November 22-25, 2006 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
This is a dumb question that has to be asked.

So do we vote on our own battle? I'm a pretty honest guy and say my 1st beat was up against Scandal's 1st beat I'd be like F@#$%!!! I gotta vote for him.That beat is killer Scandal! Back to the question, is everyone voting on their own battles?

S

Svenghali

word, I dont think I ever voted on myslef,,I'm gettin killed so,,,,sike.

Don't feel no way about it. I'm not gonna cast a vote for myself and I'm gettin' killed. In the past month I've landed 2 tracks with cats that are signed to majors, yet I still can't get the nod from IllMuzik producers other than you (Stress), Elementree, SpanishHarlem and Relic. I know I'm not a popular guy around here by any stretch of the imagination but c'mon 2 to 7, is my track that bad? Note: This is not a reflection on my competition at all, just an observation over the past 7 or 8 months. But it's good, haters motivate me.

I'm about to get my vote on for the rest of the competitors. Once again, best of luck to all the contestants that had the balls to jump in the comp and put their money up instead of yappin'! EZ.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
maybe its that the other beat is good?

O

open mind

u can win or lose thats what competition is all about.u cant expect to win always.enuff said

S

Svenghali

maybe its that the other beat is good?

You really are Berserk. I guess you didn't read the caption "Note: This is not a reflection on my competition at all". Translation: this is not about my opponent or his track. I'll pm you on this, I don't want this to become an exchange cause it's still about the competition.

u can win or lose thats what competition is all about.u cant expect to win always.enuff said

I'm goin' to assume that your comment (see quote above) was directed towards me, but once again you show your inability to grasp a simple concept. I don't expect to win, but I do expect to compete. It's a competition, I expect for people to judge my tracks, not me.

As far as I'm concerned the conversation is over.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
You really are Berserk. I guess you didn't read the caption "Note: This is not a reflection on my competition at all". Translation: this is not about my opponent or his track. I'll pm you on this, I don't want this to become an exchange cause it's still about the competition.

i'm just playing anyway g

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Don't feel no way about it. I'm not gonna cast a vote for myself and I'm gettin' killed. In the past month I've landed 2 tracks with cats that are signed to majors, yet I still can't get the nod from IllMuzik producers other than you (Stress), Elementree, SpanishHarlem and Relic.

i feel you man,,its how it is around here. The majority of the current members on on some other ish anyways, I seen a few battles that really didn't make sense,,but it's just an online comp, so who cares B.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Pretty much how its been for awhile, also you know its sooooo easy for a lamer to just 1. be jealous....2. really not like you....and just feel free to vote completely against you regardless or to get you out of there so you wont be competition all types of ways to look at that..... so you lose everytime...its how it is a lot of times when you have a poll and you figure only 20 people on average vote and you have to take into consideration there was how many contestants ? about 12 or so LOl so that leave 8 people on the outskirts that voted in addition to the thousands of registered...doesnt make sense to me, so it does not leave a lot of voters on the outskirts 7 or 8 in addition to the contestants...thats just the knowledge...I know someone will come back with something to the contrary but thats just the truth of it all though....not really a lot of explaining needed, if you lost you lost LOL

Young Qyu

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Being new to this community, I wasn't sure how biased the votings would be. No matter what, a little bias will be inevitable. I'm not tryin to downplay the credibility of ILL either. For the most part though, listening to all the beats, it seemed that the better beat came out on top. But we are to remember, this is a battle of producers/beatmakers that are gonna be judged by the minds of other producers/beatmakers. So all the little things will be recognized. If the voters were the general ignorant public (sorry to be so harsh), things might've swang differently. But in the end, you vote for whichever shit be poppin. I was surprised at how lopsided my battle with Stress was. Stress, I was feeling that shit you came with, I expected a much tighter battle. To be honest, I was a little intimidated with your status in the community too. But I was fortunate. Now it looks like I'm the lucky one to face the defending champ this round.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Being new to this community, I wasn't sure how biased the votings would be. No matter what, a little bias will be inevitable. I'm not tryin to downplay the credibility of ILL either. For the most part though, listening to all the beats, it seemed that the better beat came out on top. But we are to remember, this is a battle of producers/beatmakers that are gonna be judged by the minds of other producers/beatmakers. So all the little things will be recognized. If the voters were the general ignorant public (sorry to be so harsh), things might've swang differently. But in the end, you vote for whichever shit be poppin. I was surprised at how lopsided my battle with Stress was. Stress, I was feeling that shit you came with, I expected a much tighter battle. To be honest, I was a little intimidated with your status in the community too. But I was fortunate. Now it looks like I'm the lucky one to face the defending champ this round.

word kid, you made valid points B. Ya shit was tight too, Not my style of beat, but I liked the overall mix, that impressed me alot. I'm a Mod,,,so cats be kissin my ass because of that,,,sike,,lol,,naw man,,good shit B.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
My 2 cents

First off: NO DISRESPECT INTENDED

I think that everyone that has advanced so far deserved it, hands down. I was highly disappointed in certain guys like Stress, Bigd, Sven, I've heard a lot better from you guys but for this battle you didn't bring it. Your beats were just "there" so to speak. I really thought you 3 especially would come with something hard like Ash Holmz did.

Svenghali, your beat is good, don't get me wrong, and you're saying you chopped up this sample this way and that way and that's great, but you have to understand that when someone's listening to that beat, they just want to hear a banger, period. A beat like that is not for battling really. I know we're not supposed to judge based on whether it's a battle beat or not, but still that beat was, sorry to say (again no disrespect) - boring. I don't mean boring in that it's a snooze-fest, no. What I mean is, compared to your opponent, it lacked something.

Stress, your beat is good, and you know I love that kind of style but honestly Young Q's beat was "perfected". The first impression I had of your beat was "sloppy". Again, no disrespect, I just thought that it wasn't mixed well, not polished. It has nothing to do with whether people are voting for 2-key synth pattern beats or not, it's a matter of which beat really stood out of the two.

Again, I don't want to piss you guys off but I had to express my opinion on the matter because a few of you were acting like it's a conspiracy with the voting. Maybe some members are voting for their friends, maybe not. I would love to see certain members win because I know them somewhat personally, but when it comes time to vote, the person that has the better beat is getting my vote, period.

So if you didn't advance, don't automatically think that it's because nobody here likes that style of beat, step back and really take a listen to your beat. Now if Ash Holmz's beat from round 1 or 5th Sequence's beat from round 1 for example, didn't win, then I'd be wondering what was going on, but in this case I think the votes are right on.

**ducks to avoid the eggs and tomatoes being thrown.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
BBBoooooooooo!

lol,,sike, I been listenin to my shit over and over,,,,then I realised somethin,,,I should of like compressed the beat and changed the bassline. I found a dope sample and rushed it (yet again instead of goin with my first instict) and Young Q's was better,,,I just thought that was a hell of a land-slide,,lol.

Fuckin every battle, I go against what I want to put up....anyways, check the last son myspace for the track i originally wanted to go with for the 2nd round(LIFE)....lol(in my sig)

Status
Not open for further replies.