Myspace dont sleep

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
maybe its me but i have been on myspace for a while but have not uploaded any tracks i went to do it and dont see how any help out there ??

I GOT IT my bad yall

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this is a great idea, cause if alot of illmuzik ppl get on this then i'll get to hear alot more of what ppl are doing round here. plus u can send out bulletins and all that, just extend the community futher

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah, but we gotta come back here hehe, lets keep fade happy lol! But its exposure, now to deal with the package cuz everybody needs to rep themselves but under a illmuzik format. Ive already found a player which is under development but has a buy now buttons , those sorta things. Peeps have their albums ready, drop em on their pages but also get exposure via illyfam at myspace, what you need are dope productions and a good team with ideas and opinions.

Mr Keyes

ill o.g.
Yeah I've had quite a lot industry contacts too on myspace. It's a great look. I got beef with those serial posters too I let it go but it's pissing me of so I clamping day ish out.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Yeah, ive hooked up a few collabrations through myspace. I think its even more useful for a few of us UK kats because there is literally no one at all locally who could put two rhymes together, let alone rap.
Haha, I like that IllMuzik page idea, should help a lot of people get more exposure.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
The only downside i don't like though, is with it being overpowered with spam but other than that it's a good site to use.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i was gettinf alot of spam requests, just turn on the captcha and walla, there just about gone. i usually let whoever leave whatever comment they want. i really aint trying to knock anybody thats trying to promote themselves. but for real, you all delete cats thats trying to promote their music. dont get me wrong i know that 98% of these dudes is wack. but isnt that what its all about? i would prolly delete if the same dude left the same shit daily, but i havent had that happen yet.

quick question: i put music on myspace on Nov 4, 2007 and now i have 8700 profile views, and 7300 plays, with about 3000 friends. it is now Jan 13, 2008 do you all think those is good #'s. im just wondering how im doing, and this is without anykinds of player bots or programs that cats be using. that shit kills me,hahaha, like these dudes in my hometown, 2 to be specific. one has like 500 friends and something like 80,000 plays and the other has like 300 friends and over 1,000,000 plays. what the fuk are they thinking. they couldnt have possibly had that many plays in a couple of months.

do any of you use those things, and do you notice any of this going on with people you know. i understand some aspects of it. but yet again i think its defeating the purpose. myself, i wanna know how much people are listening to my shit, not some guestimated # cuz i added whatever amount of plays.

peace,

eldia

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Honestly, those number aint sh!t, it dont mean nothin if you got 100 play's or 1,000 play;s. Myspace is great for High school kids and just making a page for yourself, but in this music business you cant depend on myspace to get anything. If I were you I would do what H&R is talking about and buy a spot on a mixtape to get promoted or "heard" you know?

Good luck though, and if you get some where with those Plays on your Myspace, I'll try harder to promote my shit too :wink:

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Honestly, those number aint sh!t, it dont mean nothin if you got 100 play's or 1,000 play;s. Myspace is great for High school kids and just making a page for yourself, but in this music business you cant depend on myspace to get anything. If I were you I would do what H&R is talking about and buy a spot on a mixtape to get promoted or "heard" you know?

Good luck though, and if you get some where with those Plays on your Myspace, I'll try harder to promote my shit too :wink:

i would never rely on solely one source to promote myself. did it come off like i was insinuating that? sorry if i did. but you know what i do like! ! people from other countries listening to my shit. back in the day that wouldave never happened. unless you got on some underground label, or was touring. no matter how you look at it, the more you get people to listen to your music the closer you are to accomplishing what it is a musician sets out to do. anyway shape form or fasion "."

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
i would never rely on solely one source to promote myself. did it come off like i was insinuating that? sorry if i did. but you know what i do like! ! people from other countries listening to my shit. back in the day that wouldave never happened. unless you got on some underground label, or was touring. no matter how you look at it, the more you get people to listen to your music the closer you are to accomplishing what it is a musician sets out to do. anyway shape form or fasion "."

Exactly, it's not all there is but as a few people have said in this thread it can be an invaluable tool in promoting yourself, if used correctly. These days if you don't have a website, myspace page or some other place on the net people can check out your stuff you'll come across as being unprofessional, (unless of course you've already made it, in which case you might be able to do without it).

Fuck, without the internet, the only people I could hope to hear my shit are over here and probably largely uninterested, (a large population means a bigger market but it also means more people who are not gonna be interested too), nor I would I have been able to hear what you guys are doing.

members online