Sample Chopping

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just curious
What do you guys use to chop your samples up?

And so there's no confusion by "chopping" I mean your big pieces, NOT the little slices assigned to each note. Figuring out what you want to keep and chopping off the fat.

*I* use Wavosaur. Love it for chopping. IMHO, its the best for chopping and quick editing, tho its not multitrack.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Edison in fl is the sickest! I rarely use that auto-chop feature, just makes a mess...even when i just want 1 note, I do it manually.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Back when I was still makin music on a PC I always reached for my trusty free/open source Audacity for just chopping big chunks and preparing them for ReCycle...I also used to use Steinberg Wavelab for the same purpose, more often then not though Audacity fulfilled all my needs.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ill rip vinyl with soundforge then chop up the sections that i need, usually 16 bar loops so i can autochop in my daw to my pads, whem something isn't going to come out nicely i send it to recycle and use that to make it a rex with custom chops. i have bomes midi translator rigged up to my audio interface/digital mixer so i can use the jog wheel and nobs and buttons on that to trigger macros in soundforge and i can chop samples and save em and shit without touching the keyboard and mouse, haha i almost have as much fun chopping my shit up as i do laying out sequences

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i work out where the 1,2,3 & 4 hit, so for a one bar sample, ill chop at where the first snare will hit, the 2nd kick and the 3rd snare, then timestretch them to the correct tempo....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Cool Edit 2.0 for all my chopping needs....Simple interface, uses zero resources, renders quickly.

Everyone still reppin Peter Quistgard...

I'm reppin Marco Hardmeier... HOller beeotch..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lmao @ the losers that use hardware to chop their samples.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
ever tried to chop on the sp-404? lolz, i thought chopping on the asr was cumbersome, but that shit? Wooosaaaaa....