Reddit

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I guess you can still moderate in a rule breaking type way.

I do not doubt that ogbama is online in the threads 18/24 hours.
Making lists of who plays what, "just in case".
Social media can be very addictive and is a huge waste of time. It has its uses, but its addictive and will kill hours of time that could be spent making beats and learning what works and what doesn't to then share with others, instead of just sharing anything, some good things and some bad things. We go to others for help because they have experience in the problems we are having and have already solved them, they have found out what is snake oil and what isn't, by actually using the tools.
I'm just mystified by the concept of a person who would be considered a position of authority on a subreddit about hip hop production that hasn't made hardly any beats. Just seems strange to me, a bit like the blind leading the blind. If I want to learn how to fish, I don't go to the fisherman that brings home no fish.

I like that @OGBama wants to help others, that is commendable, but when you give bad advice because you cant tell it from good advice, then you aren't actually helping, but hurting. First comes the learning and doing, then comes the advising and helping. Not the other way around.
I've said it before.
Just spend more time doing and less time talking, do the talking to find something out, then go do it. Get off reddit, get off all the other social media sites for a while and just make some music. Cut out the distractions. Build a collection of beats that are at least 1 min long, then look back on them and see where you have improved and where you need to improve. Just my 2 cents.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Making lists of who plays what, "just in case".
Social media can be very addictive and is a huge waste of time. It has its uses, but its addictive and will kill hours of time that could be spent making beats and learning what works and what doesn't to then share with others, instead of just sharing anything, some good things and some bad things. We go to others for help because they have experience in the problems we are having and have already solved them, they have found out what is snake oil and what isn't, by actually using the tools.
I'm just mystified by the concept of a person who would be considered a position of authority on a subreddit about hip hop production that hasn't made hardly any beats. Just seems strange to me, a bit like the blind leading the blind. If I want to learn how to fish, I don't go to the fisherman that brings home no fish.

I like that @OGBama wants to help others, that is commendable, but when you give bad advice because you cant tell it from good advice, then you aren't actually helping, but hurting. First comes the learning and doing, then comes the advising and helping. Not the other way around.
I've said it before.
Just spend more time doing and less time talking, do the talking to find something out, then go do it. Get off reddit, get off all the other social media sites for a while and just make some music. Cut out the distractions. Build a collection of beats that are at least 1 min long, then look back on them and see where you have improved and where you need to improve. Just my 2 cents.
Right. I try to look at my DAW like it's a piece of hardware that can't connect to the outside world. Obviously a quick search here or there if I'm in fine-tune mode, but otherwise I try to close everything out. It's like my nightly therapy. I've been making ~4-5 beats a week with that approach lately, obviously that doesn't mean anything and it comes down to quality, but I'm also a believer in just getting shit done since perfection is often the enemy of progress.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I played the flute in elementary school.

I also played one of these bad boys in front of all the parents:

11523099_800.jpg

Shit got wild. I was doing crab scratches on that thing and everyone was freaking out. I even got free milk the next day.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I played the flute in elementary school.

I also played one of these bad boys in front of all the parents:

11523099_800.jpg

Shit got wild. I was doing crab scratches on that thing and everyone was freaking out. I even got free milk the next day.

Classic. Snapping one of these sticks was probably the most satisfying sound you could get out of it...