Reason 4 and MPK 49

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Anybody get the MPK49 and Reason 4 to midi time sync with out an error message?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
After setting up the MPK 49 as the contoller I want. I try and enable midi sync. Then whenever I hit the fast foward or rewind button the the mpk 49 transport I the the message saying "Reason is not in conrol of the transport would you like to disable midi sync?" If I hit no I the same problem repeats itself. If I hit yes midi sync turns off. I have the mpk set up to send mmc/midi and the firmware and reason 4 are up to date.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
can you actually control the tempo in reason via midi sync from the MPK49?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Could it be something to do with your Midi Clock settings on the MPK? Go to GLOBAL ----------> MIDI CLK and set it to EXTERNAL. Just a guess, not sure whether it'll help or not.

Yea I've tried that but it still didnt work right. The MPK49 Works fine as a controller but the midi sync just doesnt work yet. It only stops me from useing 1 or two features so its not a biggie. Ill try it out on a Mac and see what happens. Have you gotten it to midi sync for you? Peace

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nah haven't tried yet, I'm new to all this so I just basically use it to play my drums and samples, nothing special yet.

Yea man I actually just reformated my whole pc and reinstalled windows reason and everything else now I cant get the keyboard to work at all lol. I think I might need to hurry up and get a Mac book pro lol. Im only $500 away from being able to purchase it. I Spoke to my homeboy from SRC and he uses reason on some of his stuff and he old me that it works fine with Mac. I Called up Line 6 who makes Reason 4 and they told me its a known issue but it only happens in isolated cases. Akai pro just said that its a Reason 4 issue not a Akai issue. If anybody actually has the MPK49 and Reason Midi Syncing and everything plz let me know.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Did u reinstall your drivers for your keyboard?
Anytime u reformat your computer your going to need to reinstall every devices driver all over again.

Thanks Shonteez but I have. Im actually a Communications/IT by trade I wouldnt have forgotten that step lol. Peace

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Naw dude, nothing personal - thats just the first thing i woulda done if i was in that situation.
Thats really odd that your computer wont even recognize the MPK now??.....Arkitekt seems to be pretty up his shit when it comes to PCs maybe he can give u a helping hand???

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Naw dude, nothing personal - thats just the first thing i woulda done if i was in that situation.
Thats really odd that your computer wont even recognize the MPK now??.....Arkitekt seems to be pretty up his shit when it comes to PCs maybe he can give u a helping hand???

Its all good Steez no offence takin at all. I appreciate your input. Other people that might read this thread may find that tip helpfull. And yea I will hit up Arkitekt. Hopefully he can point me in the right direction. Thanks fam

T

The Arkitekt

lol, I'm an expert with PC's, but i'm no expert with Reason and/or MIDI, my bad.

Do you use a MIDI interface, or MIDI through USB?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol, I'm an expert with PC's, but i'm no expert with Reason and/or MIDI, my bad.

Do you use a MIDI interface, or MIDI through USB?

Im going through usb right now. From all the manuals Its supposed to work that way. I also have a Mbox 2 hooked up for protools.

T

The Arkitekt

Do you get a sound when you plug in the MPK through USB and a little balloon window that pops up by time/date saying "new hardware detected" or whatever

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do you get a sound when you plug in the MPK through USB and a little balloon window that pops up by time/date saying "new hardware detected" or whatever

Yea the sound and everything works fine. I just can't get the mpk and reason to midi clock sync. Had any luck with that Arkitekt?

members online