Showcase - August 17-23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
digging it, dope stuff

i like the deep subbass but it feels like it's "eating" all the other frequencies, if you know what i mean

my latest joint:

been working on this pretty long because the drop just sounded anticlimactic. i'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but whatever

@Spuntastic I like it. Very spacey/fast ambient vibe.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
a song I made at my cousins out of his sci fi soundtrack records, let me know what y'all think

haha always with the crazy off the wall shit nice..

Tried something diffrent, feel like I could add more to it, any suggestions?

I would say less bass i dig the synths and everything mix just needs some work

digging it, dope stuff

i like the deep subbass but it feels like it's "eating" all the other frequencies, if you know what i mean

my latest joint:

been working on this pretty long because the drop just sounded anticlimactic. i'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but whatever
pretty dope i dig the boom baps

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
For those of you that remember Horrorcore hiphop of the 90s, I just completed a tribute track to the Gravediggaz. Please enjoy and I welcome your feedback.

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Only giving feedback for those that prior that left feedback for others...

@Zuance - Real abstract vibe. Not really my cup of tea. Digging the kick though.

@Dnz The Mnc - Like Zuance - real abstract. Not really my cup of tea. Mix sounds clean.

@Spuntastic - Digging the vibe of this. Drums are real grimey. I see what you mean about the drop lol. The way you set it up makes it seem like you going to layer the drums up with something heavy and hard hitting - more of a boom.

@KDVS - You played everything in this beat? Sounds clean. No idea what's being said but all of the elements mesh well together. Nice mix.

@Erik - Vibes. I feel the drums are sitting too far back in the mix. I hear the kick and snare, but I can't really feel it if that makes sense. I'm feeling this though.

@TheRealAGE - Drum pattern is dope. Mix is clean. Digging the bassline. Good stuff.

@Messy Beatz - This is cool. Gets a lil repetitive at times. Feel like the drums could be brought up some more.

@tomkillsjerry - This is dope. Favorite that I've heard so far. Feeling the vibe of the track. No complaints from me.

@PhDBeats - Drums are banging. The hollow snare fits well here. Good stuff.

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1
Been a minute since I've whipped something up. Lemme know what y'all think. Going to go through and drop feed a bit later.

this is amazing im for sure going to follow you on soundcloud

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1
VIDEODROME: another song i made from mainly sci-fi samples, feedback is welcome

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Kohie : For me, this is your "nisje"/"style" idk how to say it in english. I like how you get melodies out of your choice of samples. You been away for a minute, good to hear your beats again. - And yeah, instruments and vocals are all me on my submission.
@Dnz The Mnc : Mist(!) Fantastisc guitar sample. To much base i think. I like how the snare lives in this one. Also like your chops. Frakk patterns. :) - Well Yeah(!), i like you play own stuff, Nexus sounds are great, warm, but i get a bit "lost" i this one i'm sorry.

Messy Beatz

Battle Points: 11
This track came about very spontaneously. @Dnz The Mnc shared a song on here called "Utopia" that had some really dope chords and I reached out to him to see if he were up for a collab.

He sent the files to me and this track is the result.

The main sample you hear is original work of @Dnz The Mnc which has been pitched, chopped and thrown in the MPC, I then added drums, bass and the Rhodes and Strings you hear on the chorus.

Let us know what you think.

ORIGINAL @Dnz The Mnc Version

Messy Beatz X DNZ Version

anarchos

This track came about very spontaneously. @Dnz The Mnc shared a song on here called "Utopia" that had some really dope chords and I reached out to him to see if he were up for a collab.

He sent the files to me and this track is the result.

The main sample you hear is original work of @Dnz The Mnc which has been pitched, chopped and thrown in the MPC, I then added drums, bass and the Rhodes and Strings you hear on the chorus.

Let us know what you think.

ORIGINAL @Dnz The Mnc Version

Messy Beatz X DNZ Version

I really like what you did to it, like you know ;) Good work bro!

Here's something I did today:

Status
Not open for further replies.