Pro Tools 12 now available

1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    This is interesting. I saw a few months ago that Cakewalk came out with a subscription-based model, and now Avid's doing the same thing with Pro Tools.

There's a bunch of new features, of course, but the main thing people will be looking at is the pricing:
    • Pro Tools’ monthly subscription service, which includes one-month license subscription with updates and support, starts at $29.99/month with an annual subscription starting at $299.
    • Pro Tools annual upgrade plan, featuring 12 months of updates and support, starts at $199.
    • Perpetual licenses for Pro Tools software, including 12 months of updates and supports, starts at $899.
    Now, I understand that these companies are looking for other ways of making a profit, but these pricing models are pretty steep. I know that if they just released a new version of their software each year, it's not that profitable, however, their prices should be lower.

I think most people don't want to bother with a subscription service, especially if the cost per year adds up to the full price of a cheaper DAW than Pro Tools.

2. thedreampolice

thedreampolice

blue is greener than purple for sure...
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    Cakewalks subscription is great, makes sense and is good for the user. Avids subscription on the other hand sucks balls! I hate Pro tools more everyday. But I can't not have it.

3. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    When I saw Cakewalk's it actually looks good, however Avid's looks more like just a subscription without much value, I don't know.

4. thedreampolice

thedreampolice

blue is greener than purple for sure...
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points: