Showcase - August 23-29, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element Good Stuff brotha.
1. Logic song - really like this one, the low end really carries the song and the beat matches the vocal tones as well
2. G-unit song - This sample chop is really smooth. The only feedback I have is I think the key of the vocal hook doesn't quite match the instrumental key.
3. Maroon 5 song - awesome. really interesting usage of reversing

@slimegreenbeats This is wicked. Sounds like a minecraft song. good stuff man. mix is clean too

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Wow! Its been over 10 years since I've made a beat. Never really lost the love but life got in the way. Here is the first beat ive made in awhile.

Heroes

Rah.sool - Drums are on point. I love the intro and didnt expect the melody to play out like that. Overall great track.

Solo Element - That G-Unit beat is DOPE! Perfect chops for the verses and the rhythm is on point.

Slimegreen - Definitely sounds like a song found in a game which is not a bad thing. Money to be made in that space for sure. I keep waiting for the drums to hit hard tho. I think thats the only thing thats missing.

Any feedback is appreciated! Whattup FADE!

@Sole Element Good Stuff brotha.
1. Logic song - really like this one, the low end really carries the song and the beat matches the vocal tones as well
2. G-unit song - This sample chop is really smooth. The only feedback I have is I think the key of the vocal hook doesn't quite match the instrumental key.
3. Maroon 5 song - awesome. really interesting usage of reversing

@slimegreenbeats This is wicked. Sounds like a minecraft song. good stuff man. mix is clean too
Lmao I should come out with a Minecraft album

nikwen

ILLIEN
Sampled some classical this week. Thanks in advance for all feedback. i'll return the favor later in the week.

Thanks for sharing! The recent "Beat This!" piqued my interest in beats with classical samples.

When I started listening, I expected this to be hard to rap to for some reason, but it was not. Freestyling was super easy.
The sounds are interesting, not the stuff you hear all the time. Combined with rapping, I think that it sounds really cool and really unique.

The mix sounded a bit full at times. I would probably have tried to make it a bit thinner.

Spending every day thinking about beat videos, I really like the rain effect in yours. Fits the music and is just a cool minimalist effect you can throw into the video.

Good job overall! (y)

nikwen

ILLIEN
Wow! Its been over 10 years since I've made a beat. Never really lost the love but life got in the way. Here is the first beat ive made in awhile.

Heroes
Welcome back! It's cool to see one of the first members come back to the forum.

It's a great beat. I can definitely tell it's not your first. :D

I love the soft sound of the kick. It goes really well with the strings. I also think that your use of the vocal sample is really solid.
Love the guitar chords around 0:40 and the buildup before the outro is great. All that tension building up and suddenly being released.

Good job! (y)

Reactions: P_1

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Made a little something for you guys to check out ! Drop a comment like it only if you do dig the tune ofcourse. Also im having a bit of trouble with internet today i will reply to the others later.

Last edited:

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Thanks for sharing! The recent "Beat This!" piqued my interest in beats with classical samples.

When I started listening, I expected this to be hard to rap to for some reason, but it was not. Freestyling was super easy.
The sounds are interesting, not the stuff you hear all the time. Combined with rapping, I think that it sounds really cool and really unique.

The mix sounded a bit full at times. I would probably have tried to make it a bit thinner.

Spending every day thinking about beat videos, I really like the rain effect in yours. Fits the music and is just a cool minimalist effect you can throw into the video.

Good job overall! (y)
Awesome feedback! Thanks. I need to work on my frequency leveling for sure!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@TjombaBeats This beat is really unique man. The beat feels like different elements are dueling each other, in a good way. Great job!

@3ternal Way to keep it simple. This beat is smooth and gets the vibe out. I would say the hi hats might be a little bit too loud. Unless you wanted this to be hat dominant. I guess it's a preference thing. Real good job bro

Status
Not open for further replies.