Piano Lessons

MaXiMiLLioN

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i'm good...

this the internet..so i wasn't tryin to start no beef....

i feel you on the whole search thing and been asked before..

all i was tryin to say is this...

a forum is to come and ask a question and to get it answered..

you and class tell us to search.. like i sed i feel yall.. but at the same time if i wanted to search then i wouldn't have come to the forum in the 1st place i would have jus gone on the interenet and searched up my answer feel me?

its liek rather then class even sayin anything, if he thought my question was repetitive or redundent.. then HE should have jus ignored it... and let someone else answer it like they did...

by him responin they way he did, its only gon encourage us young bucks to try to "get" at him back...

but uh yeah my ish been answered thank YOU RELIC!

if you think bout it relics answer is mad different from classics.. and relic even gave example of how and why he thinks its usefull...

aka INPUT which is what i was lookin for...

anyways we good,, mad props for keepin it intelligent v/s some corny net beef, sides the salty comment...

stay up playaz

oNe

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
MaXiMiLLioN said:
i'm good...
you and class tell us to search.. like i sed i feel yall.. but at the same time if i wanted to search then i wouldn't have come to the forum in the 1st place i would have jus gone on the interenet and searched up my answer feel me?

I can tell you havn't reseached the internet much for information because from google it's difficult to get specific production questions answered. This site has invaluable information concentrated in it's database just waiting to be searched. Seaching here is nothing like the web's search engines. Unforunetly for you your not correct, in this crowd, about your theory that we should read everything to know what we do and then give shortcuts to people not wanting to take the time to it read themselves. Production takes time and dedication and without either producing might be a waste of your time and your money!

peace

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Depends on which angle you approach it, for cats starting out their are 2 basic approaches

Learning to actually "play" the piano AND
Learning music theory and musical structure.

YOu can do one without the other. When u learn to play the piano you dont neccsarly learn how to make or compose music. 95% of piano lessions focus on tecniques and skills needed to learn how to play OTHER peoples music. Thats why their are alot of professinal pianists who cant compose shit!

On the other hand learning the structure of music prepares you for composing etcc.. THis gives you the fundemental skill set to learn composition which will help you compose better.

For cats starting out its best to learn both at the same time, most people make the mistake of taking piano lessons thinking its gonna make them dope and that aint the case at all.

Learning to play the piano is a totally differnt skill set from learning how to compose music. I can teach almost anybody to play the piano on a basic level. But composition or the magical "ear" to make up melodies etc.. is something that cant be taught, it can only be developed...

class...

you make some good points classic but when i think of composing i think of chopin, Vivaldi, or scarletti. in hip hop you really don't need to compose music all you have to do is be able to play 5 notes and you got a hit song..

MaXiMiLLioN

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
Unforunetly for you your not correct, in this crowd, about your theory that we should read everything to know what we do and then give shortcuts to people not wanting to take the time to it read themselves. Production takes time and dedication and without either producing might be a waste of your time and your money!

peace
but SEE thats my point EXACTLY!!! you n class is provin it right.. NO one is makin YOU answer our silly questions or repEtitative ish!

Chrono said:
give shortcuts to people not wanting to take the time to it read themselves.
ay man AGAIN all You have to do is NOT answer it... its that simple...

nah i'm sayin WE could all go on for days... plus on top of that the EVIDENSE speaks for itself... there will always be some NEW jack that is gon come up on here and post a question thats already been answered.. its inevitable.... thats life son...

but to further illustrate my point here come's old boy low low whose reply to class once again gave me FURTHER insight and more input then havin jus have read class's response...

basically he put a new twist on the whole thing that my feeble old mind hadn't thought of feel me?

that jus gave me a lot to think bout it.. and fo realz i'ma be a fool NOT to take that class....

its all love tho...

ay yo yall think if i had like a yamaha dj-x keyboard that should be straight for the class cuz i'm thinkin they NOT gon be on some hip hop vibe...

