Rantings of the Over 30 Crowd...

Arnold from "Diff'rent Strokes" wouldn't agree with you! All kind of shit was going down in that series... pedos, kids dealing drugs in school, ...

edit: sorry for the double post!

LMAO @ the paedo episode of Diff'rent Strokes.

I see your point, but it really wasnt so prevalent back then.
Its like paedophilia is a disease and that shit went epidemic.
As for kids dealing drugs in school, we didnt exactly do that but rarely a day went by in secondary school that I wasnt stoned. I dont know where we got all the money from but we used to pool our resources and share. Ah the good ole days.

and remember fist fight? Kids are pussies now. afraid of gettin they ass whipped so they pack guns.

lol word, I had to leave my first secondary school because I had a fight with one guy and knocked him out with one punch, after that fight the kids in my class were arranging fights for me everyday and they gave me the name rocky, lmao. After 2 weeks of that Id pretty much had enough of fist fights, lol, i really didnt want to go to school anymore. Luckily we got burgled and the house was trashed, so we got to move out.
I did bond with a couple of the guys Ive had fights with though, you sort of gain a respect for each other. It certainly beats fucking shooting or stabbing each other.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i think the internet really makes it easy for kids. I taught myself how to produce music, design and program web sites, and a bunch of other things using the internet. The internet was around was I in college (1999-2003), but it wasnt as crazy and quick as it is now. If I was still in high school or college I could finish my homework in like 2 minutes lol. I have know idea why people are failing in school and the dropout is higher than ever. Its way easier to find answers than back in the day. You can seriously find information on ANYTHING via net in less than 10 seconds. Its really remarkable when u think about it. But most youth do not use the net as a tool, they just fuck around on facebook and twitter and youtube. The reality is that we live in age where if you have the patience, you can damn near teach yourself anything you want. The possibilities are almost limitless. Years ago you just couldnt do that. There are really no excuses for all these kids to be fucked up like they are with all the free info thats easily accessible out there.

i think the internet really makes it easy for kids. I taught myself how to produce music, design and program web sites, and a bunch of other things using the internet. The internet was around was I in college (1999-2003), but it wasnt as crazy and quick as it is now. If I was still in school I could finish my homework in 2 seconds lol. You can seriously find information on ANYTHING via net in less than 10 seconds. Its really remarkable when u think about it. But most youth do not use the net as a tool, they just fuck around on facebook and twitter and youtube. The reality is that we live in age where if you have the patience, you can damn near teach yourself anything you want. Years ago you just couldnt do that.

cosign, I have learned so much with the internet to help find what Im looking for, from web design, to history, to music production, whatever you want to find out about, the knowledge is online.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"I remember becoming quite skilled at using sticky tape to splice a chewed up tape back together."

DUDE FOR REAL! I bet i fixed several hundred tapes.

and VIC20??? That was for pussies its all about the Commodore 64!

I also agree with the fist fight thing, kids need a little fight in em.

There was a entire year of my life that I cant remember a week going buy without being in a major fist fight with blood and black eyes everything. Good thing I am a big dude, well Relic knows I am 6' 4 and not really in to taking crap ha ha

I also agree with the fist fight thing, kids need a little fight in em.

Yeah I definitly agree, before I went to secondary school I really was a little cry baby pussy, I was always being picked on. It was the fights that made me realise that if i fought back I could not only win but win well. lol

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Yo... everyone's forgetting the most important thing of all... ARCADES. Who remembers going to the arcade and gathering around the Street Fighter cab and all the unwritten rules of not throwing the other person? Back when arcades were filled with games that weren't light gun or racing games... miss those days.

Yo... everyone's forgetting the most important thing of all... ARCADES. Who remembers going to the arcade and gathering around the Street Figther cab and all the unwritten rules of not throwing the other person? Back when arcades were filled with games that weren't light gun or racing games... miss those days.

LMAO, yeah we used to go to the arcade and spend ALL DAY on the streetfighter cab.

