October 1-2, 2011 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Theme: NONE.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

Please try to keep the clutter in here to a minimum. We all know that the Beat This! threads get filled up with posts very quickly. Keep it on topic and related to the competition.

Please check the Beat This pages first for answers, and the Beat This posting guide.

Also, be sure to check the Rules section.

Thanks.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
No Halloween??

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Fuck it...I'll just put something together..... Nothing big...but I like the competition.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Ok......7 Contestants, Kinda thick up in there, 14 would have been better.

After one good listen 3 tracks jump out at me. Let's see how the numbers fall on this one!

Some contestants style of beat was as expected! Sucio went "club dirty south" on us *unexpected* lol. I hear old skool and Nu Skool, east coast, west coast and dirty south. Some new blood rep'n. Nice blend going on here.

Good Luck to those that entered......

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Sucio went "club dirty south" on us *unexpected* lol.

Why not? Lol.... I gotta represent the south...

I guess I'll go back to my roots going forward........it's just that it's so easy to do...and I can't challenge myself....

I get more satisfaction making "dirty south" beats.....

But on another note.....JustRipe fucking killed that beat.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Why not? Lol.... I gotta represent the south...

I feel u...do what u do...I like the beat! It's rap ready... That beat could sell on todays market. That's why u at least placed on my list...

My hats off to those that can find a dope sample and flip it up. It all depends on what your definition of dope is I guess. Sample chops with a bass line and drums is not something I look forward to hearing these days. The potential to make money off of what u produce is a better lane to be in. In my opinion, if your sampled based beat is not fucking with anything half way descent from the 90's you're hustling backwards. If Pete Rock or Primo wouldn't listen and say "damn....he killed that sample" you're not doing much!

EXCLUDING MY BEAT AFTER A 5TH LISTEN THIS IS HOW I SEE IT

1) Tacktic-This dude holds the blue print for flipin' shit....his shit is always smooth as hell! Not so throw backish that it turns me off.

2) Sucio-I'd bump it...synths were on point and the drums on deck...anything dirty south as usuall most on ILL ain't trying to hear...it is what it is...thank God for producers here like me and you....lmao

3) Dac-Just didn't like the bass line...felt is was too thick but the throw back feel brought back memories

4) Ex-Needed more chops I guess.....a little basic for you.

5) JustRipe-good feeling track...Tacktics was just put together better imo. I like variety so with 2 similar style beats one will always fall to the bottom with me...unless it's mind blowing!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dacalion: Not your usual quality beat Dac

DJ Excellence: Agree with LDB, a little bare or incomplete

This was a bit more close than usual! Kudos and good work to everyone

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
1) LDB
2) Sucio
3) JustRipe
4) TACTIK
5) Mogrizzly

Appreciate that Dox. Top votes from dudes like you let me know that I'm doing something right. It's like when Ash and them were here. They were very open minded. Them dudes voted with no bias what so ever. I feel confident that my production game is back to where it once was and it only took 2 or so months. I'm pretty damn happy with what I'm doing right now after a 2 year layoff. I'm going to put 30 or so quality tracks together and hit the streets on last time before this becomes just a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.