keep it peace

stay up my peoples

oNe

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MaXiMiLLioN said:
but SEE thats my point EXACTLY!!! you n class is provin it right.. NO one is makin YOU answer our silly questions or repEtitative ish!

ay man AGAIN all You have to do is NOT answer it... its that simple...

nah i'm sayin WE could all go on for days... plus on top of that the EVIDENSE speaks for itself... there will always be some NEW jack that is gon come up on here and post a question thats already been answered.. its inevitable.... thats life son...

but to further illustrate my point here come's old boy low low whose reply to class once again gave me FURTHER insight and more input then havin jus have read class's response...

basically he put a new twist on the whole thing that my feeble old mind hadn't thought of feel me?

that jus gave me a lot to think bout it.. and fo realz i'ma be a fool NOT to take that class....

its all love tho...

ay yo yall think if i had like a yamaha dj-x keyboard that should be straight for the class cuz i'm thinkin they NOT gon be on some hip hop vibe...

keep it peace

stay up my peoples

oNe

I feel exactly what u sayin just DONT answer right, its like they complainin about taking the time to answer a silly ques., then dont waste time giving a silly answer

I see posts repeated over and over no matter how many times people are told to search

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
lowlow said:
you make some good points classic but when i think of composing i think of chopin, Vivaldi, or scarletti. in hip hop you really don't need to compose music all you have to do is be able to play 5 notes and you got a hit song..

ehhi i see what your saying but also it depends on the producer. Im no chopin but i do pride myself on trying new things "composition wise" it really depends where you wanna take it. A perfect example is kanye's let registratiion, listen to hold me down wit brandy. Thats a full composititon. thats the type of hip hop im into.....

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
ehhi i see what your saying but also it depends on the producer. Im no chopin but i do pride myself on trying new things "composition wise" it really depends where you wanna take it. A perfect example is kanye's let registratiion, listen to hold me down wit brandy. Thats a full composititon. thats the type of hip hop im into.....

could u bless us with a sample of one of those composition hiphop tracks ur into

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:

i feel what ya sayin bruh...

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Real shit i aint no professional pianist or nothin but i learned a feew chords and went from there. When you have something in your head you know what you want it to sound like, the key is playing it. So you just have to develop your ear and trust what are hearing no one can teach you that real shit

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I will tell you straight up Nuff B speaking the truth its great to study Mary had a little lamb etc..(I never took one keyboard or piano lesson I learned by ear and applied what I know but I played sax and drums from 5th or 6th grade thru HS and can sight read and write music)..but its never too late to learn but i think that the best way after circle of fifths and learning some modes, finding a scale from any key and forming triads....is to listen to music you like thats hot and try and play it....I got this from playing in bands, most stage bands learn songs by ear and help each other put the song together....you ear is going to be better off listening to hot shit and trying to figure out the chords...however there is some level of rhythm involved to make it sound relatively goood..........another way that some people might not really look at but get a program like band in the box.....you can open up midi files and then play the songs back at a slower tempo and see the chords replay on the piano in the program....thats cheating but hell like I said if you like 19 or 20 and never took a lesson you need any headstart ....you can get to play something slick.... there is another program I like its called earope, it has every single scale in there also with ear trainging where you guess chords and intervals....I think its great to have a teacher but most teachers arent going to start right in on something complex they usually follow some curriculum....some cats that play in church might help you though.....many of them play by ear and you would never believe it....

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
the fingering is pretty straing forware on this, just follow the numbers

Right hand
at the begginging in the right hand the A note has a 2 above it, which means you play with the second finger(index finger) of ur right hand,you can stick to that postiton threwout the peice casue ur hands dont move much, it just repeats varitons of the same phrase over and over

Left Hand
Pretty much the same thing, look at the numbers ur left hand starts with A and E,
the 5 finger (pinky) is on A, the first finger(thumb) is on E, from therir just follow the fingering, You wiull have to adjust and move your hands down an octive during the second half of the peice when the bassline drops and octive...

Like i said eariler, just follow the numbers.....the do a good job of noting the fingering in this piece

members online

No members online now.