc Duncan I like the vibe, but the parts at around 2:00 (came once before), i feel like the bass could be stronger (or bass kick, synth, just the lower freqs). It doesn't hit that hard like I feel it should.

@ColeSllaw The kick at 1:33 is just nasty (in a good way xD). I feel like you could have played a bit more with the volume of the "hey"-samples. The were introduced, but never really present.

@Dnz The Mnc I don't have much to say on this one. I find the snare a little bit weak, but that is my taste...

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
@Marc Duncan I like the vibe, but the parts at around 2:00 (came once before), i feel like the bass could be stronger (or bass kick, synth, just the lower freqs). It doesn't hit that hard like I feel it should.

@ColeSllaw The kick at 1:33 is just nasty (in a good way xD). I feel like you could have played a bit more with the volume of the "hey"-samples. The were introduced, but never really present.

@Dnz The Mnc I don't have much to say on this one. I find the snare a little bit weak, but that is my taste...

1. Can only get better, not worse.
2. Beat sounds sinister, like a supervillain type beat, really sick man, great job.

Asian influence? Really mellow.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
@Bohni This is pretty cool sounding. Maybe a little less snare at the beginning, it sorta makes it move too fast for me. Overall its pretty dope. Theres a lot going on in it but its well balanced.
Here's this, hope you enjoy:

@

@WalkerGodsKid

@Kozyr that sample was perfect with the drums. just interested to see what you wouldve done if the song was longer.

@tomkillsjerry feel like your extra meticulous with your drums and it makes this beat sound dope.

Battle Points: 9
@Bohni This is pretty cool sounding. Maybe a little less snare at the beginning, it sorta makes it move too fast for me. Overall its pretty dope. Theres a lot going on in it but its well balanced.
Here's this, hope you enjoy:

@Marc Duncan - Pretty Dope man, Keep it up, Asian samples are dope
@ColeSllaw - Christmas carol 2016 :D joke, very nice :)
@tomkillsjerry - good work man, im your fan, i love this beat,

Ok, my latest:)

Drum placement is spot on digging that nasty snare.

Haven't touched the beats in a minute. Finally got around to finishing this one up. Lemme know what y'all think.

Going to drop feed in another post tomorrow.

This is slick! love the chill tempo. Its got a good groove.

Interested to hear feed back on some of my music. Thanks yall!

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Appreciate the feedback so far. Here goes my feed:

@Marc Duncan - I think there's too many melodic instruments going to work at the same time. They clash too much for me. Mix is clean tho.

@ColeSllaw - Mix is nice. Real simple type of beat but it gives the MC a lot of room to work. Digging the eerie vibe.

@Bohni - Drums slap hard. I think the main snare on the 2 and 4 count should have some more distinction with the snare you're using for the drumroll.

@tomkillsjerry - This is dope. Really digging the vibe. Instrumentation is on point. Prob the best I've heard in this showcase so far. Good shit.

@Kozyr - Drums are nice man. Sample work is cool too. I like the effects you threw on them. I think the bassline could be brought up some more to give the track some more drive.

@@WalkerGodsKid - Mix sounds kinda muddy. All the elements sound like they're trying to compete with each other. Kind of hard to follow what's going on with this beat.

@Frontman Willy - I feel like there's some more room for the drums to come up in the mix. Beat is cool tho. Mix sounds clean.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Appreciate the feedback so far. Here goes my feed:

@Marc Duncan - I think there's too many melodic instruments going to work at the same time. They clash too much for me. Mix is clean tho.

@ColeSllaw - Mix is nice. Real simple type of beat but it gives the MC a lot of room to work. Digging the eerie vibe.

@Bohni - Drums slap hard. I think the main snare on the 2 and 4 count should have some more distinction with the snare you're using for the drumroll.

@tomkillsjerry - This is dope. Really digging the vibe. Instrumentation is on point. Prob the best I've heard in this showcase so far. Good shit.

@Kozyr - Drums are nice man. Sample work is cool too. I like the effects you threw on them. I think the bassline could be brought up some more to give the track some more drive.

@@WalkerGodsKid - Mix sounds kinda muddy. All the elements sound like they're trying to compete with each other. Kind of hard to follow what's going on with this beat.

@Frontman Willy - I feel like there's some more room for the drums to come up in the mix. Beat is cool tho. Mix sounds clean.
Was trying something new, guess it won't work for everybody.

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
@walkergodskid you definitely had the vision, but i think a big factor with this beat is making all those sounds coexist, could be improved but still pretty good
@Kozyr this is pretty dope, the baseline is a little low but some people don't like overpowering bass so do you. Good work
I've been trying to improve on my music writing skills, tell me what you think everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online