That was one of the first really dope games. Along with R-Type

Edit: Oh and Outrun too.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I remember becoming quite skilled at using sticky tape to splice a chewed up tape back together.

i STILL have a dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince tape that used to pop every time you didn't stop it immediately after the last song....tape that bitch up, flip it over, and you're back in business!

i think the internet really makes it easy for kids. I taught myself how to produce music, design and program web sites, and a bunch of other things using the internet. The internet was around was I in college (1999-2003), but it wasnt as crazy and quick as it is now. If I was still in high school or college I could finish my homework in like 2 minutes lol. I have know idea why people are failing in school and the dropout is higher than ever. Its way easier to find answers than back in the day. You can seriously find information on ANYTHING via net in less than 10 seconds. Its really remarkable when u think about it. But most youth do not use the net as a tool, they just fuck around on facebook and twitter and youtube. The reality is that we live in age where if you have the patience, you can damn near teach yourself anything you want. The possibilities are almost limitless. Years ago you just couldnt do that. There are really no excuses for all these kids to be fucked up like they are with all the free info thats easily accessible out there.

i think that's part of the problem. it's sooo much shit out there, you tend to get bored faster. i graduated college in '98 and the internet was nowhere near where it is these days, and i spent countless hours online when i discovered it. nowadays, there's so much shit, it's like a rabbit hole. you get online to look up one thing. before you know it, you've been online for an hour looking at something completely different than what you set out to look for.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hahha ya pool tables too.

Yes, the 64 was awesome.

Paperboy, anyone? 3157.paperboy_5F00_classic_5F00_car.jpg

ansiaaa

ill o.g.
LMAO @ the paedo episode of Diff'rent Strokes.

I see your point, but it really wasnt so prevalent back then.
Its like paedophilia is a disease and that shit went epidemic.
As for kids dealing drugs in school, we didnt exactly do that but rarely a day went by in secondary school that I wasnt stoned. I dont know where we got all the money from but we used to pool our resources and share. Ah the good ole days.

lol I know what you mean, I was just joking about Diff'rent Strokes, that show was just overwhelmed by crazy stuff.
I actually agree with you... if you take a picture here in Italy on the beach you've got to be sure there aren't some random kids in it, because their mother could get you in trouble and you could almost pass for a perv. people is getting crazy...

I did bond with a couple of the guys Ive had fights with though, you sort of gain a respect for each other. It certainly beats fucking shooting or stabbing each other.

as I said... I think the problem is that people is getting somehow crazier these days. It might be the stress caused by faster rhythms of life, I don't know.
your example about fights fits perfectly: in the past you would have just used your fists and everything would have been over after the fight. nowadays it's more about getting stabbed cos you've looked somebody in the wrong way.
I'm not saying it wasn't happening before or that today you could get killed just crossing the street, but today there surely are more chances to get into something uglier.
It might even be for the increased paranoia that's pumped into our brains, I don't know...

as I said... I think the problem is that people is getting somehow crazier these days. It might be the stress caused by faster rhythms of life, I don't know.
your example about fights fits perfectly: in the past you would have just used your fists and everything would have been over after the fight. nowadays it's more about getting stabbed cos you've looked somebody in the wrong way.
I'm not saying it wasn't happening before or that today you could get killed just crossing the street, but today there surely are more chances to get into something uglier.
It might even be for the increased paranoia that's pumped into our brains, I don't know...

I think its down to a desensitization to violence, along with gangsterism's, like upholding ya rep. And not allowing anyone to disrespect you.
The violence got a lot worse, there are many causes, too many causes.

Hahha ya pool tables too.

Yes, the 64 was awesome.

Paperboy, anyone? View attachment 2997

Paperboy was the shit. So was Double Dragon.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
In the mid 90's all the internet sites were free too, now you have to join and pay.

All the info on net is why kids arn't really learning shit. Tell a 15 year old they have a week to write a 2 page paper on slavery, and they cant use the internet. some of them would freeze, and not have a clue where to start.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Paperboy was the shit. So was Double Dragon.
Oh shit, I forgot about Double Dragon!
image_1843171.jpg

In the mid 90's all the internet sites were free too, now you have to join and pay.

All the info on net is why kids arn't really learning shit. Tell a 15 year old they have a week to write a 2 page paper on slavery, and they cant use the internet. some of them would freeze, and not have a clue where to start.
So true! "Library!?!? WTF is that?"