Neptunes video

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Thanks nug,
Awesome link for a rainy Saturday..
Dope piano groove goin on there, cool to see them hangin out chillin, I think the talkin on the phone is real, it sounded like she was calling a car service, it was probably 6 in the mornin...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
that was definitely hot. good looks

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I had ties to a guy who gets those videos on FP and I decided to host it for him back in February... Ya'll a little late ;)

Donovancoley.com is just the site i put all my mp3s and other files, so it doesn't get very many hits... But when I posted that video I had 35,000 hits in that month.

Every other month I get about 3,000 hits lol.

-Donovan

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Old video - and yeah the song was release -
The stuck up chick you see in the video - who dropped it as a promo

and this other chick i think has a version to it...

the final mix was garbage.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
whats the name of the final mix? not Midnight hour?? lol dang , hearing singing over and over was kind of annoying in the end. But i understand why he was so damn proud. Pretty track he had there... And the girl... WHO CARESSSSSSS!! She dont even sing, she stayed there like a statue.

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DaSon said:
Old video - and yeah the song was release -
The stuck up chick you see in the video - who dropped it as a promo

and this other chick i think has a version to it...

the final mix was garbage.

Vanessa Marquez has a version of "Midnight Hour", but that's NOT HER IN THE VIDEO, that's Tasha... And that final mix is NOT garbage, so idk what you're talkin about. This is one of my favorite Neptunes productions to date. (To cover my ass I like Neptunes' Pop/RnB as well as their Bangers, this is at the top of the list of Pop).

I was hosting the finished song a while back but got threatened by some organization *yawn*.

And in Tasha's defense (who is real pretty btw ;) is that video was taken early in the morning, after they had been working forever. Notice she had to sit there and watch Pharrel make the beat basically from scratch (I did a beat live online last night and ish took 3.5 hours) so she must've been REAL bored. But that WAS real pathetic how she didn't even input on the melodies nor the hook...

Ah well, it happens, and that song is hot. *Listens*

-Donovan

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Donovan said:
Vanessa Marquez has a version of "Midnight Hour", but that's NOT HER IN THE VIDEO, that's Tasha... And that final mix is NOT garbage, so idk what you're talkin about. This is one of my favorite Neptunes productions to date. (To cover my ass I like Neptunes' Pop/RnB as well as their Bangers, this is at the top of the list of Pop).

I was hosting the finished song a while back but got threatened by some organization *yawn*.

And in Tasha's defense (who is real pretty btw ;) is that video was taken early in the morning, after they had been working forever. Notice she had to sit there and watch Pharrel make the beat basically from scratch (I did a beat live online last night and ish took 3.5 hours) so she must've been REAL bored. But that WAS real pathetic how she didn't even input on the melodies nor the hook...

Ah well, it happens, and that song is hot. *Listens*

-Donovan

Thanks for clearing this out. Nice. Im looking forward to hear the final mix. :: later:::

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
classic said:
This is a great video and gives me a alot of confidence, i can do joints like that all day ;)

I like those cats casue they are true musicans.

Also take note that he is working on an entire song concept instead of just a beat. Anybody can get lucky and make a tight beat.

Somebody tell that girl to let me cut something

class.....

I agree with you Class, true musicianship at work!! That track is so hot. Now I've got that joint in my head now. Well, there goes another lost night of peacefull sleep. That has inspired me to go back and work on some joints I've got cookin' like that.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok I don't want to be the hater here that was dope, but in the beginning that piano riff you hear is not him I dont thinkg.....but he is actually playing the high sine bassline over and over till he gets it perfect thats what you see him doing at first I thought he was playing that piano part with his left hand but.....he is using the pitch bender to get that high sine lead perfect like you hear in a lot of older RnB but used a lot nowadays.....the chord progressions you hear aint Pharrel at least live on that video anyhow, if so it may be something he played before the vid and sampled because his actions do not even match up with that part of it.(PLEASE Correct me if I ain't observing this process correctly)....not to say he aint dope because I heard he plays......LOL but yeah Classic you can can get lucky and make a hit.....that dont have anything to do with musicianship, I know musicians that are well trained that couldn't make a hit if their life depended on it.....LOL.......I think the common denominator is talent, vision and being able to put it all together in a unique and universal way.....good video though..

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What you said was pretty obvious, the beat was basically done. Nobody knows if he did that piano loop, but it wasn't done in the video.

-Donovan

members online