Rantings of the Over 30 Crowd...

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
On the real though, shit is much more violent for kids these days, I wouldnt necessarily say they have it easier, paedos werent a big thing when we were kids, you could go out and play all day and the parents wouldnt start worrying till it got late. And then we would get bollocked for scaring them shitless by coming in after 9pm.
If a kids out of eyesight these days parents start to get jumpy.

TV and movies are much more violent today but in the US, the inner cities were NO joke during the 80s and early 90s, thats when crack hit the streets and changed everything.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
TV and movies are much more violent today but in the US, the inner cities were NO joke during the 80s and early 90s, thats when crack hit the streets and changed everything.

TV and movies are about the same to me those 80's action movies like Total Recall, all the Rambo's, Chuck Norris Missing in Action movies. The body count in all those movies were off the charts LOL...

And crack during the 80's and early 90's, those crack babies are all in there 20's now, who knows what issues they have today. Are they living productive lives, in and outa jail, or have long term physical or mental problems.

TV and movies are about the same to me those 80's action movies like Total Recall, all the Rambo's, Chuck Norris Missing in Action movies. The body count in all those movies were off the charts LOL...

And crack during the 80's and early 90's, those crack babies are all in there 20's now, who knows what issues they have today. Are they living productive lives, in and outa jail, or have long term physical or mental problems.

I think theres a difference between the mindless violence of the 80's and the graphic violence of now. Everyting is in so much detail now. In the 80's it looked like makeup.
Now you have to see the bullet going through the head in vivid slow motion. Back then the actor getting shot squeezed a bag of fake blood over himself, while dying in an often comical badly acted moment. Nightmare On ElmStreet and Hellraiser were pretty graphic though.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
What ? No Karate champ?

Fist fights were the shit back in the day. I orginised whole gangs of kids to go duke it out enmasse on the playgrounds ! lol
There would be a group of kids playing football and all of us would come charging yelling onto the feild attacking cats like some midevil warfare shit lol.
Afterwards no one even cared we'd all just play football. lol

TRS80 my grndfather had one of those in the day , I would spend ass load of time writing programs in basic so the next time I went to see him I could try them out.
(might be months). lol
Yes when not fighting I was a nerd.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yoooo I was just gonna mention that - Karate Champ was my all time favorite on the Commodore. I could roundhouse like nobody's business.

Karate_Champ.png

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ahah, me and my friends were fighting all the time in Jr High , we didn't mind detention because all the hoochies were there

What ? No Karate champ?

Fist fights were the shit back in the day. I orginised whole gangs of kids to go duke it out enmasse on the playgrounds ! lol
There would be a group of kids playing football and all of us would come charging yelling onto the feild attacking cats like some midevil warfare shit lol.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was waiting for someone to mention coke and crack...in the US that was the biggest shit! People scared to goto the malls im downtown miami and fort lauderdale cause of the cuban and columbian beef....chicos running around with mac 10s outside of lord and taylor and shit...That era was CRAZY down here.

I def miss the arcade golden axe was my shit!

I think the kids being soft and stupid in the US also has ALOT to do with GMO foods, flouridated water, and high fructose corn syrup.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
LOl @ the original post....

Dude....and their kids would have it even easier....

Just as we had it easier than our parents...

It's a vicious cycle...

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 220
1. Hip hop heads wore shell toe adidas with the black sweats, Preps wore IZOD tops and Calvin Kliens.

2. Our swag was our limp when we walked and when we stopped, we had that B-Boy stance.

3. Couldn't leave home without our BIG ASS BOOMBOX after school, and you better have some BIG ish or you better not bring nothing at all.

4. A Dime bag was a half of a sandwhich bag and stuffed!

5. Girls would actually let you know if they liked you.

Those were the days!
oh so true fam...

My kids have it way easier than I had...I know this for a fact because my sons dont even have an after school job like I did...I started working to pay for my clothes, buy music, haircuts, etc at the age of 14. They havent even considered finding a job and I havent stressed them to like my parents did me. My sons are involved in alot of sports and shit though...I still get they sneakers and whatnot...matterfact I got to go pick up two Yankee fitteds today for they big rusty asses...love um though.