Myspace dont sleep

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Who uses that site to promote? I have gotten some crazy connects on the site even though I have been a member since 2004 I just put tracks up in August 2005 and now have just tipped 60 thousand plays, everyone is asking what am I doing....the answer is....nothing, no bots, no friend bots and any of that crap I see people run to get their numbers up, all of my friends are either Real friends or some people that request to be added but my beef is producers that plaster my page with advertisements for their tracks LOL but you have to do it, I have 4 phone number of real people in the industry off the site and just got 2 projects to make some money off of, has anyone else gotten solid connections from the site?????

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
cuz yous is one of them cool niggaz! sjeez.... my experimental ass only gets,,,, peeps from illmuzik lol which is cool. Maybe I need to spice things up, put up mo mpc pics in there and less smoking stuff.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
MySpace is a mutha. Some good industry numbers have found there way to me through there. I havn't seen a check from it yet but they're a lot closer in reach now, as long as I push for em.

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ambition said:
That is the only reason I got myspace
Same here.

BigD: Yea, I think it is a shame for people to sleep on MySpace, thinking it is just a fad. MySpace has its good and bad points. I stay away from the bad points: people trying to get to know you so they can stalk you and the violence that results from "MySpace beef."

The good things are an area to network, upload your joints, post pictures, you can just give someone your MySpace address and boom, they see you. It's FREE and EFFECTIVE.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as far as the networking aspect, it's nice, i've come in connection with some who i would consider a far reach. i put a homie on to it and within a day or so connected with Krumbsnatcha to arrange a meeting for some work. it does have it's short comings (it's free, shortcomings are expected), nonetheless with the ability to customize your page (there's even other media players where you can upload more than 4 songs also), you can give your page as much life as you want.

yo dee..as far as the shameless self promo cats that's hittin, you should change your settings to approve whatever comments are left, that way if they, they hit would nothing but a self promo add, you can delete it before it hits your page. i let it go for a while but it just got outta hand. other cats music conflicting with your own,etc. Peace.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lol, I'll say it like Little Brother "Even Mahalia Jackson has a MySpace nowadays"

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Good Idea

Formant024 said:
is there a reason why we shouldnt open up an illmuzik myspace account ?
You know how to do it to, you take about 16 songs, divide them into like 5 minutes...make 5 tracks like this you could put up a lot of tracks like that, also have a vocal intro before each joint with the producers name then put up the site looking just like this one...that would be a real good look!

GRAE Eminence

ill o.g.
I was reluctant to use myspace a t first....but now, you cant excape it. Everyone I know in the industry has a myspace account. We're a little late, but we finally got one.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
http://www.myspace.com/illmuzikfam

bitches get at it! Im figuring out cosmetics!

Ill also add a player that can host songs but I need your hot tracks, and they must be online. Im also judging and filtering out crap so just goodie stuff, if anyone wants to hook up with this pm me, those who have the potential of doing so are those we can find backstage...sorry for now vips only...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
good idea formant......... bout to hit you up... but its looking hella weird right now? like maybe you were in the middle of writing some html mask for the page and then you forgot you had some weed cookies in the oven?

members online