My 19 year old Lil Brother gets out of PRISON June 25th!!!

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Damn Hop, I wanna be you when I turn 19. LOL.

Nah, but seriously, thats good that you'll have your brother(s) around Truth, there is no stronger bond than that of the siblings.

-Roy

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
another cool thing: my 12 year old brother recently got locked up for throwing a 2X4 through a winjdow, hitting a female group home staff in the face- but hes getting out too, and going back to the group home, possibly to return to so cal soon (he is in sacramento)

I'm glad to hear that your bro(s) is/are getting out of lock-up because that type of life sucks, but don't just blame the system. We are responsible for our own actions. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders so hopefully you'll rub off on them.

Also, IMO it was pretty stupid to write "another cool thing: my [other] brother [does stupid shit too]." Come on man that's not cool. It's not cool to be locked up for any reason. You probably meant it's cool that he's getting out, but I took it a different way.

Ctrl

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yea, I think he meant it's cool his brother was getting out,

but he threw in the 2x4 story just for the sheer craziness of why he was locked up in the first place

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
M!nd_Ctrl said:
I'm glad to hear that your bro(s) is/are getting out of lock-up because that type of life sucks, but don't just blame the system. We are responsible for our own actions. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders so hopefully you'll rub off on them.

i wasnt/am not "blaming" the system for the actions fo me or my family; i blame the system for putting us in situations that encourage the acting out.

an example: the brother in reference to that comment, has a looooong history of violence, and his file said.... SPECIFICALLY..., and i know this cause i have access to it where i work-"is known to be rough around small children. do not place with small children", and what did they do? they put him in a place with small children.. now... the kid was actually a smaller version of him, so to speak. same issues, same problems, same attitude, etc. so what happens? its not like he beat the kid up, but they both play rough and the kid wound up getting hurt, and his mo- he was the biological child of the foster parent-her and the father are known to stretch the truth a bit, and i know this because i spent considerable time working with the family personaly.sooooooooo my brother got put back into the group home from there. it was his first stab at regular foster care in like 2 years, and it was gone in an instant because the dumb ass social workers lied to the agency-"didnt give all the details"- and so in the end both of these kids got screwed. and, honestly, that placement was key, because he got pissed after busting his ass for 2 years trying to get put back into regular placement and said FUCK IT. so had the idiot social workers gave the WHOLE story and gave his history accurately, he would have been placed in a more suitable home better equipped to deal with his issues ina productive way. we have 65 homes and every home has a niche.. some excel with teen girls, others do well with toddlers, certain homes do exceptional work with "problem" kids of all types, and others tend to handle simpler cases, and had the information been given properly, a LOT of things would have been different- or, at least, he would have been in an environment FAR more condusive to him making a succesful transition from group home to foster care, but instead he went back to group home, and then back to juvenile hall.

thats one instance, one story, one thing, and i can lieterally write page upon page of similar problems i had while i was in there, as well as each of their situations. i can write a book apiece just on the systems horrific mismanagement of our cases..not to mention the many more that i see pass through my office every day.

there is a reason that 2X4 was thrown- since i gave the last story, i'll keep this more to the point, but the staff at the group home admitted to elevating the situation by some questionable decisions they made during the incident, which is why the judge is releasing him back to the home. the home knows they screwed up and basically provoked him and thus kept the bed open for him to return.

the system deserves a LOT of blame for BOTH of my brothers situations. its one thing when healthy choices are made for you and you fuck it off, its another when they push your buttons, do stupid shit to make you think a situation is hopeless when it is FAR from it, and you react because in your mind you have nothing to live for and nothing to lose that hasnt been ripped from you already anyways.

i did a lot of the same shit, but i got lucky and i was a lot more street smart then they are, so i stayed out after i ran.

[/QUOTE]
Also, IMO it was pretty stupid to write "another cool thing: my [other] brother [does stupid shit too]." Come on man that's not cool. It's not cool to be locked up for any reason. You probably meant it's cool that he's getting out, but I took it a different way.[/QUOTE]

uhhhhhhhhh i think its pretty obvious what was meant by what i said. why would you take it seperately from the *obvious* context of the whole post, after reading (and posting) the whole segment? hoppa hit the nail on the head.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn, that sucks he been locked up for so long, i got some boys in there now, and headed in soon, shit sucks. Good thing he gettin out though

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
i wasnt...

Nice post. Thanks for the explanation.

I don't think it was all that clear, but I mentioned that I might be wrong in my response. I took the post as a story about your brothers getting released from jail. You chose to mention the fact that he hit a female and... 2 X 4...

Yes, you probably threw it in for "sheer craziness" but I took it the wrong way. Hopefully you haven't been offended.

Ctrl

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah 19 is still very young. Its never too late to make things right especially at 19. The sad thing is that the system is set up so that you will have the highest chance to fail than succeed. Being in prison for half your life can only make a more bitter and violent person. There is the exception, but unless that person is incredibly strong minded then your chances to live a happy life are slim to none. Shit its even hard for the average Joe who has kept his record clean to get by let alone an ex-con. I hope your brother has a good plan. The cycle is so vicous.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man i am driving out friday night to get him. cant wait, its been far too long. the one who was locked up in sacramento just got relocated 20 minutes away, so everything is coming together nicely, my sister just had her baby (adorable kid by the way) and everything is going well.

if only i didnt have this stupid break up to deal with, this woudl be the perfect summer!

im still jazzed abuot my brotyhers though. its long overdue.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
man i am driving out friday night to get him. cant wait, its been far too long. the one who was locked up in sacramento just got relocated 20 minutes away, so everything is coming together nicely, my sister just had her baby (adorable kid by the way) and everything is going well.

if only i didnt have this stupid break up to deal with, this woudl be the perfect summer!

im still jazzed abuot my brotyhers though. its long overdue.
Make ur summer more perfect by gettin me a birthday present on me birthday which happens to be on "DRUM ROLL" June 25 also....i think i said that in this thread already but i like reminding people...not to take anything from the real importance of this thread

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
J Rilla said:
Make ..[my] summer more perfect by...

giving me enough money to cleanly say fuck society cause me and mine and going to travel and live it up. hey breakups are a fuckin sore but that's why true family is so important.

I

I.Q.

Thats cool man. My brother gets out sometime in December. I've never seen him outside of prison so I hope we could do some brother type sh*t when he gets out. So far he's been locked up for 14 and a half years and I'm 15. I mos def know how you feel. I aint grew up in no group home but it's definitely hard growing up without a real family. I lived with my grandma for the past 12 years and he stayed with his dad (different) before he got locked up.
Hope your brothers and yourself the best.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo man i feel ya class it ain't nothin like having a family member get out of jail i remember when my pops was getting out of jail last year my fam surprised me i thought we were going up to visit and shit next thing i know i seem my dad walk out with all these bags and stuff i broke down crying and shit. just keep ya little brother in check and make sure he stay out of trouble and i wish you guys the best of luck.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Wow Cold Truth!!! That's great dogg!
I will lift you and your brother up in prayer CONSTANTLY for his success in life, to learn from past lessons, to continue to look to you, his big brother, for support. That's an awesome story homie!! thanks for sharing that.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
stay alive even if you are fuelled to the fulles extent. dont let them spark you...