Sample Chopping

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I have a SP-404, a MV-8800, and a Trigger Finger (accumulated over the years). I use the MV most of the time that I use a hardware sampler and in my opinion they're all cumbersome to some degree BUT I can say that they all are really good for coming up with ideas for your beat (testing different patterns using the same samples). For me it's just so much easier to bang pads to get your vision than it is to chop up 12-16 pieces of a sample and try to organize and reorganize them using software. Hardware samplers do have their place in production but their role has changed when compared to software.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I'll make my next beat using only my 404 to chop samples...don't get me wrong I'm agreeing with you, I just like using a hardware sampler for putting together ideas not really making a beat. I can't promise this but I'll also try to put a video together while making the beat, just don't hold me to that part. :)~

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ya'll getting ahead to the slicing part lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok, let's try this...Heres a great video for making beats with a 404. The picture under is a pic of my 404...I put mono's name on it so he'll know that I'm not BS'ing him by finding a random picture of it...lol.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I put mono's name on it so he'll know that I'm not BS'ing him by finding a random picture of it...lol.

hah, ANYBODY can do that with photoshop! but nice beat anyway, how did you do the velocity changes on the hats? we should have a 404 showcase, making beats with a computer is just too easy...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Thanks, I didn't do anything with the drums, that was a sample also...I think the variations may be from the hats in the music sample on top of the hats in the drum sample. I was just bs'ing while making this beat but I think I may use this in a future project :)~

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
RS7000 all day lazy asses!!!

you will NEVER duplicate my shit, even in software... so i'll stay a loser FOREVER!!!

da relic

RS7000! I havn't heard that name in a while.
It's always MPC, MV, and sparringly SP

Dac maybe you should do more of that. I think thats one of your better ones. lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
RS7000 all day lazy asses!!!

you will NEVER duplicate my shit, even in software... so i'll stay a loser FOREVER!!!

da relic

Thank god....LOL

And why would I duplicate you?

I'm SUCIO for pete's sake....

Man...I don't make beats for a while and.....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lol..I used to say that ALLL THE TIME.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Edison in FL! I can sample straight from my turntable and chop it up or import a sound file and chop. Awesome piece of software.

members online