Pro Tools 12 now available

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is interesting. I saw a few months ago that Cakewalk came out with a subscription-based model, and now Avid's doing the same thing with Pro Tools.

There's a bunch of new features, of course, but the main thing people will be looking at is the pricing:
  • Pro Tools’ monthly subscription service, which includes one-month license subscription with updates and support, starts at $29.99/month with an annual subscription starting at $299.
  • Pro Tools annual upgrade plan, featuring 12 months of updates and support, starts at $199.
  • Perpetual licenses for Pro Tools software, including 12 months of updates and supports, starts at $899.
Now, I understand that these companies are looking for other ways of making a profit, but these pricing models are pretty steep. I know that if they just released a new version of their software each year, it's not that profitable, however, their prices should be lower.

I think most people don't want to bother with a subscription service, especially if the cost per year adds up to the full price of a cheaper DAW than Pro Tools.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Cakewalks subscription is great, makes sense and is good for the user. Avids subscription on the other hand sucks balls! I hate Pro tools more everyday. But I can't not have it.
When I saw Cakewalk's it actually looks good, however Avid's looks more like just a subscription without much value, I don't know.

members online