November 22-25, 2006 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
aight so what is the general view on voting for yourself? I don't think you should.. and i havent. but if something is close and say one person votes for themselves while the other doesnt.. that could be all the difference, know what i mean?

Oh an just to be safe lol, i'm not accusing anyone at all. i've had this question before the battles started but now that it's more relevant i'm tryna see what's up.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't know. There's nothing I can do unless I was to remove that member's vote if they vote for themselves, but I've always left it at their own discretion. Usually they don't vote for themselves, but I know what you're saying, if the vote is close or not. I guess if it ended in a tie, or if it ended in a 1 point win and that member voted for themselves and the other member didn't - then I'd have to look into it.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
My 2 cents

First off: NO DISRESPECT INTENDED

I think that everyone that has advanced so far deserved it, hands down. I was highly disappointed in certain guys like Stress, Bigd, Sven, I've heard a lot better from you guys but for this battle you didn't bring it. Your beats were just "there" so to speak. I really thought you 3 especially would come with something hard like Ash Holmz did.

Svenghali, your beat is good, don't get me wrong, and you're saying you chopped up this sample this way and that way and that's great, but you have to understand that when someone's listening to that beat, they just want to hear a banger, period. A beat like that is not for battling really. I know we're not supposed to judge based on whether it's a battle beat or not, but still that beat was, sorry to say (again no disrespect) - boring. I don't mean boring in that it's a snooze-fest, no. What I mean is, compared to your opponent, it lacked something.

Stress, your beat is good, and you know I love that kind of style but honestly Young Q's beat was "perfected". The first impression I had of your beat was "sloppy". Again, no disrespect, I just thought that it wasn't mixed well, not polished. It has nothing to do with whether people are voting for 2-key synth pattern beats or not, it's a matter of which beat really stood out of the two.

Again, I don't want to piss you guys off but I had to express my opinion on the matter because a few of you were acting like it's a conspiracy with the voting. Maybe some members are voting for their friends, maybe not. I would love to see certain members win because I know them somewhat personally, but when it comes time to vote, the person that has the better beat is getting my vote, period.

So if you didn't advance, don't automatically think that it's because nobody here likes that style of beat, step back and really take a listen to your beat. Now if Ash Holmz's beat from round 1 or 5th Sequence's beat from round 1 for example, didn't win, then I'd be wondering what was going on, but in this case I think the votes are right on.

**ducks to avoid the eggs and tomatoes being thrown.

I am not sure what bringing it is in this instance then Lol no disrespect but I am begining to lose touch in what someone else might see is that is some hot shit...as opposed to a lot of the listening on the site in what certain people see as a hot or good beat cause i aint on the same wavelength of what youve been listening to or used hearing, because in some respects some of the beats that won can be seen as sloppy, offbeat or just pure garbage or even just what the fuck was that...that just my 2 cents though.....no disrespect...now there is a little warning that says dont pick the overall best battle beat the but the best beat...I dont understand that disclaimer.....also really listen to what was done with the beat....could I easily redo that, are they making a half assed approach at doing a beat that someone else has done.....how original is that joint....these are the questions I ask....I dont know about anyone else...but anyway thats all of my comments on that though....good luck to whoever wins.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When it says "vote for the best beat, not the best battle beat", it's simply because in the past I know some guys were not voting for a beat because it didn't seem like a "battle" beat. In other words, a smooth, laid back beat wouldn't be considered "battle" to them.

O

open mind

no doubt.for some dudes a beat could be the hotest shit they ever heard in their life at the same time for some other dudes the beat could sound shitty.u can debate over and over everybody has their own opinion.the MASS decide.thats how it is.it is what it is.u can discuss about it over and over again the result will be the same the MASS decides if u put your beat to the MASS.its all good.

the world is great lets go out and hear some birds singing.one love

open mind in this MUTHAFUCKA!!! AHAHAHH

S

Svenghali

Point taken Fade. It's alot of hot joints in the competition and what you said was taken with great consideration. I waited til the last minute to put something together and I guess it showed. No disrespect meant to anyone in the comp. I'll holla! EZ.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I hope I didn't piss any of you off! But I'm just giving my opinion and being honest of what I thought. Sven, I shouldn't have said "boring", I guess that's the word that came out at the time. My apologies if I offended you on that one.

Round 2 is over, good luck to everyone in the next round!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Point taken Fade. It's alot of hot joints in the competition and what you said was taken with great consideration. I waited til the last minute to put something together and I guess it showed. No disrespect meant to anyone in the comp. I'll holla! EZ.

Basically you took the words out of my mouth but in my case I aint wait till the last minute to stretch all my samples and construct it from the Mandrell record it came from oh well the technical construction of my joint, drum choice etc... was well thought out trust me, maybe next time but I really dont have lots of time to do that and have an outcome like that I should have come with the hard joint I had off the break..

T

The Bastard

wtf i just asked a simple question no need to be mad about nuthin' and you insulting me because iam to long online on a website? get ya mind right.

dont try to reason wit him, threaten injury to his family and abuse him

O

open mind

Fuckin every battle, I go against what I want to put up....anyways, check the last son myspace for the track i originally wanted to go with for the 2nd round(LIFE)....lol(in my sig)

damn stress u wanna compete with RZA or what? quality of that "Life" track comes very close dude.love dat! it sounds so warm. u get the "WU" sticker on that joint.lol
great work.

ps:i think u would have won the whole competition with that track.iam serious!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo peace to all who actaully entered instead of just YAPPIN they traps!.. 5th sequence u got skillz 4sho .. i shouda known better to come with such a simple track for that round ...... if this was an emcee board theyd go bonkers over my beat ..but this is a producer board .... and that was a "producers producer" type of beat rite there u hit em wit 5th. u def deserve the win ...u killed my babe ruth prediction lol ... on this note i think ill retire from all Ill competitions .............. that is unless fade ups the ante to a $20-$30 buy in hehe ...... then im back like crack ... hot track and much props

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Ash man, I was feelin your beat more than i was my own. I had to refrain from voting for you lol. I completely agree with you though, my track was more producer oriented. I thought i was done for after listening to your track, but at the same time i was like shit i wouldnt wanna go out by any other beat. Your beat was just that ill to me.

I hope you don't retire though, i've rarely gotten to hear any of your stuff and everything you've put up in the battle has been very impressive. Got the utmost respect for you bro,

Be easy man, peace

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Very tight finals! Congratulations to Hardboiled on winning the whole thing. 5th Sequence, you were 1 vote away :(

I'll be contacting you guys asap.

Props to everyone that entered and to everyone that voted. If more members got involved with competing or voting, it would make these battles even better, then we could have them more often instead of once a year. :headbang2

S

Svenghali

Congrats

Hardboiled, props my dude. You deserved to win that. You came up on your skills homie....from 'round last year to now the progress can be heard. Alot of times so-called producers (beatmakers really) don't understand that it's about finding your niche (style, sound), creativity, spontaneity, growth, professionalism and consistenty. Those are all of the qualities that all successful producers have in common. You have a sound, continue to foster that sound, find ways to make it pop and don't worry about what the Neptunes or 9th Wonder is doin' cause they already did those things mentioned above.

Stay on your grind.

EZ

Status
Not open for further replies.